2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zurich will most definitey be a Saturday/Sunday double header. Should be a strong sell. Then again, most thought Turin would sell out instantly and get a 2nd night, but not so far.

As for remaining dates, I assume that Israel is not happening now. Maybe that's what took so long to get these dates out. So now, we still have the awkward placing of the Vienna show in the schedule. I would think a 2nd Vienna show on August 31st would be in the cards. Maybe they thought Moscow would have a 2nd night on the 26th, but now it doesn't and probably won't. Also, Budapest was strongly rumored for Sept 8, and now that isn't happening. I wonder if something else is going in that date? I think we might see a few more dates.

gah, they just need to announce the full itinerary already and say that's the full list of cities. granted, it's ages until these gigs happened, but to spread the announcement of cities over the course of months and months is stupid.

gah, they just need to announce the full itinerary already and say that's the full list of cities. granted, it's ages until these gigs happened, but to spread the announcement of cities over the course of months and months is stupid.

agree! I am wondering what is the marketing idea behind it. I have the feeling that they loose the momentum like this.

agree! I am wondering what is the marketing idea behind it. I have the feeling that they loose the momentum like this.

I have a suspicion that this is driven more by bean counters at Live Nation than by the band.

so according to that recent interview with McGuinne$$, there will probably ~45 dates this year, with no South American dates. MAYBE South America in early 2011. (and MAYBE an album after the 2010 tour...)

36 shows are already announced. So ~9 to go.

Wondering what the status is for Australia/New Zeeland?

And I am aslo wondering why no 2nd date was announced immediately for Zurich. They could easily sell out a 2nd...and a 3th...

Seems that they don't wanna deliver to demand in some markets....

It's aslo weird these differences. Brussels, Amsterdam, Zurich, Paris, Scandinavian dates sell out in minutes/hours and other markets need months to sell out one stadium...(Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Turkish, Greece dates...)

And I am aslo wondering why no 2nd date was announced immediately for Zurich. They could easily sell out a 2nd...and a 3th...

The relationship between Live Nation and the local promoter Good News is strained. The local promoter said to the press yesterday that any announcement regarding a second show would not take place until next week at the earliest because negotiations with Live Nation always take a long time. He did at least confirm that they had made a request to Live Nation for U2 perform a second date. The quotes below are extracted from local newspaper 20 Minutes - see 20min.ch, courtesy of Google translation:

"We are currently clarifying with the organizer Live Nation, whether it is possible to organize due to popular demand, an additional concert," says Good News spokesman Marc Reinhardt on request. However, one must first clarify whether it was scheduling and logistically possible.

Difficult to assess opportunities

On the question of how the odds are for a second concert of the Irishman, says Reinhardt, "In our experience take the negotiations with Live Nation, a long time. We will communicate with the earliest next week, something. "

Marc Reinhardt, media spokesman for the organizer Good News. "Live Nation has an incredible bargaining power. During concerts in the order of U2, the conditions are dictated, and it means simply "Take it or leave it '. If we did not accept the result would ease in the foreseeable future, the formation of Live Nation, Switzerland, organized the concerts. "Although there are many artists who defend themselves against being marketed by a mammoth machine that continues Reinhardt out. "But the reality is: The conditions are becoming tougher."

As a concrete example, he leads the ticket prices from the U2 concert on 11 September in Zurich: "The awards were given to us. We must 10 000 Tickets sell for 45 francs, even if we could ask for 100 francs. These are amounts that are missing at the end easily. To the particularities of each country by Live Nation is made of no account. Due to high costs in Switzerland at the U2 concert we deserve nothing. "In this case, the fans, the price dictates from the United States will benefit, even if the concert promoter to bleed. But whether this will always be so in the future, is more than questionable.

In other words it is only money that needs sorting out before the concert is announced.

"The awards were given to us. We must 10 000 Tickets sell for 45 francs, even if we could ask for 100 francs. These are amounts that are missing at the end easily. To the particularities of each country by Live Nation is made of no account. Due to high costs in Switzerland at the U2 concert we deserve nothing.

Normally, Live Nation might be to blame for the delay, but in this case,
it's the Swiss promoter chafing at the 45 Franc ticket prices. Fuck them.
Good for U2 keeping prices "low" for those seats.

Normally, Live Nation might be to blame for the delay, but in this case,
it's the Swiss promoter chafing at the 45 Franc ticket prices. Fuck them.
Good for U2 keeping prices "low" for those seats.

Quite right. It does get tiring in this country (Switzerland) with so much stuff being priced for the super-wealthy. Just one tiny example - itunes songs that cost $0.99 in US cost CHF1.50 or $1.43. Now that extra 44% cannot be due to increased labor costs! Its just that too many people here are willing to pay it.

If you want to see Black Eyed Peas or Muse in Switzerland (both support acts for U2 last year) the cheapest ticket prices are double those of U2's cheapest. If it was the other way round I would consider going, but not for $90 a ticket!

Quite right. It does get tiring in this country (Switzerland) with so much stuff being priced for the super-wealthy. Just one tiny example - itunes songs that cost $0.99 in US cost CHF1.50 or $1.43. Now that extra 44% cannot be due to increased labor costs! Its just that too many people here are willing to pay it.

If you want to see Black Eyed Peas or Muse in Switzerland (both support acts for U2 last year) the cheapest ticket prices are double those of U2's cheapest. If it was the other way round I would consider going, but not for $90 a ticket!

Well, this might be the last time we see this kind of pricing arrangement here in the US, now that Ticketmaster and Live Nation have joined to create a virtual monopoly.

Once the economy improves, I expect the low-end concert ticket prices to jump up higher. At the moment, though, competition among the hundreds of touring bands that crisscross this country daily, combined with weak demand are keeping prices in check. U2 are smart to play that game here right now.

It's aslo weird these differences. Brussels, Amsterdam, Zurich, Paris, Scandinavian dates sell out in minutes/hours and other markets need months to sell out one stadium...(Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Turkish, Greece dates...)

That's difference in each nation's economic status right there.

The PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain) are in serious economic trouble (along with Russia and Turkey). This is directly reflected in the lack of ticket sales for their local U2 concerts.

Germany and Portugal are the strange exceptions. Germany's economy is on the upswing, but demand for U2 tickets there is low, whereas the two Coimbra dates are sellouts.

This week has been a good week..... bought 2 Muse tickets (Bern) and 4 U2 (Zurich). What surprises me indeed is the ticket prices....

Muse (standing) = CHF 102.-
U2 (standing) = CHF 106.-

Vertigo U2 prices were CHF 105.- 5 years ago.... I think U2 prices are very fair.

Swiss promoters are fucked up, that's why we have so many few good bands playing in this country. We need to get rid of this "money-country" image, I'm sick of it.

Well, this might be the last time we see this kind of pricing arrangement here in the US, now that Ticketmaster and Live Nation have joined to create a virtual monopoly.

Once the economy improves, I expect the low-end concert ticket prices to jump up higher. At the moment, though, competition among the hundreds of touring bands that crisscross this country daily, combined with weak demand are keeping prices in check. U2 are smart to play that game here right now.
If U2 goes back to 20,000 seat arenas for their next tour, you can bet that the ticket prices would jump back up.

rumours about south america shows, appeared in 28/1/2010

1) Argentine website says that McGuinness confirmed shows in Argentina in October.

No Mas CDs: U2 confirmó que tocará en octubre de 2010 en Buenos Aires, como parte de la gira promocional de su último disco, "No line on the horizon". "360º Tour" en Argentina. - U2 visitará el país con su “360º Tour”

2) Chilean site speaks that producer T4F confirms interest in bringing U2 for South America in 2010.

"La productora multinacional Time For Fun (T4F) confirmó que está interesada en traer a U2 a Sudamérica con el U2360° Tour.

El anuncio lo realizó el gerente general de la compañía, Francisco Goñi, quien además detalló que para que se concrete la visita de U2 es necesario contar con el Estadio Nacional, al igual que para traer a Chile a Pearl Jam y Bon Jovi a finales de año. "

U2Chile.net | El Portal Oficial de U2 en Chile - PRODUCTORA T4F CONFIRMA INTER?S POR TRAER A U2

3) in the Multishow canal, of Globo (main TV of Brazil) a program would have spoken in 3 shows in Brazil in the October month (probably 2 in São Paulo and 1 in Rio de Janeiro)…

sincerely, I only believe u2.com now...all days appear diverse rumors on shows in the South America...already joke… and of taste with the fans of the band became badly

I would like that the band, Paul Mcguinness or Live Nation came the public to clarify this… an official note in the site of the band would be excellent

That's difference in each nation's economic status right there.

The PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain) are in serious economic trouble (along with Russia and Turkey). This is directly reflected in the lack of ticket sales for their local U2 concerts.

Germany and Portugal are the strange exceptions. Germany's economy is on the upswing, but demand for U2 tickets there is low, whereas the two Coimbra dates are sellouts.

I think you hit the right point. Probably the economic situation has a big effect on ticket sales in the PIGS :) Besides this, Sevilla was never a superstrong market for concerts (see low Madonna/Bruce sales before). Germany was never a strong U2 country. However, the German dates are almost sold out now...

It's too bad that U2 cannot be flexible in prices...The claw setup probably does not make this possible. I am sure that for a lot of Greece/Russian people it's more difficult to spend a lot of money if you compare it to aa average German/Dutch

The relationship between Live Nation and the local promoter Good News is strained. The local promoter said to the press yesterday that any announcement regarding a second show would not take place until next week at the earliest because negotiations with Live Nation always take a long time. He did at least confirm that they had made a request to Live Nation for U2 perform a second date. The quotes below are extracted from local newspaper 20 Minutes - see 20min.ch, courtesy of Google translation:

"We are currently clarifying with the organizer Live Nation, whether it is possible to organize due to popular demand, an additional concert," says Good News spokesman Marc Reinhardt on request. However, one must first clarify whether it was scheduling and logistically possible.

Difficult to assess opportunities

On the question of how the odds are for a second concert of the Irishman, says Reinhardt, "In our experience take the negotiations with Live Nation, a long time. We will communicate with the earliest next week, something. "

Marc Reinhardt, media spokesman for the organizer Good News. "Live Nation has an incredible bargaining power. During concerts in the order of U2, the conditions are dictated, and it means simply "Take it or leave it '. If we did not accept the result would ease in the foreseeable future, the formation of Live Nation, Switzerland, organized the concerts. "Although there are many artists who defend themselves against being marketed by a mammoth machine that continues Reinhardt out. "But the reality is: The conditions are becoming tougher."

As a concrete example, he leads the ticket prices from the U2 concert on 11 September in Zurich: "The awards were given to us. We must 10 000 Tickets sell for 45 francs, even if we could ask for 100 francs. These are amounts that are missing at the end easily. To the particularities of each country by Live Nation is made of no account. Due to high costs in Switzerland at the U2 concert we deserve nothing. "In this case, the fans, the price dictates from the United States will benefit, even if the concert promoter to bleed. But whether this will always be so in the future, is more than questionable.

In other words it is only money that needs sorting out before the concert is announced.

It's funny negotiations haven't be done before. In that case they could immediately add extra concerts at the day of sale. It's also pathetic that the local organizer is bitching about the cheap tickets. The average price is higher. And the concert promotot who has to bleed.... yeah right. If they would not earn money, they wouldn't do it... strange story

For once I side with Live Nation (although I suspect the decision to sell so many cheap seats has rather more to do with the band themselves)

U2.com just announced a second Zurich show for Sunday, 12 September.

Shame I can't go, but I have a very important seminar that week which I shouldn't miss. I'm still pissed they didn't announce a second show for Vienna. :|

So look's like that would be it for North America? Only 13 cities,15 shows in 47 days?

The band won't be worn out at the end of the leg,that's for sure.......32 days off out of a 47 days leg

I thinking they aren't going to add anymore NA dates. I'm going to go ahead and book my flight from Anaheim to Denver. If they add a Salt Lake City show they maybe I could switch it.

You work for the airlines so it's easier for you to switch. I highly doubt, however, they will ad a SLC show. But, people can go ahead and jump on me for things I have said in the past.

SMB

Yeah, that is not why I'm worrying too much about it, but I would rather just get everything squared away.

So look's like that would be it for North America? Only 13 cities,15 shows in 47 days?

The band won't be worn out at the end of the leg,that's for sure.......32 days off out of a 47 days leg

Yeah, that's pretty lame, considering they probably could do some more shows. SLC, Pittsburgh, Ohio, St. Louis/Kansas City/Des Moines triangle (1 show), Winnipeg, Tennessee and somewhere in the northeast (Hartford?) could definiely support a show. While they might not completely sell out, it could probably "sell out" like Phoenix, DC, etc. Seriously can't believe Norman and Charlottesville got a show and so many more worthy cities are getting the shaft.

This week has been a good week..... bought 2 Muse tickets (Bern) and 4 U2 (Zurich). What surprises me indeed is the ticket prices....

Muse (standing) = CHF 102.-
U2 (standing) = CHF 106.-

Vertigo U2 prices were CHF 105.- 5 years ago.... I think U2 prices are very fair.

Swiss promoters are fucked up, that's why we have so many few good bands playing in this country. We need to get rid of this "money-country" image, I'm sick of it.

When I was buying Muse tickets, I noticed that their GA tickets in Fort Worth's little arena were $10 more than U2's GA tickets in the US.

Back
Top Bottom