September 20, 2009 - Gilette Stadium Foxboro - Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ditto! Love the photos! Adam is just the coolest guy ever. hands down. :adam:
And yes, I'm in withdrawal...I just want to go to another show soo badly! Any last minute flights to DC?? haha i wish....I just hope they announce the second leg of NA tour dates soon and somewhere close to Boston better be there :pray: otherwise I will just cry! :sad:
I know- I'm having withdrawals to. I even looked into driving down to Florida. I can't wait til they announce the NA dates.

Shall we start a U2 withdrawal support group? I'm so jealous of people who go to several shows each tour--I just can't do it anymore with kids!

Shall we start a U2 withdrawal support group? I'm so jealous of people who go to several shows each tour--I just can't do it anymore with kids!
We should start a support group. I know what you mean about being jealous of people who get to follow them- for me it's a catch 22. If I wasn't out of work, I could afford to travel to the next show or two, but I know that once I am working I won't be able to drop everything and go. But I guess where there's a will there's a way. I'm just reeeeeally keeping my fingers crossed that they come back through New England, preferably Boston.

110.jpg

[/IMG]

Love this Laura.

:)
<>

It's been 8 days. :sigh:

Can I just say it was a thrill to see New Year's Day played live? :love: This was one of the highlights of this show for me.

Yeah! I'm totally for the U2 withdrawal support group! :up:
How are we going to get our fixes? I'm listening to the live concert of Gillette Sunday night that I downloaded...AMAZING :love:. Except Bono actually sounds a little off on some of the songs, which I didn't notice at the concert. Oh well, they can't be perfect! But after listening to the concert several times, I have to say that without a doubt, the best performances were: "Moment of Surrender", "Ultraviolet", and "Stuck in a Moment." And I LOVE hearing the audience sing during "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"....geez I need to start using those abbreviations...

Oh yeah, and I just ordered the 360 tour track jacket...w/ my 25% off U2 membership coupon! I had completely forgotten about that! :hyper:

How are we going to get our fixes? I'm listening to the live concert of Gillette Sunday night that I downloaded...AMAZING :love:. Except Bono actually sounds a little off on some of the songs, which I didn't notice at the concert. Oh well, they can't be perfect! But after listening to the concert several times, I have to say that without a doubt, the best performances were: "Moment of Surrender", "Ultraviolet", and "Stuck in a Moment." And I LOVE hearing the audience sing during "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"....geez I need to start using those abbreviations...

Oh yeah, and I just ordered the 360 tour track jacket...w/ my 25% off U2 membership coupon! I had completely forgotten about that! :hyper:
If you don't mind my asking, where did you find the concert download!? I've been wanting to get a hold of that- I figure it will ease the withdrawals at least til they announce the next leg. I'm not a live bootleg kinda gal, but I want it to remember my first U2 concert by (like I'll ever forget it!).

Can I just say it was a thrill to see New Year's Day played live? :love: This was one of the highlights of this show for me.

I agree with you....this was one of the first U2 songs I fell in love with back when I was in High School it brings back so many memories! It was great hearing it played live again!

BTW: I noticed in your sig that you were at the Somerville show--me too--It took weeks for me to come down after that experience!

Yes I was at the Somerville show! It was amazing!

I'm going to post pics from 9/20. Wish I had taken some during the 9/21 show, but oh well.

These were taken during Crazy Tonight:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTUuanBn-1.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTYuanBn.jpg

Some shots of the screen:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTguanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTAuanBn.jpg

Bono pulled up this little girl during City of Blinding Lights :cute:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDIuanBn.jpg

Bono's walking over to me. :giggle:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODguanBn.jpg

Chillin' in the claw before U2 takes the stage

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODEuanBn.jpg

Had some serious withdrawals after the two Boston shows. I hadn't been to a U2 concert in 20 years-I didn;t really go to a lot of concerts, period. But I was reminded, in a big way, why I loved U2 all those years ago!
I'm going to Vegas in three weeks.....:reject:
:D:hyper::hyper::D

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find the concert download!? I've been wanting to get a hold of that- I figure it will ease the withdrawals at least til they announce the next leg. I'm not a live bootleg kinda gal, but I want it to remember my first U2 concert by (like I'll ever forget it!).

U2torrents.com Yeah I never really download live bootlegs, but for U2 I just couldn't resist! This was my first U2 concert too! I just entered some contest to win tix to Las Vegas show, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to win, I can feel it! :hyper:

I just want to say that my first U2 show was better that I could have dreamed of. I can't wait to go to my next one. It was really great to meet everyone at Stoneforge, and thanks to all of you for being so nice to a newbie. Everyone in line was so nice and it really made the experience for me. Also, thanks, Dave, for letting me stow my bag in your car during the show. have fun on the rest of the tour, and I'll see you all on the next North American leg (keep your fingers crossed), or sooner if I win the lottery!

It was nice meeting you to Nell(e). Such great memories.

Youtube Police disabled my audio track (City of Blinding Lights), those jerks, but here's the video of the GA line going in on Sunday night. The first girl in, up front, is thrilled, so funny! Maybe you'll see yourself?
YouTube - U2 Boston GA line opening 9/20 Gillette Stadium

Strange-audio seems to play when viewed here-we'll see how long it lasts.

I saw myself. It felt like I was running a lot faster than it looks on video. Thanks for posting this.

I just wish there was a better bootleg of Bos 2 out there. The one I have is OK but not great.

U2torrents.com Yeah I never really download live bootlegs, but for U2 I just couldn't resist! This was my first U2 concert too! I just entered some contest to win tix to Las Vegas show, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to win, I can feel it! :hyper:

U2start is a bit easier to manage if you're not familiar with working with torrents. They have both Bos 1 and 2.

So jealous of you....we seriously considered it, but have a family wedding to go to that weekend-we would have been in a wee bit of trouble if we chose
U2 instead!:ohmy:
it was a pretty impulsive decision I have to say. I had a weeks worth of vacation days left to take, someone on this board sold me ga's for face value, I got a flight for about $350. Not cheap but not too bad. And the sienna hotel is close enough to walk to the stadium so no rental car which is the ultimate money- sucker. Plus I've never been to Vegas. I don't really gamble. I'll play $50 and once it's gone I'm done. ;). And everyone on this board sounds like a lot of fun and welcoming so I went for it. :applaud:

I saw myself. It felt like I was running a lot faster than it looks on video. Thanks for posting this.

You probably were running faster than this shows. The video doesn't show the distance well. I did the ga run the next night. I have dreams about having lead feet when it's time to go in , :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom