Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what sdunn posted about the Dome's
policy's:
* Breaking in line will result in your removal from the line.

I bet they are going to make us queue up based on the
numbers on our wristbands. No clue if they are going to
enforce that & the line breaking policy, but you never know.

Hi everyone!

I'm...sorta new. Currently sitting inside a hotel room at the Omni debating on a wake up time for tomorrow. Last tour I got to the arena around 5am or so and got front and center rail inside the circle. One of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

Anyway, I was tempted to walk down there tonight just to get an idea of the area since it's been over 10 years since they've played the Dome. Yeah - PopMart. But, I think I have decided to stay in since there was talk of the area not being the best at night.

Oh well, hope to see some of you in line tomorrow!

Hi everyone!

I'm...sorta new. Currently sitting inside a hotel room at the Omni debating on a wake up time for tomorrow. Last tour I got to the arena around 5am or so and got front and center rail inside the circle. One of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

Anyway, I was tempted to walk down there tonight just to get an idea of the area since it's been over 10 years since they've played the Dome. Yeah - PopMart. But, I think I have decided to stay in since there was talk of the area not being the best at night.

Oh well, hope to see some of you in line tomorrow!

Yeah trust me. Don't be wondering around down there tonight. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

Yeah, now I'm just kind of bored. I'm still on central time having just driven in from Montgomery. Feeling a bit restless.

When will U2 come onstage?

Hey guys, it's been a number of years since I last attended a u2 concert (several during the vertigo tour), and with grad school starting up and an exam wednesday morning i've had too much on my mind as of late, so sorry if this is repetitive, but...

With the concert starting around 7pm EST, what time will U2 be coming onstage? And does anyone know if parking is going to be a problem at the Georgia Dome? I just moved out here and it's a 16 minute drive without traffic, but not sure how the traffic/parking will be after 7pm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys, super excited about the concert tomorrow!

They guys have been coming on around 8:50. As
for parking, I believe all three Dome decks/lots will
be open. Since there are so many venue located
in that area (Dome, Phillips, CNN, GA World
Congress Center) not to mention Centennial
Olympic park, CNN Center, World of Coke, &
GA Aquarium, parking should not be a problem.
However, because there is so much in that area
I would be a bit concerned about traffic. If you want
to see Muse, I would get there & park no later
then 6:30.

I really hope it stays dry tomorrow while we are in line. :censored: rain!

Here's something in Indonesian custom to chase the rain away: stick an onion and a chili pepper on a skewer and plant it on the ground.

:shrug: Don't ask me how that works, or what's the science behind it, but it worked on my 10th birthday... rained cats and dogs in the morning and cleared up about 3 hours before my party. :D

I'm up. I'm up.

Grabbing some oh so yummy hotel room coffee and then I'm headed down to the dome. Depending on what's going on, I might come back.

So far this morning its drizzly.

Its drizzly/rain from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Its cloudy from 10 a.m. to noon
Its mostly cloudy from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.

MissVelvetDress_75 is correct; we got here right at 8, parked in the Red deck ($10, but not listed as an option for us on GA Dome policy sheet or parking map because they're probably trying to save it for ICSC convention @ GWCC); there about 150 then, now probably 250-300 or so now.

~U2Alabama

MissVelvetDress_75 is correct; we got here right at 8, parked in the Red deck ($10, but not listed as an option for us on GA Dome policy sheet or parking map because they're probably trying to save it for ICSC convention @ GWCC); there about 150 then, now probably 250-300 or so now.

~U2Alabama

Happy to see the red lot is open. :up:

Bama,
How is the line/crowd being handled?
Are you allowed to leave for a bathroom, food break, to go back to your car?

Thanks for the parking info. We may end of taking Marta in. Haven't decided yet. I'll kep checking in for updates. Have fun line people!

i wish i could go to this show, i've always liked the georgia dome

-dan

On my way!!! see everyone in line. I will have the Gray shirt on.. with the unforgettable fire shirt on below.. HAHA.. Iris.. Text me when you get there

Peace:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hmm::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Ahhh....I remember the days when I was that dedicated to wait all day in GA. My butt is too old to hold up like that and manage to stand through the concert. My feet are not what they used to be.

But I'll be a dancing fool when the band comes on for 2 hours straight. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom