Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get there before 10 am or the night before. ITS BAD down there.. really bad.. Lot of crack heads and dealers...
I am planning on being down around 12 or so.. Lunch downtown and then the line up.. The dome is huge ya'll HUGE.. so I don't think you'll be left out for the floor.. Iris.. Your thoughts?

I just want to make sure i have a railing spot on the outside of the outer walkway. I HATE having people in front of me.

I got in line 4am for both atlanta shows on the last tour and everything seemed totally fine.

-michael

:applaud::applaud::applaud: I just received notification from U2.com that I won a U2.com subscription because I am the runner up in the radio contest that I entered on dave.fm. YAY!!!!!!! That is winner in my books! I never win these contests!

Awesome!

But besides that have you looked at these rules the Georgia Dome set up?
No fireworks or scooters?! Well there goes all my fun!

But seriously. You guys said not to line up before 12 and now some of you are lining up before the line even opens!! I want to be as close as possible. When do you think I should get there? I wouldn't be so worried if I weren't so short!

Driving in from Tuscaloosa, AL on Monday!

We're staying at the Hilton (Hilton Garden something?) downtown.

That's walking distance from the Dome, yes? It looked like it might be. I really would like to walk to and from.

The dodgy area makes me nervous though. :(

I was in line at 4:00 AM on the last tour - it was long and exhausting but we got on the rail. I definitely don't want to do that again though if there are criminals lurking.

How can I identify myself and recognize other Interferencers?

See y'all Tuesday!! :D

:applaud::applaud::applaud: I just received notification from U2.com that I won a U2.com subscription because I am the runner up in the radio contest that I entered on dave.fm. YAY!!!!!!! That is winner in my books! I never win these contests!

Yay! for you! :applaud: I was listening to Dave FM yesterday and they were giving away Vip tix to the concert. Call when you heard Bad, I think.

I was planning on showing up at 6am. Who else is going to do that? My memory of last time at Phillips arena, they did try and disperse the line at one and maybe two points and then they started giving out numbers to us. But no one moved. They never forced us to move and we just milled about in the same general area. I figure if there are enough of us in a group, even that early, we will be safe from crackheads.

Me Too!

Driving in from Tuscaloosa, AL on Monday!

I'm in T'town too! I can't go out until Tuesday morning though. I'll be there with my daughters and we will be in Red Cross tshirts (we are all Red Cross workers so that's about the only tshirts we have!) and big ass grins.

I just MapQuested Dayton to Dome

A tad over 8 hours & it is a straight shot down 75 South:wave:

I wonder if Stacey would believe I have buisness in Atlanta for two days:shh:

Just kidding:der:

BTW Congrats MVDress:cabbagepatch:

Man, It still kinda frustrates me that of all the shows on the US leg...this is (i believe) the ONLY one that is in an "indoor" dome. Ever since the honolulu show i only want to be outside for a show....nothing like that.

-michael

My girlfriend and I will be coming from Birmingham, AL. We plan on getting up there about 10:30 or 11. We're gonna go eat lunch and then get in line, hopefully by 1 at the latest. Though I'm considering just getting there right around 10 and getting in line then. We really want to be towards the outer rail in the pit, so I'm not sure how early we should get there.

"Stacey work emailed me they are asking me to go to Atlanta on Monday to check all the natural gas lines near The Atlanta Dome on Tuesday then drive back home Wednesday mornin..."

:madwife::blahblah:

lolololololol try and hope she dont find out, but you should know us womenfolks, we can smell a rat, so if you fib we Will find out,:wink:

I was just reading the GA line rules again and it says "Breaking in line will result in your removal from the line" does that mean that I can't hold a spot for my friend? I'm assuming it doesn't but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

And OMG I'm so excited!! I'm sort of worried too. I've never done GA line before.

I was just reading the GA line rules again and it says "Breaking in line will result in your removal from the line" does that mean that I can't hold a spot for my friend? I'm assuming it doesn't but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

And OMG I'm so excited!! I'm sort of worried too. I've never done GA line before.

I'd not attempt to "hold a spot for a friend" for a long time. from past experience, people who wait in line all day and then have a friend show up an hour or 2 before they let everyone in are frowned upon very much. You may have some arguments with some people if you try it.

just giving you a heads up. I'd make every effort for BOTH of you to be in line at the same time. (obviously you can leave to go to the bathroom/food/put stuff back in your car etc...)

-michael
nashville, TN

Come on down Seth!

Believe me I really wish I could although @ 40y/o the nine hour drive today from Raleigh to Dayton was long:ohmy:

It would have been nice to stay in a hotel today & drive back tomorrow morning... I originally thought about just driving home last night when it was over but on the way to Virginia on Thursday two different times we saw Deer dart across the highway about 50 yards up from our car & plus Stacey said "Only way you can go to Raleigh is if after the show you sleep in a hotel then drive home restful Sunday morning BOY!!!!":madwife::der:

PaPa Miss MaMa:shh:

Just a thought

All four shows I have been to the last three weeks people have shown up at or a tad AFTER 6p.m. & were able to easily get into the inner circle/pit area my wife & I included for Chicago Uno why go through that all day long if you really do not have to unless you are the kind of person who has to be inner circle/pit FRONT ROW which believe me I fully understand:up::up:

Has anyone else seen this?
U2 concert in Atlanta

Since when are cameras not allowed at the Dome? At the Green Day concert at the Gwinnett Center cameras weren't allowed and they did turn people away at the door to put them up and did fuss (at me :reject:) during the concert for having one.

cameras

it'll get worked out once everyone's there.

i've been to many of the shows where they SAY that, but then they always end up saying they just can't be "professional" haha

-michael

I really don't want to upset anyone but I had my heart set on getting as close to the stage as possible. I completely understand if people get angry so I'll just try and talk my friend into getting there earlier. It's just so frustrating because I've been looking forward to this for so long and I always assumed the line up would go smoothly. Ah well. Hopefully everything will work itself out.

Oh. And what time should we expect to be allowed to enter?

I really don't want to upset anyone but I had my heart set on getting as close to the stage as possible. I completely understand if people get angry so I'll just try and talk my friend into getting there earlier. It's just so frustrating because I've been looking forward to this for so long and I always assumed the line up would go smoothly. Ah well. Hopefully everything will work itself out.

Oh. And what time should we expect to be allowed to enter?

I would see how the line shapes up. I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate a lot of people lining up really early, especially if it might be raining. My friend and I waited from 4 am last time at Philips Arena, and while it was worth it in the end, I think this time I'm going to go a little later. Certainly after sunrise. ;)

The best thing you can do is make good friends with the people in line around you. After standing for hours and hours we had a little group of strangers who were looking after each other, taking turns for breaks, etc. Odds are if you are polite and courteous and it's only one person you're expecting, your line-neighbors won't mind.

My friend and I will be there - I'll be in a white shirt with a sparkly trim. We'll be in red chairs I think.

Only a little while longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom