April 9th, 10th & 13th 2011 - Estadio Morumbi - Sao Paulo BRAZIL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estadio Morumbi

Estádio do Morumbi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

estadio-do-morumbi.jpg

249627.jpg

SantosSaoCaetano2007.jpg

April 10 2011 - Estadio Morumbi - Sao Paulo BRAZIL

Second date added.

What's the plan for us GAers?

Should we leave SP1 early to get a good spot in line for SP2?

Or, should we stay until the end of SP1 and not worry about the queue for SP2, because
there will already be thousands of fans in line by the time we get out? :hmm:

Nice!

And get to the back of the queue. I'm gonna leave during Stingray Guitar.

:lmao:

I so wish I could go to Brazil. Though I definately don't envy S.A. GA queues. :yikes: The above posts are hilarious. As long as you're in first 2000 or so you will still get in the pit. :wink: You could skip SP 1 and just listen outside the stadium while being no 1 in line. :lol:

Seriously though, so happy for the S.A. that have been waiting these announcements. :D :up: Its an AMAZING show. :heart:

I don't think lack of posting indicates popularity...just that these are shows in a non-English speaking country and this is an English-speaking forum...

True true. I get nervous when they add third shows. I hate seeing them play to empty seats

If they think there's a chance of a 3rd show they hold back thousands of tix(including good ones) for the earlier nights.

It's happened for U2 years ago that they had one night at 60,000 and the next at 25,000. Better to have all shows as balanced as possible.

I think once or twice on Popmart they cancelled an added night after sales stalled around 7,000 for a Stadium show. Buyers were offered tix for the other night.

True true. I get nervous when they add third shows. I hate seeing them play to empty seats

Empty seats in Brazil? Don't think so. From what I've heard from friends, there'll probably be thousands of people listening to the concert outside the stadium, people who could not get tickets for the show.
(and from reports it seemed that the 3rd show also sold out in a couple of hours)

Anyway, I'll be there!!! :hyper:
I have a seat the first night (I think upper tier yellow section, which would be behind the stage) and GA the other two. And no, I don't think a seat will be lame for a South-American concert. Not everywhere are people in the seats lame and are sitting down during the concert. Bring it on!
:up:

Well, as a brazilian, I can say for sure that the shows aren't going to be lame, hahahahah xD

We are completely insane for these shows here. There are people who will be in the oustside of the stadium on Abril 6, and the concert will be on April 9. Three days like a "stray dog" to see them.

I can assume that empty seats won't be a problem, hahaha.

Actually, here's a preview of that:

G1 - Leitor fotografa fila para ingresso do show do U2 em São Paulo - notícias em VC no G1

Just to buy tickets in one of the places that were selling it.

I can't wait *_*

Hotels?

What's a good area of town to stay in that's convenient to pubs/restaurants?

Im looking for 3* or so - will be driving to the concert, so not so concerned about public transportation

Thanks

Hard to believe I'll be there too! So excited Jana and Marty talked me into this. Now, I just need to get me a ticket for night 1 (have 2 and 3).

Bump for Brazil

Flying down Tuesday night from Charlotte to Rio then connecting down to Sao Paulo.

Anything going on Friday?

I will go to all shows in São Paulo!

I will leave Porto Alegre, in the south of Brazil to São Paulo (+ or - 1600 kilometers in the bus!) to carry through my dream of infancy!

im very very very excited!

see Where The Streets, City, One, Ultraviolet, live, in my front, it will be incredible! :applaud:

i hope for more surprises in the setlist!

please, Unforgettable Fire return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom