2011 Rescheduled North American Tour Dates Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Varied Setlists...I'm not talking you know, throwing Desire or Angel Of Harlem in occasionally ..., Cheaper Tickets, Smaller Venues....Weirder Fans....I dunno ;)

Oh, that's right. I forgot you still like Tori's more recent output.

So yeah, then your decision might be harder. :wink:

Oh, that's right. I forgot you still like Tori's more recent output.

So yeah, then your decision might be harder. :wink:

:lol: Yeah I still like it. But Like U2, I'd just go see them live even if the new album was a pile of dog doodo.

Looking at the upside, U2 might be downunder earlier in 2011...so that might make the decision slightly easier...:crack::hmm:

What does suck is US ticketba$tard only lets international people collect tickets via Wil-Call...and the Canadian one will post them out to me, or allow ticketfast for non GA's :doh:

Seattle's on a Saturday! YAY!
Minneapolis is on a Saturday! YAY!
Minneapolis is (so far) the last show of the leg! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! I love going to those shows.

(Seattle is June 4th, which is waaaaaaaaay too early to have predictable concert-ready weather. Boo! :lol: )

the stadium has a roof, it's just GA that will be a problem

Qwest Field doesn't have a roof, but some (many?) of the seats are covered by that overhang. :)

It could be downright chilly on June 4th, though, so even if it's just a little mist, it still could be not the best weather for sitting around outside for hours.

Then again, it could be glorious. We had a beautiful June in 2009, a shitty-ass June in 2010, surely next year will be beautiful again.

I can never remember which usually means "mild winters" and which means "crappy winters followed by apologetically beautiful springs." :lol:

I remember weather people saying "this is a such-and-such" year when we had our mild winter a few months back, but darned if I remember.

Last year we had an awful winter and a beautiful spring. This year was mild winter and crummy spring.

I can never remember that stuff either. I just remember (only because I heard it this week, not years ago) that La Nina means in MN we're supposed to have a colder-than-usual winter. Oh, and I think El Nino means more tropical storms...maybe? Heh.

I like your "apologetic" spring. XD

Ha. Last year spring was all "Oh hey, guys. Sorry about those multiple snow and ice storms that shut down the city for weeks before Christmas. My bad. Here's a gorgeous, early-arriving summer."

Hee! We've been sort of drought-y the past several years, but this spring/summer (especially June) it was so rainy that now everything's jungle-like outside. And this past winter it finally wasn't drought-y either, so we had normal, white winter, not "winter in Mordor" like it'd been several years in a row (everything all brown and dead and no snow covering it).

I was just starting think about the CLAW itinerary.
Do we know from the 2nd Leg that the CLAWs definitely went every third city, or did they ever do a simple leapfrog?

Also, I can't see how they could use the CLAWs at Glasto and Bonaroo--cool, but too much logistical work.

For the 2009 shows it's takes so many days(4-5?) to set up and take down(2-3?) plus travel so every 3rd show made sense as far as we could tell.

Makes as much sense as Vertigo is Japan/Hawaii or Popmart in South Africa or using the indoor ZOO TV staging in Mexico City only Fall 1992 or only using the outdoor Elevation stage in 2 places. Popmart also had tentative dates for places like Shanghai and Cairo that were announced but fell through.

Lady Gaga is getting exclusive staging for her show at Lollapalooza. Just have the stage near the middle of a field during their day, and have the empty claw(no screen/speakers/ground stage) sitting there for 2 off days. Another option is haning other people lights from the claw for other headliners.

Im hoping they add Wisconsin and Ohio.

Ohio date :drool: as I'm most likely going to have to get a refund for my NJ tickets. Already have two out of town weddings and a trip to the beach in North Carolina planned for next summer. Not to mention I'll have a 6 month old baby.

Geez. I dunno what to do. I know they're gonna be downunder next year at some point...but U2 in the US. Somebody help a brother out and let me win tatslotto!

La Nina's coming (er...dunno when/how long it lasts), what does that mean for Seattle?

I'm a meteorology major in college and currently intern with the National Weather Service. La Nina's effects are typically more prominent in the fall and winter months with cooler, wetter conditions during that time period. In short, La Nina shouldn't have much of an impact on the weather in June in Seattle.

Summers, however, are typically much drier in the southwest so wild fires could be of concern next summer in Southern California.

I was trying to remember the other weather thing, the one that's not "La Nina." Is it "El Nino?" Is that right?

I'm a meteorology major in college and currently intern with the National Weather Service. La Nina's effects are typically more prominent in the fall and winter months with cooler, wetter conditions during that time period. In short, La Nina shouldn't have much of an impact on the weather in June in Seattle.

Summers, however, are typically much drier in the southwest so wild fires could be of concern next summer in Southern California.

Great. :| Although recently wildfires have been an issue every year.

Ohio date :drool: as I'm most likely going to have to get a refund for my NJ tickets. Already have two out of town weddings and a trip to the beach in North Carolina planned for next summer. Not to mention I'll have a 6 month old baby.

Don't take a refund for NJ, sell them here to someone who could use them

I am noticing a certain amount of free space in June around the same dates as a certain UK festival :hmm: Although I had thought U2 were ruled out for 2011, this is cause for some doubt.

Back
Top Bottom