2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So when we left off, we were discussing the prospect of dates in Arnhem on Sept 10/11, and what this meant for Zurich. Also, dates for South America and Mexico had all but been officially announced for April/May. Much speculation was taking place over the empty spots in the NA schedule.

GO!

[Rumour] Gelredome Arnhem, Netherlands - 10 & 11 September 2010

Please list this under rumour section...

The Dutch U2 Fanclub sent out an email to some members yesterday stating that U2 would play the Gelredome in Arnhem on 10 and 11 September. This is the same stadium they visited during Elevation 2001. It has a roof like the Amsterdam ArenA, but is somewhat smaller. Nothing for certain until a U2.com/LiveNation confirmation of course, but the dates would fit.

geachte fans

we kunnen jullie vertellen dat U2 wel naar Nederland komt en wel op 10 en 11 september 2010 in Arnhem Gelredome.

U2 fanclub.nl

Hey U2forBoys,

I would list this in a 'very vague rumour section'.

I saw this statement as a post of someone on two fora. I never heard that the u2fanclub sent this email. Did you get one? Where did you hear this? And what is their source? And why is it not on their website U2//Fanclub Nederland - U2//Fanclub Nederland ?

Furthermoe, the height of the roof of Gelredome is 42 meters. That's too low. Of course they could leave the roof open, but that has never been done before in that stadium. Furthermore, I thought that the stadium is occupied for soccer matches around that time?

So until I hear a more 'official rumour' I consider this as extremely vague. I don't believe it will happen.

However, I was also wrong on that Glasto-gig :D

About the Arnhem rumour: I don't see it will happen.

I saw this statement as a post of someone on two Dutch internet-fora. Someone who has the nickname u2fanlub.nl But I never heard that the u2fanclub sent this email. Where did the poster hear this? And what is the source? And why is it not on their website U2//Fanclub Nederland - U2//Fanclub Nederland ?
Furthermoe, the height of the roof of Gelredome is 42 meters. That's too low. Of course they could leave the roof open, but that has never been done before in that stadium. Furthermore, I thought that the stadium is occupied for soccer matches around that time?
So until I hear a more 'official rumour' I consider this as extremely vague. I don't believe it will happen.

No Irish dates! Screw U2! :angry:........................ :|,

But really tho is there any chance of them going back on there word?
what was with Larry saying he would really like the tour to finish in Belfast!?!?! :huh:

Furthermore, I thought that the stadium is occupied for soccer matches around that time?
This shouldn't be a problem if Vitesse is playing an away match. But who knows how the matches are scheduled voor 2010-2011?

But more important, the Claw will never fit. It barely fit in the ArenA...

No Irish dates! Screw U2! :angry:........................ :|,

But really tho is there any chance of them going back on there word?
what was with Larry saying he would really like the tour to finish in Belfast!?!?! :huh:

I have to disappoint you. This was on u2.com one week ago:

The band are due to play the opening night of the 40th Glastonbury Festival on June 25. It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year. 'The band is really looking forward to it' Paul McGuinness tells us.

Latin America 360 Tour coming soon...

04/11/2010 Sao Paulo, BRA - Morumbi
04/12/2010 Sao Paulo, BRA - Morumbi
04/15/2010 Rio De Janeiro, BRA - Maracana
04/18/2010 Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate
04/19/2010 Buenos Aires, ARG - River Plate
04/22/2010 Santiago, CHL - National Stadium
04/26/2010 Guadalajara, MEX - Estadio Jalisco
04/28/2010 Monterrey, MEX - Estadio Universitario
05/01/2010 Mexico City, MEX - Estadio Azteca
05/02/2010 Mexico City, MEX - Estadio Azteca

Source:

U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa�ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 360� Tour, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2

Potential North American Dates 2010

U2Chile.net | El Portal Oficial de U2 en Chile - Inicio

U2gigs.com - U2 360� tour news, pictures, reviews

I came onto this interview today from an RT from @atU2 in twitter.
Bono is interviewed after the "NIKE: LACE UP (RED)" campaign the other day.
he's interviewed by a Mexican correspondant of FOX and in the last few seconds he asks Bono if the Band will be going to MEXICO,
Bono: YES
FOX: when???
Bono: I can't say, I'd have to kill you
Bono: all I can say is, keep the bed warm...

here`s the link:

YouTube - Bono - Fox Sports Mexico Interview

to finish:
I have a friend, that he have contacts with managers of shows exactly… this friend informed me with antecedence on the coming of the Killers, Keane and Coldplay to Brazil… it was knowing two weeks ago:

* the production here already had seen to some time as they went to bring stage and where stage would go to be in the stadium perhaps

* it will be before leg North American, probably Mexico will be announced together

* high prices it only goes to have TRACK, and 3 arquibancadas, perhaps have area VIP if the globe to enter in the stop

* only the 1 or 2 values each sector type, the superior one… 'back' of backstage it can have a price, and the remaining portion can have another one

* they do not believe the boatarias of the periodical " estadão" … that was plus a kick of the press it now remains to wait...

its good for remembering that shows in the South America announces on of the hour… then, do not doubt if to announce 2 or 3 months before ... it occurred in vertigo tour… therefore I prefer not to create expectations on announcing soon

A few months ago, we heard somewhat officially that U2's only stop in Mexico would be Estadio Azteca. Though if they add more Mexican stops, I can't imagine anyone would complain. (Obviously, plans change, and proposed itineraries are never set in stone.)

Those dates are a little surprising though. Would they really ship all three Claws from South America up to Mexico separately? And would they even have time to?

I think driving is out, because I don't think there is a road between Panama and Colombia.

The original source of the dates seems to be the forum post by someone with one post, and this was copied by the other sites (directly or indirectly). At best, the dates are suspect.

but i have friends that have contact with producers and my friends confirm the information that U2 is going to south america in march/april :sexywink:

but i have friends that have contact with producers and my friends confirm the information that U2 is going to south america in march/april :sexywink:
The South American dates for April have been previously reported/rumored/speculated. It's that super fast trip up to Mexico that seems a little difficult to believe.

If these dates will be true, then what will U2 do inbetween the last Mexico show and Anaheim?? More US dates?

I'd be surprised if they played Monterrey again, that was the worst show I saw on the Vertigo Tour, crowd was completely dead (probably from lining up for three days). Unless U2 want to "redeem" themselves there.

If these dates will be true, then what will U2 do inbetween the last Mexico show and Anaheim?? More US dates?

I think they'll take a short break after South America.

This is what I see for Bono in between SA and Mexico:

YouTube - Grandfather :30

more news of south american shows:

" u2 confirmed in Lima" , according to "Terra Peru" website

" The next edition to "Fantástico" (program of Rede Globo, Brazil) it will bring an interview with Bono, next Sunday, speaking of the future of band" :hyper:

Hope the Peru rumour comes to pass.

That list of dates with Mexico is highly suspect, especially as Mexico City looks like it'll be the first date of the North American leg, at the end of May.

All of those SA dates came from that bogus list of dates from ukmix. i think all of the south american rumors came from that one list acutally. I think its possible they might play SA in april, but the only evidence I've seen was that news article talking about u2 playing 3 shows in Sao Paulo and one in Rio in november of 2010. there is perhaps a legitimate rumor about peru now, but it doesnt say its in april. how can peru fit in those rumored dates between 4/12/2010 and 5/2/2010? there is no room .

I have to disappoint you. This was on u2.com one week ago:

Yeah I know, :sad:, That's what my comment was about, I guess the band don't wanna go back to Croke Park after last time!!! and maybe the Aviva Stadium wont be ready for them in time,

I thought maybe they would play Limerick or Cork or Belfast as Larry wanted tho!

What about that article from USA Today that said that the 3rd leg would open at Estadio on May 30th. I hope that is true because that still holds the possibility for a San Diego Date between LA.:up:

the PERU thing says that some producer is in TALKS and wants to take Macca and U2 to Peru... it doesn't say ANYWHERE that they're really going...

plus, on the comments section, people from Peru say theydon't buy anything. like this year supposedly AC/DC would play there, yet they didn't (neither here, but because the only stadium for them and Coldplay is in repairs... we lost them both... but it'll be ready for U2)

the ONLY thing clear is Estadio Azteca's TWITTER tht says that U2 plays there on May 30, and tickets go on sale on Dec 8
besides that, all the SA stuff is just speculation

What about that article from USA Today that said that the 3rd leg would open at Estadio on May 30th. I hope that is true because that still holds the possibility for a San Diego Date between LA.:up:

if Mexico was to be part of North American leg, certainty already have announced this… Mexico will be part of leg Latin American… can be certain! :sexywink:

if Mexico was to be part of North American leg, certainty already have announced this… Mexico will be part of leg Latin American… can be certain! :sexywink:

The dates are too tight for the distances though. 4500+ miles to drive on who knows what type of highways/roads, plus 3 days for Claw construction and 2 days for Claw disassembly.

The dates are too tight for the distances though. 4500+ miles to drive on who knows what type of highways/roads, plus 3 days for Claw construction and 2 days for Claw disassembly.

i believe that dates can be wrong… but, based in information of producers that I have, is certain that they will come in March/April for Latin American tour… this would include dates in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico and, perhaps, Colombia and Peru…

I have 2 friends, that they possess contacts with producers, had confirmed that me tour must pass here in Brazil before going for USA/canada… they was certain that Keane, Coldplay and The Killers would come to the South America, and was confirmed soon… I trust my sources! :hyper:

I agree with 4U2Play (hey Nick! :wave:), I don't think they will go back to Monterrey, that was my worst u2 show ever (the band even missed one song from the original setlist). I believe they will go to Azteca Stadium only, 2 dates (perhaps 3?).

I don't think Mexico will be included in SA leg, since all the media here have already announced one show on May 30 (even MTV Latinoamerica). I was wondering if Peru&Colombia will be included in April's leg instead of Mexico?

Or maybe the April dates for Mexico are accurate and the Claw is actually a spaceship as Bono said :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom