August 18 - Hampden Park - Glasgow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for my GA tickets from Ticketmaster as well.
I don't know what they're doing at the office. ???? I'm leaving to Scotland in a few days, so I don't know if I should wait or call them or what. This is really stupid.:down:

Get on the phone

I'm still waiting for my GA tickets from Ticketmaster as well.
I don't know what they're doing at the office. ???? I'm leaving to Scotland in a few days, so I don't know if I should wait or call them or what. This is really stupid.:down:

I ordered my GA tix for Hampden from Ticketline, who get the tix from Ticketmaster and they arrived yesterday. So I would give Ticketmaster a call, I am pretty sure you can also check the staus of your order online with ticketmaster, good luck.

Warby

Good chance that this won't be full now with the Celtic game on that night. Absolute madness, to anyone going get there very early even if you have seats, the east end approach through Rutherglen will be impassable with 60,000 heading to a 7.30 kick off at Parkhead.

Good chance that this won't be full now with the Celtic game on that night. Absolute madness, to anyone going get there very early even if you have seats, the east end approach through Rutherglen will be impassable with 60,000 heading to a 7.30 kick off at Parkhead.

Celtic and U2 on the same night! Ye gods! Ye gods! What an alignment!

Got my tickets a couple of days ago :D
Glad i plan on leaving for Glasgow at 5am to get there for around 6am!! The traffic will be madness during the day!

I ordered my GA tix for Hampden from Ticketline, who get the tix from Ticketmaster and they arrived yesterday. So I would give Ticketmaster a call, I am pretty sure you can also check the staus of your order online with ticketmaster, good luck.

Warby
really? well, I check the status of order almost every day and it still says they haven't been dispatched yet. :(

Hurray!!!!! I finally got my tickets yesterday!!! :applaud: This was after i got an email on Tuesday saying that the seats i had bought were no longer available but they had secured alternative ones, then i tried to check online as directed to see the new seats, only to get the message 'no info available for this order' Arghhh! So i rang and after 25mins managed to speak to a real person who told me that we'd had to be moved to better seats. So i guess that might make up for not being GA. . . . . (also could have gotten 2 GAs but it may have created world war 3 as there are 4 of us going so i had to say no but i really wish i'd been selfish now! I'm too nice! Def GA next time!) :wink:

Nice one Kat! Like an upgrade on an airline :)

It'll be interesting to see what you make of the show from the seats, you'll definitely get a much better appreciation of the whole stage spectacular.

What entrance does everyone else's tickets say for GA? Mine state:

"Pitch entrance: Carmunnock Road.
Onto Letherby Dr
Enter Via Stadium Tunnel 46"

Fairly sure I know where that is, but I think that is within the Hampden car park and the gates could be locked until later in the day. Planning to get there quite early :D

I've got a ticket to the Celtic match too! I'm a big Celtic fan and the opportunity to see a match AND a U2 concert is too good to miss. Except I am going to have to miss part of both events but still!

Where is everyone planning on parking? Will the train for mount florida be a bit chaotic?

What entrance does everyone else's tickets say for GA? Mine state:

"Pitch entrance: Carmunnock Road.
Onto Letherby Dr
Enter Via Stadium Tunnel 46"

Fairly sure I know where that is, but I think that is within the Hampden car park and the gates could be locked until later in the day. Planning to get there quite early :D

my tickets say tunnel 46 as well! your best bet is to leave as early as you can :D i'll be leaving at 4.30am tommorow yay

my tickets say tunnel 46 as well! your best bet is to leave as early as you can :D i'll be leaving at 4.30am tommorow yay

You'll probably just beat me to it - we're leaving at 5.30am from Edinburgh, armed with all sorts of waterproofs!

You'll probably just beat me to it - we're leaving at 5.30am from Edinburgh, armed with all sorts of waterproofs!

i'll be in edinburgh at about 5.30am in order to get the first bus at 5.45am :D it'll be a race to see who arrives first :lol: hopefully there wont be that many people in line already haha! see you there! i really shouls be in bed now lol

i'll be in edinburgh at about 5.30am in order to get the first bus at 5.45am :D it'll be a race to see who arrives first :lol: hopefully there wont be that many people in line already haha! see you there! i really shouls be in bed now lol

I suspect that the weather forecast will put a lot of people off queuing all day, apart from the real nutters of course :)

Great show, sound problems aside, but the GA entry procedures was a disaster. Funnelling everyone down the tunnel in a big crush could have led to a very nasty scene and possible injuries. Has no one in this country learnt any lessons from Hillsborough? My sister nearly got swept off her feet several times and was on the verge of a panic attack by the time we got into the circle. There was no one holding back the people coming through the queue so the pressure kept building.

I will be contacting U2, Live Nation, Hampden Park and all the security firms involved to let them know of my concerns and that they were very lucky they didn't have a serious incident on their hands.

Complete contrast to the extremely well-managed procedure at Wembley.

I noticed there was LOADS of GA space on Edges side, but no-one would go round there despite 2 tannoy announcements. There were pretty few people against the rail too, it would have given a good view, but instead everyone was squashed up on the left. Bit stupid really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom