September 17th, 2009: Toronto (show 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curious how TO2 compared to other U2 shows in other cities during this tour? Anyone been to any other cities on the tour who can answer that?

I know Bono said "there is nothing we can say to that." after Streets. Does he usually say anything like that?

Curious how TO2 compared to other U2 shows in other cities during this tour? Anyone been to any other cities on the tour who can answer that?

I know Bono said "there is nothing we can say to that." after Streets. Does he usually say anything like that?

I've been to a few shows (not as many as most), but the TO2 show was the first one I've been to where everyone was clapping during the fading of Streets and the majority were jumping when the opening crescendos. At other shows, there are always a few people, including myself, who initiate the clapping and are hoping to jump, but most are just standing and waiting for the crescendo.

Anyway, the TO2 show was a great experience and something I won't forget. Here's another video of the crowd that is on Youtube:

YouTube - U2—Where the Streets Have No Name—Live @ Roger Centre Toronto 2009-09-17

If I had to guess, given what I heard about how quiet things were night 1 and how frustrated Bono was getting, I'd say they were probably just appreciative of the crowd on night 2.

Well, that and the fact that we are totally teh awesome. :wink:

Btw, way to break the forum people. :tsk:

Awesome pics, chyland

I need to get a new camera, mine's ancient

Actually, these were from Toronto I. Accidently put them in wrong forum. However, I saw your videos, and I believe u were just behind me to my right on Toronto II. I was on the rail with a brunette...

and I just recently got the camera...has all the lastest bells and whistles, with HD video...

Panasonic Lumix DMC ZR1...very good value for what you get

Actually, these were from Toronto I. Accidently put them in wrong forum. However, I saw your videos, and I believe u were just behind me to my right on Toronto II. I was on the rail with a brunette...

outside rail? I was one off the rail behind a guy and girl. Were you talking about an accident involving tripping and scrapes with people around you? Were you number 50 in line?

Back
Top Bottom