2ND LEG US Tour Dates Leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These cities were temporarily posted on billboard.com
I was writing the cities and stadium names down but then they disappeared before I could get the exact dates and European dates. Not sure what to make of this.

Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Washington, D.C. - Fed Ex Field
East Rutherford, NJ -Giants Stadium
Boston, MA - Gillete Stadium
Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Montreal, QC - Olympic Stadium
Detroit, MI - Ford Field
Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
Miami, FL - Dolphin Stadium
Houston, TX - Reliant Stadium
Dallas, TX - Venue T.B.A.
Denver, CO - Mile High Stadium
Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium
San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium
Los Angeles, CA - Venue T.B.A.
Oakland, CA - Oakland Coliseum
Seattle, WA - Q West Field
Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Those are real. Billboard did have them up for a few seconds when they first posted the tour news yesterday, they were taken down right away.

I am really surprised they will be playing in NFL Football stadiums in September and October as that is the start of the National Football League season in the US and teams can't be too happy with these huge concerts going on wrecking their new grass. Usually productions like this occur after the football season. I guess that is why U2 are coming back to the US in June and July next year. I would expect additional shows to be announced in smaller markets such as Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Carolina and Kansas City and possibly Calgary or Edmonton.

I am really surprised they will be playing in NFL Football stadiums in September and October as that is the start of the National Football League season in the US and teams can't be too happy with these huge concerts going on wrecking their new grass. Usually productions like this occur after the football season. I guess that is why U2 are coming back to the US in June and July next year.

Well what other stadiums would they play? Paul already said no baseball because it doesn't work for the 360.

not much in the midwest

not much surprise either
most midwest cities are on the last leg and the last few stops of the entire tour for many groups

which is way I'm seeing coldplay about 1.5 years after their album came out.

at riverport:down:

i saw the Packers/Dallas game at Lambeau towards the end of last September and i was comfortable in shorts and flip flops.

In Boston area, shorts and flip flops work fine for me until the end of September.

Should be ok, they did Foxboro on JT, just after Bono broke his arm in DC.

The dates are out there, although some of the cities are missing. And one or two added.

It's unclear to me if the band are doing back to back nights.

According to u2log:

9/12 Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
9/16 Toronto Rogers(skydome)
9/20 Boston, MA - Gillete Stadium
9/24 NJ - Giants
9/29 DC - Fedex
10/1 Charlottesville - Scott Stadium
10/3 Raleigh - Stadium
10/6 Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
10/9 Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
10/12 Dallas, TX - new cowboys stadium
10/14 Houston - Raliant
10/19 oklahoma - Norman
10/20 Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
10/23 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium
10/25 Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl
10/28 Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Charlotte & Raleigh(?!?!?!), but no Phili/Oakland/Seattle/Denver/Montreal/Detroit/Pitts/Miami(some should be 100% but others only if nearby cities have demand)

jam canoe officially announced both shows in canada with ticket prices and opening acts. Black Eye Peas in vancouver LOL!!!

According to u2log:

Charlotte & Raleigh(?!?!?!), but no Phili/Oakland/Seattle/Denver/Montreal/Detroit/Pitts/Miami(some should be 100% but others only if nearby cities have demand)

It's Charlottesville, VA, not Charlotte, NC.

According to u2log:

9/12 Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
9/16 Toronto Rogers(skydome)
9/20 Boston, MA - Gillete Stadium
9/24 NJ - Giants
9/29 DC - Fedex
10/3 Raleigh - Stadium
10/6 Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
10/9 Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
10/12 Dallas, TX - new cowboys stadium
10/14 Houston - Raliant
10/19 oklahoma - Norman
10/20 Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
10/23 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium
10/25 Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl
10/28 Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

jam canoe officially announced both shows in canada with ticket prices and opening acts. Black Eye Peas in vancouver LOL!!!

The relative lack of weekend shows (i.e.Saturday nights) is astonishing - will make travel harder for out of town fans.

The relative lack of weekend shows (i.e.Saturday nights) is astonishing - will make travel harder for out of town fans.

Based on some of these dates and cities, I really think getting access to stadiums in the fall was more difficult than they thought. I think come next summer all of the skipped cities and weekend dates will appear.

Based on some of these dates and cities, I really think getting access to stadiums in the fall was more difficult than they thought. I think come next summer all of the skipped cities and weekend dates will appear.

Lot's of places to add shows.

Not sure if they are doing back to back shows this tour or regularly having a day off between almost every show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom