2011 Rescheduled North American Tour Dates Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May 21- Denver
May 24- Salt Lake City

- St. Louis? Winnipeg? Mexico City? Anybody's guess.

June 1- Edmonton
June 4- Seattle
June 7- Oakland

- 2nd Oakland show. Mexico City? Bonnaroo would be in this timeframe also.

June 17- Anaheim
June 18- Anaheim

- Glastonbury on June 24th. If not, who the hell knows what goes here?

June 26- East Lansing
June 29- Miami

I'm thinking something will happen on July 2. Ohio perhaps?

July 5- Chicago
July 8- Montreal
July 9- Montreal
July 11- Toronto
July 14- Philadelphia

- Either another show in Philly or New York, and possibly something Northeastern like Boston or Hartford.

July 20- New York
July 23- Minneapolis

All I can say is the 360 tour has had some of the most illogical tour scheduling I can think of.

May 21- Denver
May 24- Salt Lake City

June 1- Edmonton
June 4- Seattle
June 7- Oakland

June 17- Anaheim
June 18- Anaheim

June 26- East Lansing
June 29- Miami

July 5- Chicago
July 8- Montreal
July 9- Montreal
July 11- Toronto
July 14- Philadelphia

- Either another show in Philly or New York, and possibly something Northeastern like Boston or Hartford.

July 20- New York
July 23- Minneapolis

All I can say is the 360 tour has had some of the most illogical tour scheduling I can think of.

Almost all the venues are block book for u2's production for a full week and all sports teams have to be on a road trip. U2 may have book holes in the schedule to add later or possibly give Bono some breathing room.

Mexico should be done along with the Latin/South American dates.

Boston Fenway could be cool, but would look really weird with the sand "infield" simply being roped off and vacant the whole show.

I think Halifax/Moncton can sell out a show if U2 are will to play to 60-70 in a field for $100 a head GA. This area didn't get any show bigger than Black Eyed Peas/Weezer in 2010, so they'd be hot to trot in 2011.

Is Minneapolis the final 360 show?

So, if Minneapolis is the closer for this Leg, it is also one of the smaller venues of the tour, what do people think the chances are of a second show being added?

May 21- Denver
May 24- Salt Lake City

June 1- Edmonton
June 4- Seattle
June 7- Oakland

June 17- Anaheim
June 18- Anaheim

June 26- East Lansing
June 29- Miami

July 5- Chicago
July 8- Montreal
July 9- Montreal
July 11- Toronto
July 14- Philadelphia

July 20- New York
July 23- Minneapolis

Instead of a second show in Oakland,how about a show on the other side of the bay bridge at San Francisco's AT&T Park?

As for Canada,maybe a show or 2 at Mosaic stadium in Regina? The Stones did it on their last tour.
But Winterpeg is a good choice also.

May 21- Denver
May 24- Salt Lake City
June 1- Edmonton
June 4- Seattle
June 7- Oakland
June 11 - Bonnaroo
June 17- Anaheim
June 18- Anaheim
June 24- Glastonbury
June 26- East Lansing
June 29- Miami
July 5- Chicago
July 8- Montreal
July 9- Montreal
July 11- Toronto
July 14- Philadelphia
July 20- New York
July 23- Minneapolis

Claw 1 - Denver(21), Seattle(4th), Detroit(26th), Montreal(8/9th) New York(20th)
Claw 2 - SLC(24th), Oakland(7th), Anaheim(17/18th), Chicago(5th), Phili(14th)
Claw 3 - Edmonton(1st), Bonnaroo(11th), Miami(29th), Toronto(11), Minne(23)

This makes some sense if Bonnaroo gets the claw and Glastonbury doesn't. What were the 2009 claw patterns?

Instead of a second show in Oakland,how about a show on the other side of the bay bridge at San Francisco's AT&T Park?

As for Canada,maybe a show or 2 at Mosaic stadium in Regina? The Stones did it on their last tour.
But Winterpeg is a good choice also.

Think about how the claws have to leap frog.

They had another Edmonton 360 show ready to go but the demand wasn't there. I think that one show will be it for Prairie Canada. Winnipeg is drivable to Minneapolis.

Why is Bonnaroo included in this? Are there strong rumors about them playing there next summer?

I know - isn't Bonnaroo kind of a ... jam band festival? Do I have that wrong? That's the one in Tennessee, right?

I'm thinking U2 would be a little out of place there.

I think someone suggested it because there was a gap in the U2 schedule where Bonnaroo might fit in?

Sasquatch is another big one, in eastern Washington, although that's more "indie" focused, like Coachella.

If they can do Glasto, they can do Sasquatch or Coachella, I think.

I didn't actually think they'd play there, I was just talking about festivals.

And it's about three hours over the mountains to Seattle. :wink:

Coachella's the beginning of...April or May?

What about Lollapalooza? Idk, it just seems like US festivals aren't the same huge deal that UK ones are.

Coachella's the beginning of...April or May?

What about Lollapalooza? Idk, it just seems like US festivals aren't the same huge deal that UK ones are.

Coachella is mid April and Lolla first weekend of August. Chicago has a 10pm curfew for Lolla, plus both festivals would consider local 360 shows 2011 conflicts.

'Huge'? Please don't take offense, but even if they add your five shows AND a few in Mexico, I doubt they'll reach the 30 shows they did on Leg1 of Popmart (the last time they did a North American stadium tour) - though they might surpass the 21 NA shows from last year.

And don't get me started on the FORTY-SIX shows on the Outdoor Broadcast leg of ZooTV. :shocked:

Let's say if they did add 5 shows we're looking at 1.2 million people at least, then mexico add at least another 2-3 hundred thousand. add this to the 1.3 million they played last year in the U.S. and it's 2.5 to 2.8 million just in North America. I think you're forgetting they're average attendance because they are playing in the round is 65,000 per show in the U.S. Popmart and Zoo t.v. did not come close to this. Zoo t.v''s overal number of tickets sold in the U.S. are probably close to 360, but their average attendance per show was around 45,000 and Popmart's around 32,000.

Back
Top Bottom