2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like tickets are just not selling as well as they did last year across the board. Places that have had dates set aside for 2nd shows won't be getting them because the 1st shows have still not sold out. Philly, East Ruth, Turin, Moscow. Just seems like a lot of big gaps.

Can you give more information? Give me a SLC date and my Seattle tickets will be available for sale.

Michael

Hi all:

I'm a SLC local, and for what it's worth, I have it on two (separate and quite reliable) sources that Rice Eccles Stadium is booked for a June 3 show. No idea why it hasn't been announced yet - so I'm getting a bit dubious. But - fingers crossed!

Do you have a link mentioning 95 shows? The tour should resume in May, as the ft.com interview indicated. I think that's the closest to official source I've seen about the resumption month.

Paul M. mentioned that the tour would be roughly 90-95 shows in length spread out between 2009 and 2010. He stated this to Billboard.com (and possibily other sources) around the time the tour was announced early last year. The same article stated that June-August 2009 would be for Europe, September-October 2009 for North America and that June-July 2010 would be for North America and August-September or October 2010 would be for Euorpe, all of which proved to be correct. It also mentioned that South American dates would planned for October-November 2010. I don't recall if Australia was mentioned in that article.

Nowhere did I see that they were planning to at least 100 shows for this tour, though I could see it growing to that size if the demand dictates it. Another 10-15 shows being added in 2010 does seem realistic, but I doubt there will be any more than that.

How many more shows do they need to add (if any) to beat the Rolling Stones record for biggest grossing tour ever? That might be the target here:sexywink: Keep touring until they can claim that ultimate statistic.

Paul M. mentioned that the tour would be roughly 90-95 shows in length spread out between 2009 and 2010. He stated this to Billboard.com (and possibily other sources) around the time the tour was announced early last year. The same article stated that June-August 2009 would be for Europe, September-October 2009 for North America and that June-July 2010 would be for North America and August-September or October 2010 would be for Euorpe, all of which proved to be correct. It also mentioned that South American dates would planned for October-November 2010. I don't recall if Australia was mentioned in that article.

Nowhere did I see that they were planning to at least 100 shows for this tour, though I could see it growing to that size if the demand dictates it. Another 10-15 shows being added in 2010 does seem realistic, but I doubt there will be any more than that.

Thanks for the source.

The quote from the article last March:
"
The basic layout of the tour is Europe in July and August, America in September and October with a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June and July next year, then August and September in Europe. The trek then tentatively will hit South America in the fall of 2010, for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years."

I can see Australia not being mentioned because their currency was in the tank back then - it has since recovered.

Hi all:

I'm a SLC local, and for what it's worth, I have it on two (separate and quite reliable) sources that Rice Eccles Stadium is booked for a June 3 show. No idea why it hasn't been announced yet - so I'm getting a bit dubious. But - fingers crossed!

Anybody think they might be waiting for Grammy time to announce the remaining NA shows? I know they aren't up for big awards this time, but they might still get quick popularity boost, enough to sell some tickets. Maybe announce SLC, Oakland 2, Philly 2, and NY 4, and maybe one or 2 others (OHIO PLEASE)? Just a thought, and a possible explanation as to why they are delaying the announcement of these dates so long.

Anybody think they might be waiting for Grammy time to announce the remaining NA shows? I know they aren't up for big awards this time, but they might still get quick popularity boost, enough to sell some tickets. Maybe announce SLC, Oakland 2, Philly 2, and NY 4, and maybe one or 2 others (OHIO PLEASE)? Just a thought, and a possible explanation as to why they are delaying the announcement of these dates so long.

Or maybe they are waiting until they announce the new album :hmm:

I just hope that they do it soon. I need to know if I have to adjust my travel plans. I'd rather get everything squared away right away.

So ... 10 people giving you shit about something you said on the internet is making you lose faith in U2 fans? Of which there are approximately a gajillion in the whole world?

A little perspective here, please.

I just hope that they do it soon. I need to know if I have to adjust my travel plans. I'd rather get everything squared away right away.

Yeah, it's difficult to make plans when the final dates aren't yet known. I need to know whether I'll be flying to LA or possibly Mehico from London. But they didn't announce last year's shows till March so there's still plenty of time.

Me too. Hope they announce whatever dates they are going to so that plans can be made. Been putting a few things on hold until the annoncement.

And now its this
letzigrund_luftaufnahme_dpa_600.jpg

which should be much better than an open airfield. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a double-nighter as the capacity of the stadium is pretty small and demand for U2 here is strong.

I think we can assume that the Europe itinarity is complete? The only possibilities I see is a second date in Paris (or Zurich?) or a date in between Istanbul and Zurich...

I think we can assume that the Europe itinarity is complete? The only possibilities I see is a second date in Paris (or Zurich?) or a date in between Istanbul and Zurich...

There is still the rumour of a gig in Croatia ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom