2011 Rescheduled North American Tour Dates Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2.com says additional dates and cities to be confirmed. There is a 6 day gap between salt lake city and edmonton, a 9 day gap between oakland and anaheim, a 7 day gap between anaheim and east lansing which will probably be for glastonbury, a 5 day gap between miami and chicago, and a 5 day gap between philly and new york. They could easily fit in 5 more concerts. Just think with Mexico in the works for 2011, the north american trek is going to be huge!

u2.com says additional dates and cities to be confirmed. There is a 6 day gap between salt lake city and edmonton, a 9 day gap between oakland and anaheim, a 7 day gap between anaheim and east lansing which will probably be for glastonbury, a 5 day gap between miami and chicago, and a 5 day gap between philly and new york. They could easily fit in 5 more concerts. Just think with Mexico in the works for 2011, the north american trek is going to be huge!

'Huge'? Please don't take offense, but even if they add your five shows AND a few in Mexico, I doubt they'll reach the 30 shows they did on Leg1 of Popmart (the last time they did a North American stadium tour) - though they might surpass the 21 NA shows from last year.

And don't get me started on the FORTY-SIX shows on the Outdoor Broadcast leg of ZooTV. :shocked:

whilst I would love for you all to bet as many shows as possible (and they would indeed probably want to play additional shows as well) maybe those gaps are also to ensure that our front man stays strong and fit and healthy for the entire tour. . . :shrug: . . . just saying :)

*runs*

I can't get that site the Montreal tix were sold on to work. :angry: I was using u2.com's link.

whilst I would love for you all to bet as many shows as possible (and they would indeed probably want to play additional shows as well) maybe those gaps are also to ensure that our front man stays strong and fit and healthy for the entire tour. . . :shrug: . . . just saying :)

*runs*

No running, I agree :)

May 21 Denver, CO Invesco Field
May 24 Salt Lake City, UT Rice Eccles Stadium
June 01 Edmonton, AB Commonwealth Stadium
June 04 Seattle, WA Qwest Field
June 07 Oakland, CA McAfee Coliseum
----------------------------------
June 17 Anaheim, CA Angels Stadium
June 18 Anaheim, CA Angels Stadium
June 26 East Lansing, MI Spartan Stadium at MSU
June 29 Miami, FL *Sun Life Stadium
July 05 Chicago, IL Soldier Field
July 08 Montreal, QC Hippodrome
July 09 Montreal, QC Hippodrome
July 11 Toronto, ON Rogers Centre
July 14 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field
July 20 East Rutherford, NJ New Meadowlands Stadium
July 23 Minneapolis, MN TCF Bank Stadium

If the stages overlap evenly with this schedule. Claw 2&3 have some very weird routing.

Claw 1 - Denver, Seattle, Detroit, Montreal, NJ
Claw 2 - SLC, Oakland, Miami, Toronto, Minneapolis
Claw 3 - Edmonton, Anaheim, Chicago, Phili

The above schedule has some room for Glastonbury(with claw) and Bonnaroo(with claw). There are other holes for added shows, but not many markets overlooked. Chicago on July 4th may be tempting, and I still think U2's debut in Atlantic Canada could do 70,000 if U2 do are willing to do an all GA show outdoors - tacked on after Phili or Minne.

If they do Bonnaroo and Glasto with claws my guess:

Claw 1 Denver(21st), Seattle(4th), Glasto(24th) Montreal(8/9th) New Jersey(20th)
Claw 2 SLC(24th), Oakland(7th), Anaheim(17/18th), Chicago(5th), Toronto(11th), Minne(23th)
Claw 3 Edmonton(1st), Bonnaroo(probably 10-11-12th weekend), Miami(29th), Phili(14th)

Toronto/Chicago could be real tight.

If the stages overlap evenly with this schedule. Claw 2&3 have some very weird routing.

Claw 1 - Denver, Seattle, Detroit, Montreal, NJ
Claw 2 - SLC, Oakland, Miami, Toronto, Minneapolis
Claw 3 - Edmonton, Anaheim, Chicago, Phili

The above schedule has some room for Glastonbury(with claw) and Bonnaroo(with claw). There are other holes for added shows, but not many markets overlooked. Chicago on July 4th may be tempting, and I still think U2's debut in Atlantic Canada could do 70,000 if U2 do are willing to do an all GA show outdoors - tacked on after Phili or Minne.

If they do Bonnaroo and Glasto with claws my guess:

Claw 1 Denver(21st), Seattle(4th), Glasto(24th) Montreal(8/9th) New Jersey(20th)
Claw 2 SLC(24th), Oakland(7th), Anaheim(17/18th), Chicago(5th), Toronto(11th), Minne(23th)
Claw 3 Edmonton(1st), Bonnaroo(probably 10-11-12th weekend), Miami(29th), Phili(14th)

Toronto/Chicago could be real tight.

I was just starting think about the CLAW itinerary.
Do we know from the 2nd Leg that the CLAWs definitely went every third city, or did they ever do a simple leapfrog?

Also, I can't see how they could use the CLAWs at Glasto and Bonaroo--cool, but too much logistical work.

No way Glasto would be with claw...everybody main stage would have to use that set up (same with Bonnaroo), plus flying that baby across and back would be very expensive...

Im hoping they add Wisconsin and Ohio.

I second that motion!! I think there will be more U2 fans travelling to the Michigan show than Michiganders there!! Plus Ohio is more centrally located to Eastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee for those fans to come!

Seattle's on a Saturday! YAY!
Minneapolis is on a Saturday! YAY!
Minneapolis is (so far) the last show of the leg! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! I love going to those shows.

(Seattle is June 4th, which is waaaaaaaaay too early to have predictable concert-ready weather. Boo! :lol: )

I prefer the weekend gigs. :hmm:

I prefer mid-week, as the GA lines aren't usually so crazy. most of my west coast shows are fri-sun, except slc & oak :angry:

now we just need some new west coast shows between may 24-june 1, & june 7-june 17.

finally, if they can just announce some aussie dates for march-april '11, think i'll die & go to heaven.

Back
Top Bottom