September 24, 2009 - Giants Stadium New York - New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meeting Bono Video

Hey all - thats my video! My husband recorded it.

Mari - very cool that you got a hug - if you have ANY pictures or come across any please please let me know. I am looking for some from people who were on the other side of the street.

SMB- Anytime. I saw you getting pushed back in the crowd and that just wasn't cool. Its happened to me before and I know people get wrapped up in the moment of Bono standing right in front of them. I'd much rather have good people around me.

OMG! I was looking right at you because the girl you were with I thought was Laura and then I saw a little better and realized it wasn't but I kept looking at you!!!!! I was taking a picture of Brian and look who turned up!

romi037.jpg

You got some great shots!

Rules on cameras?

Can some of the fans who posted pictures let me know what kind of cameras you brought in? Did security check or care what kind of camera you had? My husband is planning to bring our camera with us to the show, but he's wondering if he has to use a point and shoot, or if he can bring in one of his more professional looking Nikons... Any feedback would be appreciated!

Cameras

I use a Lumi DSC-z21 and its awesome. No professional Nikon style cameras are allowed. Lots of people being told to put them away. Only the point and shoot cameras were allowed in.

Ohhhh so funny how you were right there, what number where you on line?

I was second for that show. Jen was first.

Can some of the fans who posted pictures let me know what kind of cameras you brought in? Did security check or care what kind of camera you had? My husband is planning to bring our camera with us to the show, but he's wondering if he has to use a point and shoot, or if he can bring in one of his more professional looking Nikons... Any feedback would be appreciated!

I brought a slim point and shoot, but some people brought more professional pocket-sized cameras.

Hey all - thats my video! My husband recorded it.

Mari - very cool that you got a hug - if you have ANY pictures or come across any please please let me know. I am looking for some from people who were on the other side of the street.

SMB- Anytime. I saw you getting pushed back in the crowd and that just wasn't cool. Its happened to me before and I know people get wrapped up in the moment of Bono standing right in front of them. I'd much rather have good people around me.

Please thank your husband for me - the video is awesome - what a memory to have.

I only have a few pics. I have to see if my friends have some also that I can forward to you. Can I e-mail them to you? My e-mail is margar17@verizon.net

Mari

Jen started the line at 2:30 p.m. the day before... though yechnically, I was there since 3 p.m. the day before that:)

how did we stay first and second? It helps to have a friend who is very fast and well conditioned for the 140-yard sprint. There is no way we could have had those spots had he not made it into the pit first.

Mari - Thanks!

Thank you so much, Mari! I sent you an email. Any pix you can send to me would be great!!! I would love to see them especially since I think you were on the opposite side of the street!!!

point and shoot. for boston the official word was, "only cameras with lenses less than 4 inches". I'll be honest, I saw some sophisticated-looking cameras in the pit. I brought a Sony DSC-HX1, which is a point and shoot and NOT an SLR, but it's much bigger than the compact cameras. There were times when I was really nervous that they wouldn't let me in with it, but I was okay in Dublin, Boston and Jersey.

Last edited:
Jen started the line at 2:30 p.m. the day before... though yechnically, I was there since 3 p.m. the day before that:)

how did we stay first and second? It helps to have a friend who is very fast and well conditioned for the 140-yard sprint. There is no way we could have had those spots had he not made it into the pit first.

Insane!!!!:sexywink:

if you guys are choosing my classic face... you could do much worse. So thanks.

:up: Awesome shot, Shawn!! And why was Smurf so nicely dressed? He's usually in a leather jacket. Maybe they just came back from a UN function... with the NYC mayor...

I think both of them were at the Clinton event in NY before they came to the stadium, hence the clothing.

Very nice shot indeed, congrats :up:!

I love the cellphone picture. I love how folks were decently calm when Bono arrived. NOICE!

People were not calm haha... A group of people ran over when they saw him walking and ruined it for us. He got crowded and left

SMB

Romi, here are more pics of you and Jen that I took from my seat on Thursday. Laura, I think you're on the first picture too.
000rc306

I see me! :)
(with the orange Bono cap :p )

And lauramullen is there too (the brunette on the right at the railing).

8526_139270248269_508118269_2505553_3948077_n.jpg

8526_139270378269_508118269_2505573_4045748_n.jpg

8526_139270423269_508118269_2505580_1626250_n.jpg

8526_139270493269_508118269_2505590_7917628_n.jpg

8526_139270548269_508118269_2505598_7036453_n.jpg

8526_139270578269_508118269_2505603_2851126_n.jpg

8526_139270583269_508118269_2505604_6026845_n.jpg

If I can find a host for it, I've made a pretty sweet 20 minute HD video of their performance from the inner circle. I also have the whole show (minus the first minute or two of "Breathe") recorded with my voice recorder in pretty decent quality. =)

Back
Top Bottom