August 14th at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was dublin though - a lot more out of towners and a bit more "special" show wise. we're a lot more laid back in london!
i rocked up just after 9am on vertigo and was 10th in line. people who arrived at 3pm were still able to get into the ellipse.
you only need to be in the first few hundred to get on a rail of sorts and the first few thousand to get into the pit - getting there some time in the morning should do it.

Haha, you must be joking! :hyper:

I read that the Twickenham shows had big queues early on... I'm glad to be mistaken. Maybe I'll change my plan to hang back at the soundboard then... :hmm:

Also, the Jubilee Line is closed on Saturday? Fuck TfL!!! This shit is why I left in the first place.

:rolleyes: but of course............what did you expect?

:sad::sad::sad:

One of the busiest weekends in that neighbourhood for a long time. of course they`re going to do engineering works on the tube! Probably on the motorways too :lol:

The easiest way into and out of London will be on U2`s helicopter............:hmm:

Somehow I don`t think they`ll be stopping in London unless they`ve got interviews or TV shows lined up that weekend :sad:

Just to say that if anyone is in any doubt about the support bands we heard The Hours twice in Zagreb and they are well worth getting there early for. All excellent musicians who utilise the piano more effectively than Coldplay. A good bunch of lads - they were drinking in our hotel bar after both concerts - didn't realise who they were the first night we were there (before the gig on the 9th) but enjoyed their brief antics on the hotel piano.

Just to say that if anyone is in any doubt about the support bands we heard The Hours twice in Zagreb and they are well worth getting there early for. All excellent musicians who utilise the piano more effectively than Coldplay. A good bunch of lads - they were drinking in our hotel bar after both concerts - didn't realise who they were the first night we were there (before the gig on the 9th) but enjoyed their brief antics on the hotel piano.

Really? I thought they were lame, I was really bored and found the singer to be really pretentious and arrogant. But that was just my impression. Not one of their songs sounded really memorable to me.

Snow Patrol on the other hand, I really got to like these guys a lot.

The night before the first Zagreb gig we went out in the inner city and saw the lads of Snow Patrol sitting there at a pub, having a drink. They seem like really nice guy.

Snow Patrol on the other hand, I really got to like these guys a lot.

The night before the first Zagreb gig we went out in the inner city and saw the lads of Snow Patrol sitting there at a pub, having a drink. They seem like really nice guy.

:love:
Really they have time for a drink?
That is funny because I checked their hp and I noticed that they have nearly every day a gig since march or so! (their own tour+ opening for u2).:ohmy:

So so excited about tomorrow. Because I'm seated I probably won't bother getting there too early, then also hopefully the tubes won't be too horrific. Wishful thinking probably. Anyone know what time the trains stop running from Wembley Central?

So so excited about tomorrow. Because I'm seated I probably won't bother getting there too early, then also hopefully the tubes won't be too horrific. Wishful thinking probably. Anyone know what time the trains stop running from Wembley Central?

Last train from Wembley Central to Euston is 23.25 asa ther is engineering workd planned, will be a bus after that!

London transport don't you just love it :angry:

Warby

so its only getting home after the show that is affected then? Im staying in south kensington ( nice area but my room is as big as my toilet back home and i paid good money to! ) and was planning to get to wembley by tube.
I havnt slept since i left Aus yesterday. just been out on high st kensington sorting my internet and phone for my 3 week stay, think i got ripped off but im so out of it im not sure what ive even been sold! im off for a beer now for i have reason to celebrate...my ticket for the show on sat was here at my hotel! Yay!....anybody near south kensigton? Where should i drink?

Try and find a weatherspoons pub - they are cheaper than others! I suspect London pub prices will be on the high side......I`m going to find a supermarket to buy my boooze from!

Last train from Wembley Central to Euston is 23.25 asa ther is engineering workd planned, will be a bus after that!

Warby

Cheers mate, I only need to get back to Richmond so it's a pretty easy journey. Good luck all you guys queueing! I kinda wish I was GA, but thought too many hours just queueing in my own company would drive me to distraction haha :wink:

Reptile, you should head to leicester sq and go to the comedy store, tickets on the door are £15 and thats always a fun evening :up: The bar isn't too expensive :wink: For London, anyway...

Warby

ha ha ha- yeah- the ecomentalists that make up the local council don't like peoplem driving to Wembley- because all car drivers are Satan's pets and we're killing polar bears etc etc-

and also gives us the "bus lane" on the M4- which does nothing other than induce grid lock for the poor car driver- and not once have I ever seen a bus on that f*****g bit of road

but then TFL does "essential maintenance" during a big event at the stadium- and they expect 70,000 people to easily go through a tinpot little station with a tiny platform

and this is the same city that intends to ban all cars from the Olympics in 2012- ha ha ha ha ha ha

sorry for the rant- I'll be driving to Wembley this weekend

so its only getting home after the show that is affected then? Im staying in south kensington ( nice area but my room is as big as my toilet back home and i paid good money to! ) and was planning to get to wembley by tube.
I havnt slept since i left Aus yesterday. just been out on high st kensington sorting my internet and phone for my 3 week stay, think i got ripped off but im so out of it im not sure what ive even been sold! im off for a beer now for i have reason to celebrate...my ticket for the show on sat was here at my hotel! Yay!....anybody near south kensigton? Where should i drink?

I used to live in South Ken and most places you will find are pretty expensive. Try and go somewhere else (about 200 miles north) :hyper:

Tanks to the Jubilee line fiasco I will end up getting the fucking Bakerloo.

Haha, you must be joking! :hyper:

I read that the Twickenham shows had big queues early on... I'm glad to be mistaken. Maybe I'll change my plan to hang back at the soundboard then... :hmm:

Depends what your purpose of the queue is. If you want to get a rail spot probably aroun 8am. If you just want to get into the Claw and don't care where you stand once in there I would guess around 1pm will be the cut-off. I think people were getting in the Gold Circle at Twickenham up to about 2.30 - 3pm but bear in mind the Claw is about 2,300 compared to about 3,500 for the GC at Twickenham.

As a side-note, I picked up my tickets this evening at about 5.30pm. There were 15 or so people queueing at entrance B/C and what looked like a solitary person at entrance H. They looked like they were all there for the night.

but a strict 10.30pm curfew.

Does get broken, George Michael broke it both nights he played there as did Madonna last year (both got fined, Madonna caused travel chaos by running 40 minutes over, all the extra tubes laid on had already gone stranding thousands at the station).

That said I seriously doubt U2 will, if they didn't go curfew-busting in Dublin I doubt they will anywhere.

thanks for the advice but i just ended up walking around the corner to some oldish looking pub advertising fish and chips, had 2 pints, chatted to some mighty boosh fans before realising i havnt slept for about 40 hours so im about to crash....shall be down at wembley tommorrow late arvo if anybody wants to catch up for a drink......

I was just about to tell you guys that I found out that there was already people in line at Wembley, but dj beat me to it. No matter where you wind up your still going to have a blast. Have fun tomorrow and Saturday everyone

Thats crazy that people are already there at wembley :ohmy: did anyone even camp out for the london shows on vertigo?

I used to live in South Ken and most places you will find are pretty expensive. Try and go somewhere else (about 200 miles north) :hyper:

Tanks to the Jubilee line fiasco I will end up getting the fucking Bakerloo.

I will be heading 200 miles north after the shows. Might even pay a visit to goodison ;)
So what line do i need to go on to get to wemb. from south kensington?

I will be heading 200 miles north after the shows. Might even pay a visit to goodison ;)
So what line do i need to go on to get to wemb. from south kensington?

Take the circle line and change at Baker Street for the met line to Wembley. Shouldn't take more than half an hour.

I'm still at home but will probably leave around midday - I'm gambling that i'll get into the pit, but if I don't having seen them in Paris and Dublin both inside the pit and out, either is great!

In Dublin I was right at the front of the stage on Edge's side and it was a totally different show to Paris where I was in the middle of the pitch. If you're right at the front you don't get a sense of the lighting, the video screen, the crowd. It's like they're playing in your living room but it's true that you'll get a great experience wherever you are in the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom