Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goat, I was not joking. I am always willing to help out fellow fans. So, if you need a place to store your bike, just let me know. I can give you my number ahead of time so you can contact me. Yes, that parking lot is my favorite. It is the cheapest of lots and the lot with best access for entering and exiting and it is always empty. I suggest everyone who is driving to the concert to park there.

just talked to the georgia dome...

as of Tuesday (09-29-009)...i just called the Georgia Dome.

They said they'd have by 5 o'clock today a time posted for when they will allow a line up to begin for the GA ticket holders.

He said though for sure it the line will be in the WEST PLAZA.

I'm looking on the map and from what i can tell its an area between the dome and the C building of the congress center.

-michael mitchell
nashville, TN

I guess there are no unofficial meet ups for this concert? :angry: Blame the week night show, it is Atlanta and we have a weak fan base. Oh well, I guess we should have a tail gate party in the GA line.

Brian, you are bringing the keg and bbq right?
Kelly & I have seats for this show, but I'd love to hang with the Atlanta GA crowd for a while. :D We'll probably make our way to the Dome around 3pm or so. Who else plans on being there by then?

Kelly & I have seats for this show, but I'd love to hang with the Atlanta GA crowd for a while. :D We'll probably make our way to the Dome around 3pm or so. Who else plans on being there by then?

By the looks of it, there may just be 30 of us in the GA line. :lol:

I honestly hope there will be a good amount of people showing up for the concert.

hey if there arent but 30 people in GA:) at least we wont have a problem with overcrowding:D,plenty of room to see U2 up really close:up:

Does anyone know when the claw is going to start going up? Or is it here already? :hmm:

Since we know the Charlottesville & Raleigh stages are going up already, that leads me to guess that the DC stage will head to ATL after tonight's show & set up will start on Saturday. But it's not like I've got inside information... :shifty: :laugh:

hey if there arent but 30 people in GA:) at least we wont have a problem with overcrowding:D,plenty of room to see U2 up really close:up:

Yeah, that'll be cool, I'm a bit of a BANGORAY!! type of concert-goer, I need a bit of elbow room. Hey, you know, a mosh pit is a mosh pit is a mosh pit... Hee hee... };)~

Thank you Miss Velvet Dress, it looks from here that that's the way I'm going to go now... I'll PM you my contact info here in a sec...

goat

Since we know the Charlottesville & Raleigh stages are going up already, that leads me to guess that the DC stage will head to ATL after tonight's show & set up will start on Saturday. But it's not like I've got inside information... :shifty: :laugh:

I knew I was forgetting where one of the claws was! :reject: Concert is only a week away and I can't think straight. Gonna be a long week! :hyper:

I'll be there with 3 friends who are U2 virgins. Is anyone hanging out after the show for autographs? Have the guys been coming out and signing like they used too. I just usually lurk from time to time, but haven't seen anything about this. I'd love to get my Best Of U2 Helmut that I won in one of their prize give aways years ago signed this time around.

The Georgia Dome's policy is finally up. U2 360? Tour

They are saying the line "opens" at 10:00am. No overnight camping.

I'm curious if they are just going to flat out turn away people who show up earlier than 10:00am

-michael
nashville, TN

The Georgia Dome's policy is finally up. U2 360� Tour

They are saying the line "opens" at 10:00am. No overnight camping.

I'm curious if they are just going to flat out turn away people who show up earlier than 10:00am

-michael
nashville, TN

Just thought that I would note that in the GA Dome's policy for this show, the red parking lot isn't even listed as available to the public.... just orange, yellow and green.

I know they always say no cameras, etc... has there been any problems at the GA Dome with people taking cameras in for other shows? (I haven't been to the Dome for a concert - ever.)

goat

email from georgia dome

Here is an email from me to the georgia dome, and their response

Good morning...

i just saw on the Georgia Dome's website for the U2 show that the
"general admission" line will "open at 10:00am"

With the understanding that there is no camping "overnight" allowed
obviously....I know for fact there are going to be many, many fans
showing up earlier than 10.....closer to 5-7 am.

Would you be able to tell me if I should expect to be strictly turned
away from the west plaza showing up earlier than 10:00am??

Or is it more that the dome is just not going to start issuing wrist
bands before 10:00.

thank you so much :)

You will certainly not be allowed to camp out overnight. I doubt anyone
will run you off but I would not consider showing up before 8 or so.

:hmm: thanks for the info Michael:), i had heard that the area around the georgia dome isnt the safest area either, maybe thats why they are saying no camping out, but i bet someone will try it anyways:)

georgia dome...again

i just got another email from georgia dome from someone else that said....

"You will NOT be allowed to line up before 10:00am"

so.....we'll see what happens.

-michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom