2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that. I'd go to the ends of the earth, but I don't even think I can get anyone to go an hour away. I don't particularly want to make a solo trip to the Meadowlands from NH, but whatever it takes, right?

I've already decided to make the solo trip to Meadowlands.... I'm even thinking about driving. :eek: It's not ideal, but hey, it's U2. I'm trying really hard to work on at least one person for Miami, but I'm failing miserably. :sad: I'm surrounded by unadventurous people. :doh:

i don't think any of the venues are small enough to be considered a hot ticket

-dan

I'm going to Denver. Maybe Anaheim. That's so far off from now!! I wish tickets would go on sale early next year. With weddings, travel and car repairs. I'm broke right now!

I'm thinkin Miami... that would be my first choice out of these dates, lookin at bout a 15 hour drive for me but just may go for it.

I had my hopes set high for a New Orleans gig...felt certain they would book there given the events that have taken place since PopMart '97 (which I couldn't make it to!) ah well I guess there is still the possibility of some curve-ball addition to these dates.

strange looking Claw set-up in Miami, they took out one sideline of seats:

30505s.gif

I've already decided to make the solo trip to Meadowlands.... I'm even thinking about driving. :eek: It's not ideal, but hey, it's U2. I'm trying really hard to work on at least one person for Miami, but I'm failing miserably. :sad: I'm surrounded by unadventurous people. :doh:
I'll be doing the same thing. I can't believe nobody I know thinks this show is worth 4 hours in the car. I've decided that as long as I get a job (I'm out of work) before tickets go on sale, I'm making the journey.

OK I m thinking about headed to the NJ show also from CT. It's about 2 hours for me. Anyone else in NE maybe looking to take a road trip? Not sure I can convice my wife to go this time.

if they can use those protective plates to cover the grass fields for the stadiums, why can't they use it to cover the dirt infield???

-dan

Road Trip out of NE

OK I m thinking about headed to the NJ show also from CT. It's about 2 hours for me. Anyone else in NE maybe looking to take a road trip? Not sure I can convice my wife to go this time.

I am road tripping it out of NE to Toronto. Saw Toronto 2 and Gillette one 2nd leg. I am too nervous to wait on announcement of NE show that *gasp* may never come. Gillette was a great show but Toronto 2 was better and I was even in the seats for toronto show. The energy of the crowd was amazing and Toronto is an awesome city to visit. Only 8 to 9 hours away from RI. We are going GA... got the tickets this am :D . If they add Gillette I might brave the ignorant staff and mind numbing traffic, maybe not though. If they add Fenway I will have to try to get tickets on the public sale ugh:doh:. Just could not risk no show on the 3rd leg :heart:.

I emailed Gillette and asked them about U2 not returning there, heres what they said: "We dont have any information on 2010 concerts at Gillette Stadium except for the July 24th Bon Jovi show. You can check back thru www.gillettestadium.com and www.ticketmaster.com for information on 2010 concerts at Gillette Stadium and ticket sales."

I emailed Gillette and asked them about U2 not returning there, heres what they said: "We dont have any information on 2010 concerts at Gillette Stadium except for the July 24th Bon Jovi show. You can check back thru www.gillettestadium.com and www.ticketmaster.com for information on 2010 concerts at Gillette Stadium and ticket sales."

Maybe they have to wait for the Revolution/MLS schedule to be released. Or they already know and there was some conflict.

u2 caused the nfl to adjust the schedules for 6-8 teams

NOBODY is worried about the mls

-dan

Emailing them about it can't hurt, but I wouldn't expect to hear about it from them until/if it is confirmed. And right now, it ain't. Might never be. :shrug:

Maybe they have to wait for the Revolution/MLS schedule to be released. Or they already know and there was some conflict.
MLS schedules are usually released around February 1. I can assure you, if U2 wanted to claim a date at Gillette, the Revolution would simply schedule around it.

exactly venues will not give any info until the date is officially announces by the artist.

I still have a ticketbroker saying that they will be returning and they are shocked it hasn't been announced. I dont see where it would or could fit in the schedule though.

exactly venues will not give any info until the date is officially announces by the artist.

I still have a ticketbroker saying that they will be returning and they are shocked it hasn't been announced. I dont see where it would or could fit in the schedule though.

Your talking about Gillette right??

I don't understand the degree of surprise that people are expressing regarding no show being announced at Gillette, yet. I'm genuinely sorry for those of you who live in the area and want to see another show there, but the fact is, the return shows they're doing have one thing in common - the tickets sold out almost instantly. Gillette didn't. That would lead one to conclude that they oversaturated that market with the two shows in September. They're not going to book a stadium for '10 if they think it's only going to be half full.

I don't understand the degree of surprise that people are expressing regarding no show being announced at Gillette, yet. I'm genuinely sorry for those of you who live in the area and want to see another show there, but the fact is, the return shows they're doing have one thing in common - the tickets sold out almost instantly. Gillette didn't. That would lead one to conclude that they oversaturated that market with the two shows in September. They're not going to book a stadium for '10 if they think it's only going to be half full.

You honestly think the stadium would only be half full? If they did 1 show it WOULD sell out and the demand would be huge. I still havent seen anyone show anything that claimed the 2nd show didnt sell out, as there were sources printing that it did.

As you can see, I'm a New England fan, so it pains me to say this.... but we're spoiled. On the previous two arena tours, I went to thirteen "local" shows (between Boston and Providence). Never had to drive more than 90 minutes from home. U2 hasn't skipped this area on a North American leg since PopMart Leg3 - which coincidentally was their last NA stadium tour. Am I disappointed? Bet yer ass I am. But shocked or offended? Nope.

Do the math, and you'll see that ~130,000 tickets per tour is about the norm for U2 in this area.

Id also like to know what shows sold out almost instantly? I was able to pull up tickets for every show I tried for, a few days before each concert.

I can see them not doing two shows again, but when you sell 130,000 tickets in one market, you can be pretty sure you're going to sell another 70,000 for one night. 2nd night at Gillette was nearly sold out.
They could try Hartford, too. Just seems odd with such a big market, with fans who would definitely see another show with a potentially new setlist, that they wouldn;t have at least one show in the area to service the 6 states that would be within maybe 3-4 hours drive.

I can see them not doing two shows again, but when you sell 130,000 tickets in one market, you can be pretty sure you're going to sell another 70,000 for one night. 2nd night at Gillette was nearly sold out.
They could try Hartford, too. Just seems odd with such a big market, with fans who would definitely see another show with a potentially new setlist, that they wouldn;t have at least one show in the area to service the 6 states that would be within maybe 3-4 hours drive.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom