2ND LEG US Tour Dates Leaked - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 02:01 PM
2ND LEG US Tour Dates Leaked

These cities were temporarily posted on billboard.com
I was writing the cities and stadium names down but then they disappeared before I could get the exact dates and European dates. Not sure what to make of this.

Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Washington, D.C. - Fed Ex Field
East Rutherford, NJ -Giants Stadium
Boston, MA - Gillete Stadium
Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Montreal, QC - Olympic Stadium
Detroit, MI - Ford Field
Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
Miami, FL - Dolphin Stadium
Houston, TX - Reliant Stadium
Dallas, TX - Venue T.B.A.
Denver, CO - Mile High Stadium
Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium
San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium
Los Angeles, CA - Venue T.B.A.
Oakland, CA - Oakland Coliseum
Seattle, WA - Q West Field
Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:01 AM
uh.....where are the dates?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
Refugee

any dates, to go with them?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:01 AM
lol
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Dates?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 08:01 AM
Where are the dates....your post referenced the dates are leaked and these aren't even in the correct order. The Billboard article references the US leg will open at Soldier Field and it is listed 5th...

AARRGGHHH!....I can't wait until Monday

Bean
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta View Post
Oakland, CA - Oakland Coliseum
Seriously? Not Oakland stadium??? YES!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium
Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Detroit, MI - Ford Field
Yes, dates would be nice. I have a wedding to plan and all.

Quote:
Montreal, QC - Olympic Stadium
See?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
War Child

I think that list is bogus. The North America tour is supposed to start in Chicago, right?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Well damn I got all excited for a sec.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
The Fly

June 30th Barcelona, Spain - Tour opens in Europe

Field level is going to be $55, and there will be 10,000 tickets a show, every show, at $30, Fogel says. The price points are $250, $90-$95, depending on the market; $55 and $30.

U2 will stay in Europe through Aug. 22, then hit American shores on Sept. 12 with a show at Soldier Field in Chicago. The band will play in North America until Oct. 28

The basic layout of the tour is Europe in July and August, America in September and October with a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June and July next year, then August and September in Europe. The trek then tentatively will hit South America in the fall of 2010, for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years.

U2 will also resurrect its random upgrade program first seen on the Elevation tour in 2001, where select fans purchasing GA tickets will be moved closest to the stage.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Is there dates for the rest of the cities?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
These cities were temporarily posted on billboard.com

I was writing the cities and stadium names down but then they disappeared before I could get the exact dates
You wrote all of that stuff down but didn't snag the dates? That seems odd.

Pardon me for being skeptical, I don't mean to be insulting, but it wouldn't be the first time somebody has done such a thing. We like to make sure we aren't being toyed with! Personally, I need to see something more official before I'll start to get excited.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, and you're being honest. Won't I look silly then?

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
The Fly

Rasta,

If what you posted is real than you just made my whole day. If the Tampa confirmation is legit than you are now the king of all kings. Is it Monday!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Seriously? Not Oakland stadium??? YES!!!!!
Yah it probably will be Oakland Staduim.Cool I hope they do 2 back to back nights!The beautiful fall nights under the stars,U2 spaceships,oh if they play Lemon and Discotheque this will be one of the best nights of my life.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
The Fly

check out billboard.com
Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
check out billboard.com
I went there, but I don't see the list of cities you posted. Do you have a direct link?

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
New Yorker

Exclusive: U2 To 'Kiss The Future' On Global Stadium Tour
U2 reveal "Kiss The Future" tour details.

March 06, 2009 09:00 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
Kiss The Future, U2's world tour in support of its new album "No Line on the Horizon," will play stadiums around the world, beginning June 30 in Barcelona, Billboard can exclusively reveal. Details of the tour will be announced March 9.

It’s a groundbreaking tour with production that includes a 360-degree audience configuration, ambitious staging and a cylindrical video screen. “We’re very excited about the idea to go on the road with this album,” the Edge says. “It’s an album that I think is going to translate so well to the live context. The songs we’ve tried in rehearsal are sounding fantastic, so that’s got everyone really fired up.”

U2 will be playing in a setting unique among all previous tours, by any artist. The tour will be global and lengthy. U2 will stay in Europe through Aug. 22, then hit American shores on Sept. 12 with a show at Soldier Field in Chicago. The band will play in North America until Oct. 28 and plans on working the globe until the fall of 2010. In addition to its production firsts, the tour is destined to become one of the highest-grossing tours ever; at $389 million, the band’s 2005-2007 Vertigo tour is second only to the Rolling Stones’ A Bigger Bang trek.

After playing arenas in North America and stadiums elsewhere on their last few tours, U2 will play stadiums everywhere this time out. “This is going to be completely different, and that’s what makes it exciting -- finding something new to bring to the touring culture,” says the Edge. “It’s hard to come up with something that’s fundamentally different, but we have, I think, on this tour. Where we’re taking our production will never have been seen before by anybody, and that’s an amazing thing to be able to say. For a band like U2 that really thrive on breaking new ground, it’s a real thrill.”

As they have for well over a decade, Live Nation global music chairman Arthur Fogel and his team will produce and promote U2 worldwide. Committing to a global stadium tour is “obviously a major undertaking on a bunch of different levels,” says Fogel. “On the last tour it basically broke down indoors in America and stadiums outside of America. Both shows were pretty different and they were both incredible, but I think the general feeling, and certainly mine, was the experience of U2 in a stadium is special and unique, and it would be great for North America to experience that the way the rest of the world did the last time around.”

Playing in a 360 configuration will increase the capacity by about 15%-20%, depending on the stadium. The configuration opens up myriad opportunities for scaling ticket prices, an important consideration for Fogel and the band. The top ticket price will be slightly higher than last time and the bottom price will be lower, with the floor seats -- the closest to the stage -- the lowest priced. In fact, playing larger capacity venues allows for more conservative pricing overall. Field level is going to be $55, and there will be 10,000 tickets a show, every show, at $30, Fogel says. The price points are $250, $90-$95, depending on the market; $55 and $30.

On-sales will begin in Europe in mid-March, and North American on-sales will start in late March/early April. U2 will also resurrect its random upgrade program first seen on the Elevation tour in 2001, where select fans purchasing GA tickets will be moved closest to the stage.

The basic layout of the tour is Europe in July and August, America in September and October with a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June and July next year, then August and September in Europe. The trek then tentatively will hit South America in the fall of 2010, for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years.

This will be the first tour under U2’s 12-year multi-rights deal with Live Nation, though the band’s relationship with Fogel dates back to a show at the El Mocambo in Toronto in 1979. “Arthur and I are great friends and I’ve been very interested in the Live Nation project for years now, and we’ve been very supportive of it,” says U2 manager Paul McGuinness. “We obviously intend to go on performing for a long time to come and that’s what the deal reflects. U2 always had parallel careers as recording artists and a touring act and it was always fundamental to our way of thinking that the two should be complimentary.”
Old 03-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:01 AM
L.A. venue - TBA. They can play in my backyard