What is your FAVORITE part of the show this tour? SPOILERS INSIDE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ultraviolet
Moment of Surrender
No Line On The Horizon
One (seems to have come back to life on this tour)
COBL

when it started to get dark and the screen came down for The Unforgettable Fire... just special... and everything about Ultraviolet and With or Without You too *ducks flying tomatoes* :D

I'm still in awe of The Claw. I doubt we'll see much be able to top this for a long long time.

I also love the good balance of fan favorites, new songs, and crowd pleasers. Until they dropped UC, I had no nagging complaints, even though Pride and Bullet, two of my favorite U2 songs, are not being played this time around.

I'm still remembering the Toronto shows. Just amazing, really.

Must be Ultraviolet... I liked the song before, but after my near-orgasmic experience of it at the Atlanta show, I can't get it out of my mind!!!

goat

P.S. I am SOOOO glad they dropped Pride... I've ALWAYS hated that song... the guitars are just too loud!!!

Please, do tell!

:wink:

Ha ha... naw, I was in the circle, and the lights, the effects, the dancing-myself-into-a-frenzy.... felt almost like I was about to levitate right up to the ceiling! Hell, that beats quite a few of my 'bedtime stories', if you get my meaning };)~

goat

Crazy Tonight remix and the intro of Streets, goosebumps.

Oh and at Amsterdam II, when UTEOTW started after One was played so strangely early.

My favorite things about this tour:

Having seen it twice in person
Stadiums
The stage
The space theme
The album it supports
Space Oddity
Kingdom
Breathe
Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways (I don't care how tired it sounds)
Beautiful Day
No Line On The Horizon
Your Blue Room
In A Little While
Until The End Of The World
Stay
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
Crazy Tonight Remix / Sunday Bloody Sunday - SING FOR YOUR SANITY
MLK / Walk On
One / Hear Us Coming / Amazing Grace / Streets
Bad, when it's played
Ultraviolet
With or Without You, on the odd nights that it sounds really good (see: Dublin 3)
Moment of Surrender :heart:
Interference Setlist Parties
Snippets
Bono's insanely amazing voice
Bono's stage antics on UV/WOWY, and how well they fit into the show
AstroZooBaby
Larry's seemingly-renewed awesomeness (listen to his drumming on recent versions of UTEOTW, for instance)
Adam's... uhh... general craziness.
Edge's always-perfection.
Among other things.

YouTube - Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

My favourite part of the show(s) was finding my way back to rock n roll heaven. That sacred place where you exist only in the moment, transcending space and time in the euphoria of a connection with the band, the audience and the sound.

I honestly thought I'd already experienced all the magic U2 had to offer me - and believe me, I've had more than my fair share of pure U2 magic!

While I love the new album, I loathe stadiums. The European setlists were boring and I kept hoping they'd actually slip in Drowning Man, which would have made the show for me but it didn't happen. So I figured that's that then, my U2 bucket is full. Other than a few photos of the Claw, which was visually cool but also a bit creepy, I avoided clips and reviews. It just didn't seem like it could possibly measure up to my admittedly high expectations.

Fast forward to Space Oddity, I was in shock. Didn't know that was the intro and I'm a looooong time Bowie freak. Knowing that Rocket Man was the outro (also a 70s Elton John fan), watching the Claw smokin' from its foundations ready for takeoff, the penny dropped...the Claw is a spaceship and taking us on a two hour journey out of this world. Brilliant really. Visually stunning.

A few songs into Tor1 Bono introduced his bandmates in a way I don't recall ever seeing...took his time, playfully described each of them with humour and affection. Overcome by the feeling that it was a kind of goodbye, tears streamed down my face. The only other time I'd ever cried at a concert was when Bono belted out the opera section of Miss Sarajevo 10 feet from me last rour. So raw and passionate and clearly done for his dad. Following night on the outside rail watching the little boy (who looked like one of Bono's little guys) during the entirety of COBL, the tears streamed again lol.

U2 live for me has always been an incredibly powerful often spiritual experience but sentimental? That was new. Unexpected. Maybe it was me and my pms, who knows lol.

The spectacle of the Claw and the initmacy of the spontaneous moments made the stadium work for me. Beautifully. Totally unexpected and truly didn't think it was possible.

Your Blue Room. Surprise! Bah, forget Drowning Man...

Crazy remix was fabulously POPesque...

Unknown Caller, gorgeous on the album but has that extra sonic je ne sais quoi live that can fill even the largest of spaces...

Stuck acoustic. Do NOT like this song but surprisingly 60k others did enough to sing along in unison and move it to another level...

Ultraviolet. One of my all-time faves that I've been spoiled by hearing live as often as I wish thanks to Elevation so I didn't truly appreciate its presence on the tour until I actually saw it. Bono singing the UV part, giant GOOSEBUMPS...

Posse of U2GTAers lining the rail under the CN Tower light show. Perfection and synchronicity. Not to mention Bono's first sighting of us all on his way by, rockin the catwalk and bumping into his mic stand. :lol:

Sorry if this was more like a review, but really, my favourite part was being taken to a place I thought I may not experience again with this band and the little surprises and moments that brought me there. :heart:

Dump "Stuck in a Moment" for "Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BABYFACE was the highlight, "SPACE...JUNK"!

Bittersweet boy won't you give me a taste.

Pull me in, push me away.
Pull me in, push me away.

Dizzy.

But not confused.

Just Breathe.

YouTube - Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

My favourite part of the show(s) was finding my way back to rock n roll heaven. That sacred place where you exist only in the moment, transcending space and time in the euphoria of a connection with the band, the audience and the sound.

I honestly thought I'd already experienced all the magic U2 had to offer me - and believe me, I've had more than my fair share of pure U2 magic!

While I love the new album, I loathe stadiums. The European setlists were boring and I kept hoping they'd actually slip in Drowning Man, which would have made the show for me but it didn't happen. So I figured that's that then, my U2 bucket is full. Other than a few photos of the Claw, which was visually cool but also a bit creepy, I avoided clips and reviews. It just didn't seem like it could possibly measure up to my admittedly high expectations.

Fast forward to Space Oddity, I was in shock. Didn't know that was the intro and I'm a looooong time Bowie freak. Knowing that Rocket Man was the outro (also a 70s Elton John fan), watching the Claw smokin' from its foundations ready for takeoff, the penny dropped...the Claw is a spaceship and taking us on a two hour journey out of this world. Brilliant really. Visually stunning.

A few songs into Tor1 Bono introduced his bandmates in a way I don't recall ever seeing...took his time, playfully described each of them with humour and affection. Overcome by the feeling that it was a kind of goodbye, tears streamed down my face. The only other time I'd ever cried at a concert was when Bono belted out the opera section of Miss Sarajevo 10 feet from me last rour. So raw and passionate and clearly done for his dad. Following night on the outside rail watching the little boy (who looked like one of Bono's little guys) during the entirety of COBL, the tears streamed again lol.

U2 live for me has always been an incredibly powerful often spiritual experience but sentimental? That was new. Unexpected. Maybe it was me and my pms, who knows lol.

The spectacle of the Claw and the initmacy of the spontaneous moments made the stadium work for me. Beautifully. Totally unexpected and truly didn't think it was possible.

Your Blue Room. Surprise! Bah, forget Drowning Man...

Crazy remix was fabulously POPesque...

Unknown Caller, gorgeous on the album but has that extra sonic je ne sais quoi live that can fill even the largest of spaces...

Stuck acoustic. Do NOT like this song but surprisingly 60k others did enough to sing along in unison and move it to another level...

Ultraviolet. One of my all-time faves that I've been spoiled by hearing live as often as I wish thanks to Elevation so I didn't truly appreciate its presence on the tour until I actually saw it. Bono singing the UV part, giant GOOSEBUMPS...

Posse of U2GTAers lining the rail under the CN Tower light show. Perfection and synchronicity. Not to mention Bono's first sighting of us all on his way by, rockin the catwalk and bumping into his mic stand. :lol:

Sorry if this was more like a review, but really, my favourite part was being taken to a place I thought I may not experience again with this band and the little surprises and moments that brought me there. :heart:

I read this and was absolutely riveted. Thank you so much for writing all that out!! :hug:

I did not do my homework before this show so I had no idea what the set would look or sound like.

I ADORED Ultraviolet! WOW AMAZING. I loved the light effects. I loved how the Space baby graphics started the whole thing.

Also always love when they do end of the world live. I love the tention in that song and the bridge movement was cool!

Finally saw the show and I can say Crazy Tonight and the Astro Zoo Baby chit chat :heart:

Loved seeing the astro baby before Ultra Violet. Being able to see Streets live for the first time was an awesome experience!
It was also awesome to see how the claw was utilized!

For me definitely the Crazy Tonight remix, loved it from the first time I heard it in Barcelona. Another highlight was Unknown Caller. Hearing Your Blue Room in Chicago 2 was another great moment just for the feeling of hearing something totally unexpected and not hearing Pride at Chicago 2 was definitely a thrill for me.

Personally, I've enjoyed all of the shows I attended tremendously. Never imagined this stadium tour could rival the arenas, but it has so far.

Crazy Tonight remix and the intro of Streets, goosebumps.

This. I had a blast during the Crazy remix, and don't get tired of Streets live. Also, I found Bono's Amazing Grace snippet unexpectedly moving.

And, connecting with others who are similarly moved and inspired - sharing the experience is one of the best things for me about U2 shows.

While I knew about the set list thanks to this forum, I didn't realize the show started with "Space Oddity" and the smoke from the spaceship! That was great.

Because I did do some homework before the show, I was happy to hear "Magnificent", my favorite song from NLOTH. And because I'm a big Achtung Baby fan, I was also thrilled to hear "Until the End of the World".

What touched me more than anything, though, was the feeling of unity and oneness that I experienced at The Rose Bowl with almost 100,000 other people as we sang "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". A rare moment of sheer beauty! :hug:

A few songs into Tor1 Bono introduced his bandmates in a way I don't recall ever seeing...took his time, playfully described each of them with humour and affection. Overcome by the feeling that it was a kind of goodbye, tears streamed down my face.

:sad:

Warm vibes to Bono on a speedy, full and painless recovery. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom