September 17th, 2009: Toronto (show 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DSCN5908.jpg

Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank all of you for the various photos, videos and stories in this thread. This was such an awesome night and I'm glad most other people felt the same way! I had to jet out on a trip just a couple days after the show and so I've been playing catch-up on all the post-concert material.

I still can't believe I ended up just feet away from the stage. I didn't get to the Dome until a little after 6, and I wondered what you had to do to get in there. I just started asking the security people and they kept passing me along until eventually I found myself right in front of Adam Clayton. I didn't want to spoil the show and so I had been avoiding EVERYTHING to do with it, and so I still wasn't sure if they were doing the random scanning thing with the tickets as with Vertigo. I never made it to the centre last tour, so I was beyond excited!

I'm really glad I managed to resist reading anything ahead of time - the show was so much better when I had no idea what they were going to play. Especially Ultraviolet. I had no idea at all it was coming, and to hear that song live with the whole light show and display was spectacular.

So when can we do that again? :D

Agreed. Thank God for the Internet so we can relive our experiences :) OK, I was really close to Adam and did anyone else notice how happy he was at the show? He was so giddy, like he was trying to contain his excitement/happiness. It was super cute :D

And, is Toronto likely in the yet to be announced possible North American tour dates in 2010?

I think they would go to Montreal instead, assuming they can fit the Claw in Olympic Stadium.

I was talking to a guy in the GA line from Montreal and he told me that Olympic Stadium is too much of a piece of shit now to have a show in. He also said they cant take the roof off anymore which might be an issue

I was talking to a guy in the GA line from Montreal and he told me that Olympic Stadium is too much of a piece of shit now to have a show in. He also said they cant take the roof off anymore which might be an issue

The Big O is indeed not a great place anymore. However, that won't stop Montrealers and U2 fans from heading to the monstrosity to see a show. Montreal fans are fantastic and I would be surprised if the band bypassed Montreal, given that the band has acknowledged that Montreal has the loudest fans.

They may not be able to get the roof off for the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, but that definitely has not stopped them from using it as a rock concert venue.

There were more than 50,000 AC/DC fans that attended the show for August 8, 2009 at the Olympic Stadium. Wish that I could have been there for that AWESOME show. Really hope AC/DC will do a Toronto show for this tour. Saw them in July 2003 at Downsview Park, when they came on just before Rolling Stones for the SARSFEST concert. They blew away the Rolling Stones and stole their thunder from them that night. Anyone else attend the SARS benefit concert here?

Anyway, U2 better include Montreal because the crowd really does have the loudest roar in Canada. Attended back to back shows for Depeche Mode in July for both cities Toronto and Montreal. WOW, what a fucking difference the crowd was in Montreal.

Montreal lover for life!!!

i was in section 119 on night 2, I was drunk as F*** that night and had a great time. I took a few shots at the start of the night and the end of the night, so I'll upload them shortly.

Night 1 I was as sober as a mormon near Adam on the outside rail with 2 of my cousins. I wore my Zoo York hoodie and on night 1 Bono stared right at me as I egged him on as he approached me from the bridge after it moved to its first position in the night. At least I thought he recognized me when I motioned him to move forward. haha. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I wasnt trying to be down on Montreal. I've only ever heard good things. From what the guy was telling me of the stadium, I pictured the walls crumbling and holes in the roof. If its still fit for a show, then I hope the Montreal fans get one

i was in section 119 on night 2, I was drunk as F*** that night and had a great time. I took a few shots at the start of the night and the end of the night, so I'll upload them shortly.

Night 1 I was as sober as a mormon near Adam on the outside rail with 2 of my cousins. I wore my Zoo York hoodie and on night 1 Bono stared right at me as I egged him on as he approached me from the bridge after it moved to its first position in the night. At least I thought he recognized me when I motioned him to move forward. haha. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Well if he didn't see you, I saw you in your Zoo York hoodie :lol:

i have to ask....did you catch me on night 1 or night 2 in my crazy state?

(and an advanced apology if i seemed like a dumbass)

Night 1 you were walking down towards the floor and your shirt caught my eye. We were on the aisle/7th row in 113C where the GA people were entering and exiting.

No bad behavior spotted :lol:

haha, we got to the outside rail close to adam and managed to strike up a conversation with a security guard (older lady) who was about 4 foot 11. i told her she was about as tall as bono, and gave her advise to wear ear plugs - the big bass subwoofers would be pounding right behind her. the hired guards were from hamilton, ontario if anyone was wondering.

I'd be shocked if they didn't, although it's good to have semi-solid confirmation of that.

Did any other two show stand sell out as quickly as Toronto did? Maybe NYC, but other than that?

Does anyone here who works at the Rogers Centre or another source have the official attendance numbers for both night 1 and night 2 in Toronto?

Thought I read somewhere that U2 broke the concert attendance record set by the Rolling Stones when it was Skydome.

Back
Top Bottom