What is your FAVORITE part of the show this tour? SPOILERS INSIDE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
I figure it'd be nice to have a positive vibes thread about what people love about the tour.

One of my favorites is the simultaneously pleasant and awesome surprise of Bono singing the "Ultraviolet" in the chorus of, well, Ultraviolet. Previously this was Edge only but now he's doing it and it just hits me and I love it.

I also love the visuals this tour.

I'm totally digging the energy of SBS and the green lights, also.

Crazy Tonight remix live is great too. :up:

Ultraviolet!! I've always liked this song but since it's never been given much attention I kinda forgot about it. Now it's one of my top 5 U2 songs! I totally dig the whole thing with the weird lights and the suit and everything. On Vertigo, I always kinda spaced out towards the end of the show b/c I'd get tired and it sometimes seemed like they were just playing random songs, the show didn't really "flow", but now w/ UV in the encore I get so pumped. Also, I've never been a fan of Bono's vocals circa AB/ZooTV so I'm thrilled to have a better version of this song.

I also love the Crazy remix. I was skeptical at first but being there in person, it is so much fun.

the crazy remix is the highlight of every show for me... funny really because I hate the original!

"Ultraviolet" is definitely the highlight for me. I've wanted to hear that song live for a long time, so it's always a joy to hear it.

The "Crazy" remix is fantastic. I don't really like the album version, but the tribal remix is uplifting.

I like the change they made on the NA leg following Archbishop Desmond Tutu's message by playing "One", "Amazing Grace", and "Streets". That's a fantastic trifecta.

I was elated to hear "Stay" in Dublin 3. 82,000 people signing along and then doing "Oh oh" after they finished was extremely moving. There wasn't a single dry eye around me in the pit.

Oh, the Claw is fantastic. Wish the stage was a little bit lower, but the entire Claw is a marvelous structure.

Definitely Ultraviolet. Love the way Bono sings the second verse high instead of low like the first verse. This is the way the song always should have been! And love the mike and the swinging, and just everything about it. Perfect.

Biggest surprise was certainly how much fun Crazy Tonight remix was. Having seen it on Youtube, was not overly impressed, experiencing it on the RZ rail was an absolute blast.

I like Vertigo, Bono gets all worked up..like he wants to knock someone out.
Blue Room
Ultra Violet

when he pulls up kids during COBL.

and..

THE
UNFORGETTABLE
FIRE

:up:

This is a dream moment come true for me.

While I was quite pleased to see it return, it wasn't as good as when I saw it in 1985. I'm not crazy with the little change Bongo threw in with the "Stay now...stay now..." bit, hurts the flow a little. And on the UF tour, Larry's drum crashes were insanely loud and very cool.
But still a highlight of the show.

Some of my favorites were:
"Crazy" Remix- so much fun and so much great use of the ramps by all of them

"Stuck in a Moment"- absolutely loved the acoustic guitar and just a great performance

"Moment of Surrender"- was nonchalant about this song before the concert, but Bono just belted this song with so much passion and energy; one of my favorites now

"Beautiful Day"- so much energy in the crowd

LOVED the claw of course, and loved when Bono sang on the bridge right next to us, during "Magnificent". Also liked when he sang "City of Blinding Lights" to the young girl (Foxboro night 1)- very sweet.

dancing like a fool to Crazy Tonight

singing along to Unknown Caller

Unforgettable Fire and COBL, just for the beauty of The Claw

Streets (as usual)

Ultraviolet and Bono's steering wheel antics

Please don't make me choose just one! :sad:

I knew that UF was on the setlist....but was not prepared for my emotional reaction..I was a sobbing mess. :sad: That song is so beautiful and dear to me.

And I don't care what anyone says: I LOVE LOVE LOVE ELEVATION!!!!!!!

I knew that UF was on the setlist....but was not prepared for my emotional reaction..I was a sobbing mess. :sad: That song is so beautiful and dear to me.

And I don't care what anyone says: I LOVE LOVE LOVE ELEVATION!!!!!!!

I'm softening on my attitude about Elevation. I'm not a huge fan of AYCLB in general, but after seeing how fans responded to this song on Thursday, I like it much more. The fans were almost crazed with joy as they danced and sang along...any song that makes people so happy is obviously special!

1)Ultraviolet- everything about it--awesome!

2)The way UV goes into WOWY with the flecks of light spinning around the stadium.

3)Crazy remix-- completely wild & different

4) Stay & Your Blue Room.

5) MOS ending the show

6) everything. :cute:

I'm echoing most of the replies here but

a) Unforgettable Fire (I love the Stay Now part so for me this version is my favourite)
b) Crazy Remix (although I'd like to experience it close to the catwalk as I've only been up front in the pit)
c) Ultraviolet

You can also tell Bono really loves Unknown Caller.

Back
Top Bottom