2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction based on the latest rumors:

8/06 Rome?
8/07 Rome?
8/10 Frankfurt
8/12 Hannover
8/15 Horsens

8/16 Horsens?
8/19 Helsinki?
8/20 Helsinki
?/?? ???
8/25 Moscow
8/26 Moscow?
8/30 Vienna
9/01 Zurich?
9/03 Athens
9/4or5 Athens or Istanbul?
9/06 Istanbul
9/08 Budapest?
?/?? Israel?
9/15 Munich
9/18 Paris
9/22 Brussels
?/?? Netherlands? I can always hope...
?/?? Madrid?
9/29 Seville
9/30 Seville?
10/2 Coimbra

Strike Madrid from that list and (I think) the Netherlands - football season will be under way, stadiums won't be available. If they are to visit either it will need to be in August.

Hmm, they're doing Paris again and I have it on very good authority that they are doing New Jersey again (at the new stadium), so I would think they'd do the London area again as well. :shrug:

Unsure what my travel abroad plans are yet, except it will likely be a Spanish-speaking country (that's three continents to choose from... )

I have family an hour away from Coimbra in Portugal........... Hm, perhaps its time for a visit around October 2, 2010!!! :hmm::cute:

dübendorf is a military airfield, for concerts they have 4 small stands. aha. :hmm:

lg_zurich.jpg

lg_brussels.jpg

It really is! They haven't been to Budapest since the Zooropa tour :sad:

Seems LN were happy to have the Stones there. Actually if you look at their(Stones) 2007 tour dates they used Parken in Cophenhagen also. Is it actually the infrastructure around some of these places that prevents U2 playing there? ie a problem with the load-in etc?

I want U2 to play Jaz Beach - what a great name:lol:

Seems LN were happy to have the Stones there. Actually if you look at their(Stones) 2007 tour dates they used Parken in Cophenhagen also. Is it actually the infrastructure around some of these places that prevents U2 playing there? ie a problem with the load-in etc?

No, it's definitely not the infrastructure. As far as I know, the owner of the Puskás Stadion and Livenation had some sort of a conflict and couldn't come to an agreement. This was in August, before Madonna's Budapest concert. It would be safe to say that Livenation doesn't want arguments to start all over again with the owner, I guess

I want U2 to play Jaz Beach - what a great name:lol:

Parken Stadium isn't being used for the Danish gig this time around because of soccer schedules.

As for Budapest, if it's not happening now, that may mean another country might get a chance of a gig. After all, Croatia only got a gig this year because Vienna was unavailable.

Parken Stadium isn't being used for the Danish gig this time around because of soccer schedules.

You do actually have to question the wisdom of doing a European stadium tour given the sparsity of stadiums NOT used for football - smack bang when the season starts, especially when festival sites/parks are ruled out:confused:

You do actually have to question the wisdom of doing a European stadium tour given the sparsity of stadiums NOT used for football - smack bang when the season starts, especially when festival sites/parks are ruled out:confused:

It's a U2 touring schedule, so it's not meant to make sense. :wink:

I just want to know the date. And which idiot at U2.com thinks Brussels is a country.

Probably the same idiot who thinks they played Desire in Toronto, Mysterious Ways in Glasgow, debuted Sunday Bloody Sunday in Chicago ...

Looking at the Zurich diagram they may as well put some temporary stands up in my local supermarket car park!

I wonder how much GA they're going to fit in there. :hmm:

Next thing we hear is U2 playing in the middle of lake Geneva! With a floating claw and fans on boats or something like that. :hmm: wait, I'd actually dig that!

Looking at the Zurich diagram they may as well put some temporary stands up in my local supermarket car park!

Yep - I think this might just be a chance for the 360 sound system to be cranked up to 10. If the noise police don't get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom