August 1 - 2nd Gothenburg, Sweden Date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the first one sold out already?

Any news about a second Milan show?

I just saw u2.com has also added a second Dublin show on July 25.

Well there's nothing on U2.com about the 2nd Gothernburg night but the website selling the tickets has just made them available.

I'd check the website selling the Milan tickets rather than waiting on U2.com to break the news a few hours late

How typical, just found out through the Swedish ticket site, not through u2.com.

Nothing there yet about the second show.

As has U2gigs. Wonder how I knew that. :wink:

U2.com will probably add it in a week and get the date wrong.

Great site you have there, Axver, I'd never looked at it before :reject:

I like the up-to-the-minute info and the chatty opinions thrown in (mostly dissing U2.com :wink:)

Thanks.

I usually try to keep my personal feelings out of the articles and focus purely on news/setlist data, but U2.com has been such a farce lately and has made keeping the site current rather difficult, so I allowed myself a shot at them today.

Thanks.

I usually try to keep my personal feelings out of the articles and focus purely on news/setlist data, but U2.com has been such a farce lately and has made keeping the site current rather difficult, so I allowed myself a shot at them today.

Good, I like it, makes it more personable and interesting.

Good, I like it, makes it more personable and interesting.

I think I'm such an opinionated prat that my opinions leak through even when I try not to let them. :wink:

It has been so tempting to write a whole article blasting U2.com, but I think I'd just be preaching to the choir.

Very few tickets left for that second Gothenburg show by the look of it - over 90 minutes in the queue and GA was all gone, so I was offered the nosebleeds.

**Holds onto pre-sale tightly for Dublin 1 :hug:

I'm not a member of Facebook myself but the Swedish fans have decided to welcome U2 to Gothenburg by organizing a Wave White flashmob just like we did four years ago:
YouTube - U2//Vertigo//Gothenburg

Read more and join the group here: U2 (Ullevi 31/7 & 1/8 - 2009) - Vifta Vitt Tifo! | Facebook

The members of the forum of the Swedish fan site U2.se, have decided to organize a project for the two concerts, which will be held by U2 at "Ullevi Stadium" in Gothenburg, on July 31st and the 1st of August this summer. The project is called "Wave White".

We want YOU to bring something white to the concerts, so that when the band enters the stage, you can wave with that white item above your head. Together, we will hopefully be able to turn the stadium into a white and magnificent place, which we will never forget! Surely, the band will be surprised, but also get a lot of energy. In other words, we can expect a hell of a concert!

The purpose of the project is to show our support for the band's work against poverty, but also to give the concerts a good start.

Bring whatever white items you can find and join us!

WAVE WHITE!

Please note that unlike the concert in 2005, the action is not schemed by the editors of the Swedish fansite u2.se but rather its members and readers who are organizing this event with the support of the editors.

Any Interferencers going to Gothenburg? Seems like it's gonna be the least travelled to shows as far as I can tell from the people I've met at gigs so far.

Yes, I am obviously going to Gotheburg. :hyper:
As this is the only shows in the most northern parts of Europe I guess there will be lots of people from abroad and our neighbouring countries, but not necessarily in the same amount as say...Dublin? ;)

I'm going too. Conserts at the Ullevi stadium are usually really good, bands seem to like it. Last time U2 played there was a really good show.

Most people from overseas are likely already on their way to our country and the beautiful city of Gothenburg but I would just like to take this final opportunity to push for the Wave White 2009 flashmob to be performed tomorrow night as well as during the opening of the second show!

In an attempt to follow-up and surpass the vastly successful Wave White act in 2005, the members of the forum of the Swedish fan site U2.se are organizing a flashmob for the two Swedish concerts. These will be held by U2 at Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg, on July 31st and the 1st of August this summer.
Our readers want YOU to bring something white to the concerts, so that when the band enters the stage, you can wave with that white item above your head. Together, we will hopefully be able to turn the stadium into a white and magnificent place, which we will never forget! Surely, the band will be surprised, but also get a lot of energy. In other words, we can expect a hell of a concert!
The purpose of the project is to show our support for the band's work against poverty, but also to give the concerts a good start.
Bring whatever white items you can find and join us!

Spread the word!
Join the Facebook group here: U2 (Ullevi 31/7 & 1/8 - 2009) - Vifta Vitt Tifo! | Facebook
Last.fm Events: U2 360° Tour på Ullevi (Göteborg) den 31 jul 2009 – Last.fm and U2 360° Tour på Ullevi (Göteborg) den 1 aug 2009 – Last.fm

For more 360° Tour information in Swedish, please visit u2.se -- U2360° Tour
More tour information in English: U2 360� Tour
Additional tour coverage in English: U2gigs.com - U2 360� tour news, pictures, reviews
More information about the ONE campaign on U2's 360° Tour:
ONE |

Wave White!

YouTube - U2 360° Tour = Wave White 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom