2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm saying. :hyper: Or maybe they could buy a cruise ship and set up their stage in the middle and during Crazy Tonight we all throw Kathie Lee Gifford off the boat. Then for the encore U2 covers I'm On A Boat and the diehards burn the boat down because they skipped Ultraviolet. But they failed to think about where the f$%k the hanging mic would fall from.:drool:

That's what I'm saying. :hyper: Or maybe they could buy a cruise ship and set up their stage in the middle and during Crazy Tonight we all throw Kathie Lee Gifford off the boat. Then for the encore U2 covers I'm On A Boat and the diehards burn the boat down because they skipped Ultraviolet. But they failed to think about where the f$%k the hanging mic would fall from.:drool:

How about they finally follow through with this stupid spaceship theme and do a show on the moon? Ah, but the traffic would suck... :wink:

i think i'll wait til the rest of the dates are announced before deciding whether to renew or not

Maybe Boston will get a free but very raw show with no real production. They will just set up Larry's drums on the floor of the arena, bring in a basic sound system and leave the house lights on for the entire show. :wink:

I would pay to see larry and his bongo drum! one man show!! :applaud:

I think it's pretty unfair that they are doing another Chicago date, possibly sacrificing a concert in Wisconsin and/or Missouri...but I guess it makes sense, what with the cost of the tour, so they would be visiting markets where they know they can have a sold-out concert and high revenue.

Thats what confuses me, if Chicago gets a show, I would think so would Boston, thats all. Didnt Chicago get two shows last time...and then Toronto again. Montreal makes sense. I just would think if Chicago & Toronto are on there, then I dont see why no Boston for one night. Its just weird, i think.

Thats what confuses me, if Chicago gets a show, I would think so would Boston, thats all. Didnt Chicago get two shows last time...and then Toronto again. Montreal makes sense. I just would think if Chicago & Toronto are on there, then I dont see why no Boston for one night. Its just weird, i think.

Both Chicago and Toronto sold out their second nights with ease. Boston2 was a last-minute sell-out - if at all.

Both Chicago and Toronto sold out their second nights with ease. Boston2 was a last-minute sell-out - if at all.

So, do one show...that will definitely be an automatic sell out if thats what their goal is. I dont know why that should imply NO show vs One show. :huh:

I'm so out of the loop. Still trying to recover from the Rose Bowl yesterday :crack:

I see the dates listed on Page 1. When are the presales? And does anyone know if you renew your U2.com membership early (mine isn't due til January), do they extend your membership & get new codes right away?

can someone remind me what the presale times are?

Can anyone help us out here?

Originally Posted by Maoilbheannacht
Montreal is on the 16th, the first NY is on the 19th. That just leaves the 17th and the 18th. The band does not play back to back shows in different cities with a tour of this size.

touche

Ok, the bandmembers need to start cloning... i guess.

So, do one show...that will definitely be an automatic sell out if thats what their goal is. I dont know why that should imply NO show vs One show. :huh:

Believe me, zoobaby, you're preaching to the choir! If they don't play New England next year, I don't see 'em. But that said, I'm sure U2/Principle/LiveNation look at past performance as an indicator of future sales. And the fact remains that Chicago, Toronto, and New York sold better than Boston this year.

You cannot imagine how badly I hope I am wrong in this.

I don't think they'll come to Boston after NY since the site specifically says they'll finish this leg w/ the New York show. And even though it says additional cities and dates tba, they may mean in S. America. It says you can find the complete list of North American cities, dates and venues on the tour page. I hope they don't really mean complete, as in that's all we get.

I don't think they'll come to Boston after NY since the site specifically says they'll finish this leg w/ the New York show. And even though it says additional cities and dates tba, they may mean in S. America. It says you can find the complete list of North American cities, dates and venues on the tour page. I hope they don't really mean complete, as in that's all we get.

Well, there are a couple of gaps in the NA tour schedule; there is still enough room to add a couple of more cities.

Well, there are a couple of gaps in the NA tour schedule; there is still enough room to add a couple of more cities.
I really hope so. I am so bummed out right now. I'm toying with the idea of Meadowlands, but that's 4 hours away. Not to mention, I'm still recovering financially from 9/20.

i can't remember. did they announce 2nd nights before the 1st date started selling?

the only times they have announced a second date before the first date went on sale this tour, was for Toronto and Dublin. The only NA date I see maybe getting another date before the on-sale time is maybe Anaheim.

if they don't add 2nd nights, then i'm not going. it's not worth it to me to travel far for 1 show.

I agree here. I went to London and Chicago because they were multi date cities. I live in Ma so i didn't have to travel far to the 2 foxboro shows.

need to know what all my choices are going to be before deciding on a 2010 location. Please let the U2 gods firm up all their dates in the coming week!

also....are the venue maps not online yet, i hope they put them up soon...considering the presale starts tomorrow:ohmy:!
there are a few on ticketmaster now:

Toronto:
30469s_a.gif

Edmonton:
30472s_a.gif

Oakland:
30479s_a.gif

Denver:
30478s_a.gif

<cough> Id expect Fenway Park date(s) announced later<cough>

I really can't see where this would fit. The only eastern 'hole' in the itinerary is July 14th, and the Sox have a home game the next night, which gives them very little time to strike the stage, get everything out of there, AND do whatever rehab the field will need....

I'm so out of the loop. Still trying to recover from the Rose Bowl yesterday :crack:

I see the dates listed on Page 1. When are the presales? And does anyone know if you renew your U2.com membership early (mine isn't due til January), do they extend your membership & get new codes right away?

Lila, I renewed my membership yesterday and I have my new code already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom