2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id also like to know what shows sold out almost instantly? I was able to pull up tickets for every show I tried for, a few days before each concert.

Toronto, Chicago, and East Rutherford.

You honestly think the stadium would only be half full? If they did 1 show it WOULD sell out and the demand would be huge. I still havent seen anyone show anything that claimed the 2nd show didnt sell out, as there were sources printing that it did.

Look, I'm not trying to argue with you, I know U2's history with the Boston area, and I was as surprised as anyone about how many tickets were floating around for the second show, right up to show time. They were available through ticketmaster right up till the show, and people on here were trying to dump extra tickets at below face value, so they obviously weren't in high demand.

No, I'm not 100 percent certain that the second show didn't eventually sell out, but I do know that there seemed to be a surplus of tickets right up till show time, hence my assumption that the area was oversaturated.

It seems like there's a higher threshold that Boston is held to that other areas are not.
How many tickets went unsold for boston 2? 5000? I don't know but I don't think that's the reason for not having another show listed. I don't think Tampa sold out did it? Then why hit FL again ? That's a statement that follows the logic in this thread a bout no Boston at all. Doesn't make sense the way the FL statement doesn't make sense.
It almost feels like people are pleased that new England doesn't have a show listed. Like the region deserves a 'punishment' for having 2 already. Just the feeling I'm getting. I hope I'm wrong

I remember night 2, the whole upper deck was practically empty. Friends of mine who had balcony seats(much thanks to cathalmc for that!) were able to move to a different section in the upper deck because it was dead.

And there were GA's available for night 2 from 2 weeks prior up until showtime through ticketmaster.

It seems like there's a higher threshold that Boston is held to that other areas are not.
How many tickets went unsold for boston 2? 5000? I don't know but I don't think that's the reason for not having another show listed. I don't think Tampa sold out did it? Then why hit FL again ? That's a statement that follows the logic in this thread a bout no Boston at all. Doesn't make sense the way the FL statement doesn't make sense.
It most feels like people are pleased that new England doesn't have a show listed. Like the region deserves a 'punishment' for having 2 already. Just the feeling I'm getting. I hope I'm wrong

I think you're misreading people. Undoubtedly, some people are envious that we had two shows when many areas had NONE, and it probably doesn't help when all us Boston fans come on here and cry about how we're not getting a 2010 show. But I don't think anyone's taking any particular joy from New England getting skipped. They just wish we'd shut the hell up about it.

It almost feels like people are pleased that new England doesn't have a show listed. Like the region deserves a 'punishment' for having 2 already. Just the feeling I'm getting. I hope I'm wrong

Miami is a whole different market than Tampa, and it is the only show in the southeastern United States at all in 2010. That's a damn big market for the Miami show to draw from. By contrast, Boston is within driving distance of two shows in New Jersey and one or two shows in Montreal. It's closer to two shows in Philadelphia and one show in each of Chicago and Toronto than Miami is to the next closest shows, in... Philadelphia, too.

No, I'm not 100 percent certain that the second show didn't eventually sell out, but I do know that there seemed to be a surplus of tickets right up till show time, hence my assumption that the area was oversaturated.

I remember night 2, the whole upper deck was practically empty. Friends of mine who had balcony seats(much thanks to cathalmc for that!) were able to move to a different section in the upper deck because it was dead.

And there were GA's available for night 2 from 2 weeks prior up until showtime through ticketmaster.

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I think you're misreading people. Undoubtedly, some people are envious that we had two shows when many areas had NONE, and it probably doesn't help when all us Boston fans come on here and cry about how we're not getting a 2010 show. But I don't think anyone's taking any particular joy from New England getting skipped. They just wish we'd shut the hell up about it.

:lol:
yes! You're probably right! That made me laugh:up:
to be honest, The parking sucked so bad that maybe it's best I travel further to other shows.
There's nj and maybe they'll get 2 shows and that would be cool to go to.

First, this is ALL speculation until all of the dates are announced.

Second, if people aren't sympathetic to the Boston area, it's because so many places around the U.S. and Canada have yet to get even one show announced. (Not to mention Mexico, South America, NZ and Australia)

Third, U2 knows not to saturate an area. They easily could have played a second Vegas show, possibly a second Rose Bowl show, as well as others. They have a master plan for the 360 Tour, and if they truly have underestimated ticket demand in a down economy, then maybe they'll get their asses back on tour before 2013.

The point is see them when you can, however many times is affordable for you. If that means you have to travel a little, well, plan for it, many U2 fans do.

I think that's exactly how people feel. :up: I'd hope that people here who have had shows so close wouldn't be as vocal about not getting more. I understand how someone might be disappointed but maybe you should be thankful that you already got one. I don't direct that simply at those in New England but in general. Some parts of the country aren't getting shows anywhere near them. :shrug:

First, this is ALL speculation until all of the dates are announced.

Second, if people aren't sympathetic to the Boston area, it's because so many places around the U.S. and Canada have yet to get even one show announced. (Not to mention Mexico, South America, NZ and Australia)

Third, U2 knows not to saturate an area. They easily could have played a second Vegas show, possibly a second Rose Bowl show, as well as others. They have a master plan for the 360 Tour, and if they truly have underestimated ticket demand in a down economy, then maybe they'll get their asses back on tour before 2013.

The point is see them when you can, however many times is affordable for you. If that means you have to travel a little, well, plan for it, many U2 fans do.
I did travel- Vegas show and it was a fantastic trip. I travel quite a bit to see my favorite bands actually - last year I made it to IN MI CA & IL - I was maybe just misreading or reading into some of the comments and voiced some disagreement. I'm not adverse to going farther away at all plenty of time to plan.

yep

/17-14'd

-dan

I did travel- Vegas show and it was a fantastic trip. I travel quite a bit to see my favorite bands actually - last year I made it to IN MI CA & IL - I was maybe just misreading or reading into some of the comments and voiced some disagreement. I'm not adverse to going farther away at all plenty of time to plan.

Oh, I know you did. I missed seeing most everyone in Vegas. I was just restating the obvious.

I won't cry if U2 doesn't announce Minneapolis; I'll just get my ass to Chicago or up to Edmonton instead (besides Anaheim, Montreal and NJ, hopefully).

I think that's exactly how people feel. :up: I'd hope that people here who have had shows so close wouldn't be as vocal about not getting more. I understand how someone might be disappointed but maybe you should be thankful that you already got one. I don't direct that simply at those in New England but in general. Some parts of the country aren't getting shows anywhere near them. :shrug:

I understand and respect that. I wasn't saying Boston SHOULD get more shows. I'm trying to understand why the whole region got skipped. But someone above noted how some other shows were close enough to draw the new England folks in, like nj and PA , and that's exactly what's going to happen. I agree with that line of reasoning.

Ha ;)
RI actually :)
I've been to Montreal before, once so this is a good excuse to go see it again.
I've put a lot of miles on my car driving to various shows - other bands. What's a few more? :D

Tampa did sell out 100% Miami will definitely be a great concert.
Tampa boxscore..
Attendance-72,688/72,688
sold out-1/1
Gross-$6,399,375

Ok...kind of heard enough about the 2nd Gillette show..I went to both and was amazed..the official box numbers from the 2shows @ Gillette:
(shows/sellout) (gross income)
Foxborough Gillette Stadium 2 / 2 138,805 / 138,805 (100%) $12,859,778

HOPE THEY ADD ONE MORE!!!

Ok...kind of heard enough about the 2nd Gillette show..I went to both and was amazed..the official box numbers from the 2shows @ Gillette:
(shows/sellout) (gross income)
Foxborough Gillette Stadium 2 / 2 138,805 / 138,805 (100%) $12,859,778

HOPE THEY ADD ONE MORE!!!
:up::up::up::up::up::up:

Tampa did sell out 100% Miami will definitely be a great concert.
Tampa boxscore..
Attendance-72,688/72,688
sold out-1/1
Gross-$6,399,375

Thanks,:hmm:
I didn't know they sold out. There's a couple friends in Jacksonville who couldn't make the Tampa show so hopefully they'll make Miami. Sounds like a lot of people plan to fly in for it.

I wonder if Gillette really got blasted on that survey about whether you would go back if U2 came in 2010.

Honestly, compared to all of the shows I went to, there was no worse experience getting out of a stadium then Gillette. Not even the Rose Bowl came close to what I experienced at Gillette. I probably would have gone back, but I was clear to say it was only because it was U2 and because my memory of that awful experience might have dulled by 2010.

I wonder if Gillette really got blasted on that survey about whether you would go back if U2 came in 2010.

Honestly, compared to all of the shows I went to, there was no worse experience getting out of a stadium then Gillette. Not even the Rose Bowl came close to what I experienced at Gillette. I probably would have gone back, but I was clear to say it was only because it was U2 and because my memory of that awful experience might have dulled by 2010.

I'll bet you're right andthey got blasted. It WAS really bad getting out of there. For football games they run special trains to and from Boston for $12. I wonder if they didn't as part of some agreement so gillette could make everyone drive and park for $40. I live 40 minutes away and I was lucky it only took me 2.5 hrs to get home. Others had it worse. I'm hoping nj is better.

Does someone have all of the stats for the Landover gig? I'd like to see them since I was at that show...

Probably not the best place to ask that, but oh well. :wink:

Does someone have all of the stats for the Landover gig? I'd like to see them since I was at that show...

Probably not the best place to ask that, but oh well. :wink:

September 29, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Fedex Field
GROSS: $6,718,315 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 84,754 (RECORD)
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 1
Average Ticket Price: $79.27

stop whining
u2 have played 13 shows in Mass over the last 3 tours!!

really hard done by aren't you?

Oh, and last i heard the US hardly had poor city-to-city transport links.

You have been spoilt and become lazy.

This may sound like a silly question, but is it likely that they'll change things up a bit for this leg, or will it be basically the same as the shows that we saw on leg 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom