Atlanta - Georgia Dome 06 Oct 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a nice hotel and is part of the Holiday Inn chain. I stayed at one this past weekend in Florida. They are much nicer than your normal Holiday Inn's. Slick and fancy. Good choice.

It looks pretty nice - I found it on Expedia. What did we ever do before the internet?!?! Just randomly drive into town and take your chances?

Getting very, very excited. This is currently my only show this tour. After doing several on the each leg of the last two tours I'll have to soak up as much as I can in one night!

just a warning YA'LL (yes I said that) the area by the Ga Dome is very rough. I would not advise camping out. I think they found a body there about 3 weeks ago near the dome. My recommendations is to get there as close to 6am as you can. Iris is buying chick fil a biscuits for everyone in line (right Iris?)

I will be arriving at 2 pm. Staying near midtown. I think you won't have to worry about a long que. Last tour, I arrive at the same time and there wasn't much of a line at all (but there was a lottery). My wife should arrive around 4 pm. We pretty much are morning people so any after party is out of the question. I can't wait.

So 6am if I want to be really close? Will do. I can't decide if I want to get a hotel for the night before or if I should wake up at four am to drive. I want the hotel but I'm broke plus I have to get a hotel for the night of the show because I'm seeing another show in Atl the next day. This is my favorite problem I've ever had.

Ps. I don't know how to edit posts...
But this is my first time doing a all day line-up before a show and I'm real excited. I'll probably feel different ten hours into it but so worth it anyway! But what do you suggest I bring to keep myself entertained- I'm thinking small book, iPod, and maybe a DS. I don't want too much incase my friend somehow can't get them back to my car and I have to keep them in the small shoulder purse I'm bringing. But you guys have any other suggestions?

This would be so much easier if my friend didn't have to go to class all day. I'll be all alone for a long time!

So 6am if I want to be really close? Will do. I can't decide if I want to get a hotel for the night before or if I should wake up at four am to drive. I want the hotel but I'm broke plus I have to get a hotel for the night of the show because I'm seeing another show in Atl the next day. This is my favorite problem I've ever had.

Change that a.m. to p.m. :ohmy:

Walked into GA/FLOOR on 9/12 @ 6p.m. was inside pit six rows back Adam's Side unless you need to be front row they were very close to us:up:

Suggestion if you are low on dinero save the hotel for AFTER the show & REST your heels all day 10/6

Side note: My wife called me from work last night & said a local radio station is having some kind of thing where they are giving away plane/hotel/tickets to this show 10/6 Atlanta

Google Mixx 107.7 Dayton Ohio ya never know:wave:

If I did not fear plowing into the earth from 40,000 feet up in the air I would do it:reject:40 second nose dive is a mighty long time

But what do you suggest I bring to keep myself entertained....you guys have any other suggestions?

I'll be all alone for a long time!

Have you considered Fozzie The Bear & Kermit The Frog:ohmy:

Now hear me out serious....

1. You would have two people to talk to:up:

2. Ask yourself this "Have I ever seen anyone else talking to two Muppets in a GA Line?"

:der:

Ok in all seriousness I have never as of yet did the all day GA thing

12/10/05 Cleveland Ohio I waltz in GA around 6p.m. & was in a lovely spot back by the soundboard w/ alot of room to move around freely & met a nice guy & we yapped like two women in a Hair joint:shh:

9/12/09 well you know that story already:blahblah:

This would be so much easier if my friend didn't have to go to class all day. I'll be all alone for a long time!

:ohsnap:

I just read your post again now personally I would not care in the least if you waited in line all day & then your friend showed up much later b/c of class but there are some HARDCORES:shh: who might put you both in front of a firing squad when your friend arrives after they have been in line all day like yourself

:corn:

Alright. So 6am is def not necessary? That's good but I'll still def be there by 12 at the latest. I really want to be close & I have no previous experience to base this on. I'm 19 so this is the first year I've started going to concerts at all.

Muppets? I actually have those lying about 10 feet away from me right now... and that's not weird at all... but I think I'll leave them at home. Probably just stick to the paperbacks.

As for my friend I'm going to try to convince her to skip class. I'm taking my midterm early for this! The least she could do is skip! But if she can't I'll just warn my fellow liners early and hopefully they won't murder me when she comes!

I still have almost three weeks to decide when to arrive. It can't really hurt to get their at 8 or 9am but if it's not necessary I probably would rather get some sleep. I'm kind of worried about being too far back since I'm barely 5' 2". I've tried heels at shows and nearly killed myself (I only wear sneakers so trying heels first time at a concert was a bad idea)

I will be there around noon. I will have a second shift coming down around 4 or so (maybe earlier) I am bringing chairs etc they can take back to the car.. Should be a fun show

If I did not fear plowing into the earth from 40,000 feet up in the air I would do it:reject:40 second nose dive is a mighty long time

:angry::crack:

Brian, I will PM you my phone number that way I can text you when I get there. I am working half a day, will come home for lunch then head down to the dome. I am leaving for vacation the following day, so I need to make sure I have everything at work wrapped up and my backup is up to speed on what to take care of for me while I am out.

I wish I could come hang out in line with everyone, but I have seats and the whole family is going. I would not expect the GA line to be that bad, seeing as this show is one of the least talked about here on the forum. Maybe there just aren't a lot of southerners on Interference. The Raleigh show seems a lot more popular for out-of-towners to be going to. Don't know if that is because of the U2 conference or not. Can't wait till Oct. 6th!:hyper::hyper:

We southerners are definitely the minority region on this site and for the longest time, I thought I was the only one on here from Georgia. I think Raleigh is easier because it is a Sat. night show and it is outdoors. The sound inside the dome is not that great. I would much rather see them in an outside venue but I will not miss them on my home turf.

As for my friend I'm going to try to convince her to skip class. I'm taking my midterm early for this! The least she could do is skip! But if she can't I'll just warn my fellow liners early and hopefully they won't murder me when she comes!

I asked all the people around me when I had to coordinate with my cousins and work schedules in past GA lines and everyone was always very cool. I think it comes down to expectations and manners. It matters if you are holding a line for a dozen people and they just show up as the lines moves or if you are waiting on a friend who is coming as soon as they can.

I did GA all by myself several times on the last two tours and I can tell you - you are never alone for long. U2 fans are like one big extended family. :happy:

I am not hanging about all day in line this time. I decided that I needed a seat and this is the only show I am doing, unlike past tours where I did several on each leg. So this will be weird to be back above the throng watching again. I recall those first U2 concerts in the early 80's where I was practically just inside the building and was thrilled to just be there. I promised myself I would one day be pressed against the stage at their feet . . . and I got there. :wave: Now I think I will be happy to just be in the building again.

Hi all! I was planning to be there with 2 friends at 6am. I want to be as close as possible this time. Last time, I arrived at 10am, and yes I was 3 rows from the outside of the heart, but this time, I want to be right in their faces if possible.

Has anyone called Georgia Dome to find out where to line up or if they are allowing lines (last year, Phillips arena tried to clear the line out, which was frustrating)? Has anyone attended another concert and tried lining up earlier? If so, what were the results?

Hi all! I was planning to be there with 2 friends at 6am. I want to be as close as possible this time. Last time, I arrived at 10am, and yes I was 3 rows from the outside of the heart, but this time, I want to be right in their faces if possible.

Has anyone called Georgia Dome to find out where to line up or if they are allowing lines (last year, Phillips arena tried to clear the line out, which was frustrating)? Has anyone attended another concert and tried lining up earlier? If so, what were the results?

Don't waste your day. I was 2nd row in front of Adam in boston after walking in right at 6:30. The stadium floor is huge compared to phillips arena on the last tour. They are letting around 3k in the ellipse, and there is not need to line up all day.

I knew of a friend of a friend that lined up at 6am for boston, and i was about 15 feet from him. there really is no need to spend all day in line.

Don't waste your day. I was 2nd row in front of Adam in boston after walking in right at 6:30. The stadium floor is huge compared to phillips arena on the last tour. They are letting around 3k in the ellipse, and there is not need to line up all day.

I knew of a friend of a friend that lined up at 6am for boston, and i was about 15 feet from him. there really is no need to spend all day in line.

I agree which is why I am not planning on getting there until mid afternoon (I do not want to sit in rush hour traffic & concert traffic).

He is right:up:

6p.m. GA/FLOOR for ChiCLAWgo Uno:drool: six rows back Adam's side inner circle

I wonder how far I am from this Dome place:ohmy:

Two coming in from Indy and we will be in the RedZone.

We were hoping to stroll into downtown from HOME by October, but the housing market kinda sucks. So, one of us will fly in, and we will both come in from the airport.

How are they allowing people in the inner circle? Is it first come first serve? Is it a lottery? I really would like to be front and center in front of U2, would 6am get me close to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom