2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenway doesn't really fit into the whole 360° format with a giant wall on one side. I wont complain if it is true.. its much easier to get there than Gillete :hmm:

i have one presale ticket left. i'm not sure which one to use it for. I haven't decided whether i'll go to anaheim or new york (assuming both have 2 shows).

which of all the NA cities do you think will be in most demand that will be easy to trade?

I renewed my U2.COM membership last night and I still have not gotten my presale codes. What should I do? I am kind of worried. :sad:

Log in to the site to see if your new code is there. I never got a confirmation email when I renewed a month or so ago, but when I went online, it showed my old and new codes.

I renewed my U2.COM membership last night and I still have not gotten my presale codes. What should I do? I am kind of worried. :sad:

The presale generator is currently broken. If you need your code for the upcoming presales email fanfire. Check the u2.com thread in Everything you know is wrong. Another member had the same issue and FF said they'll give him a code manually for the presale.

Fenway doesn't really fit into the whole 360° format with a giant wall on one side. I wont complain if it is true.. its much easier to get there than Gillete :hmm:

I cant see the claw fitting into Fenway at all... but hey, Ill take what i can get.

My guess as to what the 2010 leg will pan out to be...wishful thinking anyway..lol

May 30 Mexico City Mexico Azteca Stadium
May 31 Mexico City Mexico Azteca Stadium
May 3 Monterrey Mexico Estadio Universitario (wishful thinking)
June 6 Anaheim California Angel Stadium
June 7 Anaheim California Angel Stadium
June 9 San Diego California Qualcomm Stadium (wishful thinking)
June 12 Denver Colorado Invesco Field
June 13 Denver Colordo Invesco Field
June 16 Oakland California Oakland Coliseum
June 17 Oakland California Oakland Coliseum
June 20 Seattle Washington Qwest Field
June 23 Edmonton Alberta Commonwealth Stadium
June 24 Edmonton Alberta Commonwealth Stadium
June 30 East Lansing Minnesota Spartan Stadium
July 03 Toronto Ontario Rogers Center
July 6 Chicago Illinois Soldier Field
July 09 Miami Florida Land Shark Stadium
July 12 Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field
July 13 Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field
July 16 Montreal QC Venue TBA
July 19 New York NY Meadowlands Stadium
July 20 New York NY Meadowlands Stadium
July 22 New York NY Meadowlands Stadium (wishful thinking)

I did 9-17-87 the old garden, 5-6 songs with all the lights on, back then fans used to bring banners and they were hung all over the balcony rails...absolutely amazing site looking around ...seeing the crowd, feeling the energy ....great memories..:drool:

OK folks, I've been told South American and Mexico City dates will be earlier in 2010, preceding what has just been announced for the US/Canada. This is from a good source but I'm still handing out grains of salt until anything is confirmed. So don't hold me to this.

Before you ask "when?", fucked if I know exactly. The existing rumours say March. Hold your horses; an announcement has to be soon if what I've heard is correct.

Originally Posted by Maoilbheannacht
Maybe Boston will get a free but very raw show with no real production. They will just set up Larry's drums on the floor of the arena, bring in a basic sound system and leave the house lights on for the entire show.

Now that's a show I would love to see!

I did 9-17-87 the old garden, 5-6 songs with all the lights on, back then fans used to bring banners and they were hung all over the balcony rails...absolutely amazing site looking around ...seeing the crowd, feeling the energy ....great memories..:drool:
my bad

As for extra dates in the US/Canada schedule, here's my guess. Extra dates in italics:

2010-06-06: Angel Stadium, Anaheim, California
2010-06-07, Anaheim (or on 2010-06-08)
2010-06-10, San Diego

2010-06-12: Invesco Field, Denver, Colorado
2010-06-13, Denver? I wouldn't have expected two, but maybe to make up for demand from Texas, et al.
2010-06-16: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, California
2010-06-17: Oakland
2010-06-20: Qwest Field, Seattle, Washington
2010-06-23: Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, Alberta
2010-06-24, Edmonton
2010-06-27: Minneapolis

2010-06-30: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan
2010-07-03: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario
2010-07-06: Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
2010-07-09: Land Shark Stadium, Miami, Florida
2010-07-12: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2010-07-13, Philadelphia
2010-07-16: Venue to be announced, Montreal, Quebec
2010-07-19: New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
2010-07-20: East Rutherford

That gap between Edmonton and East Lansing could conceivably fit two shows, not just one ... say Minneapolis and St Louis or Minneapolis and somewhere in Wisconsin. However, I don't expect there will be. If you look at the schedule, it seems the claw needs about 9 days at minimum to move between venues and be set up in time for the concert. If you squeezed two gigs in between Edmonton and East Lansing, that means Edmonton's claw would have to get to East Lansing in just six days. Don't see THAT happening.

Originally Posted by Maoilbheannacht
Maybe Boston will get a free but very raw show with no real production. They will just set up Larry's drums on the floor of the arena, bring in a basic sound system and leave the house lights on for the entire show.

Now that's a show I would love to see!

my bad

maybe they are skipping boston on the next leg because the crowd was quite out of it during the 1st north american leg at gillette, and the globe trashed them too:sad:

what, no tucson? i thought we would get 2 shows???

i took the dates that were given and added the day of the week it falls on. it could help a bit in planning:

sunday, 6 June, 2010 Anaheim CA US Angel Stadium
saturday, 12 June, 2010 Denver CO US Invesco Field
wednesday, 16 June, 2010 Oakland CA US Oakland Coliseum
sunday, 20 June, 2010 Seattle WA US Qwest Field
wednesday, 23 June, 2010 Edmonton CA Commonwealth Stadium
wednesday, 30 June, 2010 East Lansing MI Spartan Stadium
saturday, 3 July, 2010 Toronto ON CA Rogers Centre
tuesday, 6 July, 2010 Chicago IL US Soldier Field
friday, 9 July, 2010 Miami FL US Land Shark Stadium
monday, 12 July, 2010 Philadelphia PA Lincoln Financial Field
friday, 16 July, 2010 Montreal QC Venue TBA
monday, 19 July, 2010 New York NY New Meadowlands Stadium

-----

anaheim, denver and seattle (i call alicia's couch) are strong
nothing against canada, but it kinda blows that toronto gets a show on the 4th of july weekend
would be much happier if miami got 2 shows and would fly out for it
not happy at all with the giants stadium dates

-dan

anaheim, denver and seattle (i call alicia's couch)

:lol:

I should just invite everyone over and we'll all cram together on the floor ... because all I have are a bed and a couch! And I just got rid of my hammock. Maybe I'll win the lottery and move into a mansion by then. :hmm:

I'm still holding out a shred of hope for something in Wisconsin to be added. Barring that, I'll take Minneapolis. (Chicago's awesome, but too far from my hometown to easily combine with a trip home.)

Salt Lake City (IF it has a suitable stadium) would be my guess over San Diego in the gap between Anaheim and Denver.

Im glad I didnt wast $40 signing back up for the website again. If they are skipping New England, I wont be seeing them anytime soon. People here who are bashing those who wanted something in New England do realize New England is made up of 6 states right? When someone says New England their not just saying Boston. It just seems like a lot to skip over, IMO. Especially when other places are getting extra show(s).

I agree with you Dan about the 4th of July thing, but a lot of people go on vacation around then. At least they do where I live, so that maybe why they are playing Canada then.

maybe they are skipping boston on the next leg because the crowd was quite out of it during the 1st north american leg at gillette, and the globe trashed them too:sad:

Well, I have never seen/heard a crowd more out of it than the crowd last night at the Rose Bowl and their doing multiple shows in California. Its not like an entire group of people should be left out. The band is approaching/into their 50's now and the fans are getting older. You can't expect people to jump around like they would have 20 years, or even 10 years ago. Especially when the songs are getting more mellow and away from the punk feel.

Im glad I didnt wast $40 signing back up for the website again. If they are skipping New England, I wont be seeing them anytime soon. People here who are bashing those who wanted something in New England do realize New England is made up of 6 states right? When someone says New England their not just saying Boston. It just seems like a lot to skip over, IMO. Especially when other places are getting extra show(s).

Technically, New England only has 5 states. There was a vote and CT was kicked out, thankfully. :wink:

I can't believe we aren't going to get another Boston show. if we complain about it enough in here do you think someone will listen? :hmm:

They were talking about baseball parks right? There's no way that beast would fit into fenway.

need we not bring up the train fiasco at the giants stadium shows... and they're going back to the meadowlands, so i doubt traffic problems have anything to do with why they're not playing in massachusets (yet).

Oh god, don't even mention trains and the Meadowlands. I saw Bruce's last show there and... it was a slightly terrifying experience.

But you're definitely right, I highly doubt the band is taking our after show stresses into consideration when deciding not to play a venue... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom