2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason for the realease of these dates and early on-sales is to gauge the demand and whether multiple shows in certain locations will be required, which may affect other posible dates. Logisitical issues are currently being worked out with regard to UK dates. Ideally, a northern/middle england location such as Manchester would've been preferred but at that time of year Old Trafford and City of Manchester stadiums are unavailable due to Man Utd and Man City football requirements. A Leeds date is still being mulled over. The one definite UK date to be added is a return to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff where the tour DVD will be filmed. The band believe the acoustics and atmosphere generated in Cardiff are unrivalled.

Loving this post :heart: Gives me hope we won't be forgotten :love:

Insider :love:

I am surprised the wait so long to shoot the DVD. Atmosphere-wise, they should definitely film a European show. I'd just like to have the DVD earlier :drool:

The main reason for the realease of these dates and early on-sales is to gauge the demand and whether multiple shows in certain locations will be required, which may affect other posible dates. Logisitical issues are currently being worked out with regard to UK dates. Ideally, a northern/middle england location such as Manchester would've been preferred but at that time of year Old Trafford and City of Manchester stadiums are unavailable due to Man Utd and Man City football requirements. A Leeds date is still being mulled over. The one definite UK date to be added is a return to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff where the tour DVD will be filmed. The band believe the acoustics and atmosphere generated in Cardiff are unrivalled.
Loving this post :heart: Gives me hope we won't be forgotten :love:

Cardiff was incredible. God I hope I can make it next year!!!!!:pray::pray::pray:

I honestly do not think UK or Ireland will be included in this tour. While I think they could do more shows in both, demand was pretty exhausted for the 2009 shows.

DEmand exhausted? Disagree -- sure at least 90,000 who went to one of the 5 shows in the UK will want to go again. I went to 3 of them (both Wembleys and Cardiff) and definitely want to go again - my demand is far from exhausted.

A Leeds date is still being mulled over. .
Liking the rumour but wonders where they'd play. Roundhay Park is a health and safety hazard. Elland Road kinda small but Leeds United I'm sure wouldn't mind the pitch being damaged - very little football being played there at the moment for anyone to care.

The one definite UK date to be added is a return to the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff where the tour DVD will be filmed. The band believe the acoustics and atmosphere generated in Cardiff are unrivalled.
Hopes it's true. Acoustics are surprisingly very good and crowd participation is guaranteed.

probably no dutch shows - increases demand for Hannover and Frankfurt, which u2 would struggle to sell out from the German market alone

only one UK show - 2 at the most - u2 did miraculously to sell as many tickets as they did this summer in a shrinking market

ireland - maybe one show could be possibity, but looking at the schedule its difficult to see where - maybe opening the tour?

budapest and prague looking likely sometime between Istanbul and Munich. don't think that they would play Sarajevo or Split aswell

would expect extra shows in Horsens or Helsinki, Athens, Paris - maybe Moscow but i have no idea about the demand over there

shows in Tel Aviv, Rome (2) and Brussels

25 dates i reckon in total.

probably no dutch shows - increases demand for Hannover and Frankfurt, which u2 would struggle to sell out from the German market alone

only one UK show - 2 at the most - u2 did miraculously to sell as many tickets as they did this summer in a shrinking market

ireland - maybe one show could be possibity, but looking at the schedule its difficult to see where - maybe opening the tour?

budapest and prague looking likely sometime between Istanbul and Munich. don't think that they would play Sarajevo or Split aswell

would expect extra shows in Horsens or Helsinki, Athens, Paris - maybe Moscow but i have no idea about the demand over there

shows in Tel Aviv, Rome (2) and Brussels

25 dates i reckon in total.

Don't forget Zurich (or maybe Basel) - Bono said U2 would visit Switzerland next year.

Don't forget Zurich (or maybe Basel) - Bono said U2 would visit Switzerland next year.

sorry, thought i'd put Zurich in there.

I think it may depend how well the Munich show sells though...

Hey 360Zoo. how are you and how do you know all this? If it's true it could be great. And in that case you will probably also know anything about possible new Dutch shows? thanks.

So will they be in the UK again? I dont know whether to buy European tickets now and travel or just wait until theres UK shows announced?

If the Rome thing is true, I might skip Frankfurt and Hannover, even though I'm afraid getting tickets will be a nightmare to get for Italy. Bying tickets for Milan was horrible. :crazy:

I hope there will be a second show in Vienna and also on in Prague and or/Budapest. That and Munich should be interesting for me.

I hope there will be a second show in Vienna
We'll find out soon enough, as that's one of the first concerts to go on sale. Of the first three (Helsinki, Horsens, and Vienna), I would guess that Horsens would be the most likely to get a second show, if for no other reason than it's the smallest venue they've announced on this tour so far.

Bono said they will play in Switzerland when asked by fans in Berlin.

Maybe they'll wait and see how well Vienna and Munich are selling before they announce a date in Switzerland.

For those that have bought tickets to a show in another country- any tips??? ive exhausted my presale code on this past leg and i don't know how vital presale is for european shows...ive never done a foreign show before and i really want to attend one of the far eastern european shows.

Athens!! :love: oh how I wish it were Jan-April when I'll be there ... seeing U2 while abroad would be completely epic.

Looking forward to the announcement of US dates :up:

Its great that concerts are announced early as it gives ample time to work out where and when you want to go. Problem is most airlines and some hotels wont let you book anywhere this far in advance. Defeats the object a bit really:lol:

How frustratingly true. But it sure does get the ol pulse racing a bit!

Moscow, Athens, Istanbul ... Yes please!

Some may even rival Zagreb! ;)

I'd also look forward to Helsinki. Absolutely, positively every single Finnish person I have ever met in London has been completely, surreally, barking bonkers. I can't imagine a whole stadium full of em!

Rome, huh? :hmm:

So far, my concert schedule will be something like:

Rome (if it happens)
(Hannover)
Horsens (x2)
Vienna
.... and Japan (December 2010?)

I had tickets for scheduled Yokohama concert in 2006, and they cancelled it :sad:
I had even met Bono four weeks before and said "See you in Japan" to him and everything!
This will be my revenge. :evil:

Japan! :heart:_:heart: i hope they go there, would be a great excuse to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom