Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there with wife, sister, and brother-in-law all the way from Cumming, GA (about 30 miles North of ATL).

I'll be there with 4 friends.....all of us traveling a grueling 25 miles to be there!

How was your trip to Dublin, Iris?

Mr. Blu are coming into town on the 5th... possibly as early as mid-morning. Anyone up for a pre-show gathering @ Six Flags? :hyper: :lol:

Six Flags is a no-go, anyway, Iris... they're only open Fri - Sun at that time of year. :sad: Dammit, I need a coaster fix & it's looking like I'm not going to get one this year. :madwife:

probably so, the only ones i pulled up were at the top of the stadium, nose bleed seats:) we who are there are still going to have a wonder ful time though:):)

GA Line in Atlanta

For both Vertigo shows in Atlanta I got in line around 4-5am. Both times I easily got a "railing spot".

Part of me thinks thats EASILY early enough for this tour to get a railing spot since 1: the walkway seems much larger 2: no lottery for the inner circle

another part of me thinks since its just a bigger show more people are gonna be more serious about it this time.

regardless...I'm driving down from nashville at around 1 in the morning...that'll stink.

what does everyone else think ?

-Michael Mitchell

i got the outside rail for 5 elevation shows by showing up about an hour before doors. everyone was pretty much lining up to get in the heart, and it was very easy to get outside rail. vertigo shows, I had GA 3 times and all of them I got there mid afternoon, and could still get a spot 1 or 2 people back from the rail on the outside of the ellipse. once i got beeped in and was on the rail inside because so few had been let in. that was different though, since so many lining up really early didn't get beeped in and had to settle for outside rail. i would guess getting there at 3 in the afternoon i was still around the 400-500 people range.

maybe the stadiums will be very different, but my experience is that you don't have to stand in line all day to be very close. the earliest i have ever gotten there to get in line was on elevation at it was about 10am. I ended up front row center against the rail in front of bono. i was probably 50th in line, but i just got lucky i guess.

4 from TN

Where is everyone staying? I had such a bad plan last time and stayed well outside ATL and was exhausted by the experience.

Any place close and a good deal? My internet searched are disheartening.

I'm in! Just booked a, get this, 12:01 AM (!) Greyhound coach from Raleigh for 06th October. I'm gonna be a very tired man at this gig cos I can't sleep on coaches very well.

Gonna stay at the Castleberry Inn & Suites, 186 Northside Drive - good area? Central? It was cheap :)

Oh, and don't suppose any of you are driving to Tampa for the next gig after Atlanta ...? It's gonna be a fun fifteen hour coach trip otherwise. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom