September 17th, 2009: Toronto (show 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The beginning of the show, with Space Oddity and the way the smoke started filling the arena gave me chills. Anyone else notice that the lights on the CN tower were synced with the lighting for the opening of the show??? How cool was that??!?!
... the only thing I could even say negative is that I dont think Moment of Surrender is a good closer :( Great song live, just not for the last song)
Yes, I did notice the CN tower was in sync with the opening!!! On The Edge 102. whatever interview, The Edge asked who was playing the CN Tower!!:lol:

And I agree with you re: MOS as a closer.

Wow... I seriously even re-read the post, trying to ascertain if he was going that route... swing and a miss.

Trying to jump into a community here... blew the audition!

Well, when it comes to Uberbeaver, assume he's being sarcastic at all times and you'll rarely misinterpret him. :)

Welcome to interference and welcome to the fray.

In your defense, you really have to get a feel for the characters in here to know when someone is being sarcastic. I can think of a few people who could've written the same thing and meant it with a straight face. It wont take long to figure out who the funny ones are

Seemed strange that we couldn't see the CN Tower from the circle (one of the highlights of the night before, for sure).

Really? I was against the front rail in the inner circle on the first night and had no problem seeing the Tower. The lights definitely seemed synched with the music at times -I heard they're currently holding a competition for best lightshow so perhaps that was someone's idea.

Having the CN Tower all lit up in a DVD would be gorgeous :yes:

hey ladywiththespinninghead. I guess i missed you in line on the 17th. I was walking around with an interference plackard. I met Marcou and travestre and steve and keith and the guy who worte the book. Missed you.

Heres my pics (very good quality)

Had a great time at the concert got into the inner pit on the outer rail with my DSLR. Ultraviolet was the highpoint for me as well. Click on the link to see my slideshow of my pics

U2 Toronto Rogers Centre September 17 2009

Heres a teaser

3932174231_c142d4b84c_b.jpg

hey ladywiththespinninghead. I guess i missed you in line on the 17th. I was walking around with an interference plackard. I met Marcou and travestre and steve and keith and the guy who worte the book. Missed you.

Yes, indeed, too bad.
I didn't line up on the 17th, I wasn't feeling so well. I did line up on the 16th and had the pleasure of meeting Vintage Punk, BoMac, Mia, Kafrun, Bonoishot and funnily enough ElevatedU2fan happened to be sitting right beside me in line. Next time! :yes:

What an amazing first GA experience this was. We showed up around 6pm, late because I forgot my ticket (!!!!) in the hotel room. Thankfully the cab driver sped back to the hotel and I rushed to the 33 floor to get my ticket :lol: It actually worked out quite well because we missed the initial rush of the gates opening, so said the ticket taker. Even with the ramp down to the gate empty, it is still quite a rush walking down and then stepping onto the field.

We had planned to head for the outer rail on Adam's side behind the red zone, because it was pretty empty the night before pre u2 taking the stage. However, there was plenty of free space on Edge's side behind the RZ. I don't think anyone was standing behind me until Snow Patrol started.

For me being on the short side (5'3), not only was the rail the best thing ever, but being behind the red zone folks was perfect. There was a decent amount of empty space between me and the RZer's heads. I was only occasionally obstructed by people walking back and forth getting beer. Red Zoner's are also great for people watching to pass the time until the show starts :shifty:

From my view, the CN Tower lined up perfectly with the claw. It was amazing to take it in like it was part of the show. It must have been cool to be going up and down the elevator of the tower while the show was going on.

Toronto is such an awesome city, I wish I didn't have GA hangover on my last night here. I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to meet any Interference people like I wanted to.

What an amazing first GA experience this was. We showed up around 6pm, late because I forgot my ticket (!!!!) in the hotel room. Thankfully the cab driver sped back to the hotel and I rushed to the 33 floor to get my ticket :lol: It actually worked out quite well because we missed the initial rush of the gates opening, so said the ticket taker. Even with the ramp down to the gate empty, it is still quite a rush walking down and then stepping onto the field.

We had planned to head for the outer rail on Adam's side behind the red zone, because it was pretty empty the night before pre u2 taking the stage. However, there was plenty of free space on Edge's side behind the RZ. I don't think anyone was standing behind me until Snow Patrol started.

For me being on the short side (5'3), not only was the rail the best thing ever, but being behind the red zone folks was perfect. There was a decent amount of empty space between me and the RZer's heads. I was only occasionally obstructed by people walking back and forth getting beer. Red Zoner's are also great for people watching to pass the time until the show starts :shifty:

From my view, the CN Tower lined up perfectly with the claw. It was amazing to take it in like it was part of the show. It must have been cool to be going up and down the elevator of the tower while the show was going on.

Toronto is such an awesome city, I wish I didn't have GA hangover on my last night here. I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to meet any Interference people like I wanted to.

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually starting to regret having seats for both of my shows because GA sounds like a good experience... well most of the time anyway. I see that you're from Boston. Will you be at either of the upcoming shows at Gillette?

Went to both nights in Toronto. For show 2, my friend
Sara and I were 367 & 368 in line. We decided to forgo
the inner circle GA and try for a rail spot in the larger
GA pit. We ended up on the rail, left/Edge's side of the
catwalk kind of near a leg of the claw.

We had a great time, and both the band and crowd
seemed to be on fire for this show. I took my camera
with me, but I somehow managed to put it on the
wrong burst setting. The resulting images are not
what I was hoping for, but some of them turned out
okay. I'll post a couple of them in PLEBA so everyone
can see how they turned out.

I'm all for screaming and shouting between songs. That's totally fine. I just want to hear and see the performance fully, you know?
I don't think the band would appreciate that very much.

Yes, indeed, too bad.
I didn't line up on the 17th, I wasn't feeling so well. I did line up on the 16th and had the pleasure of meeting Vintage Punk, BoMac, Mia, Kafrun, Bonoishot and funnily enough ElevatedU2fan happened to be sitting right beside me in line. Next time! :yes:

It was great meeting you, too! :) I'm going to have to get to Toronto for an Elevation/GTAers meet up one of these days.

Had a great time at the concert got into the inner pit on the outer rail with my DSLR.

Nice pics, were you using the 55-200 VR lens ?

I pretty much have the same set up, but I was stopped at the security check. They started to check out the focal length of my lens. Luckily I slapped on my 18-55 lens and put the 55-200 lens in my pocket. Although the Rogers pamphlet didn't say there were any restrictions on the maximum focal length. They just said no professional cameras.

Two girls were also removed from the circle b/c one of them peed in a cup.

The men's washroom was invaded by women and took over our toilets. Apparently the line ups for the women were really long so they just stormed our washrooms and waited in line inside for the toilets. One of the women said fuck it and dropped her pants, turned around and peed inside the urinal. Everyone started cheering even the cop who came in and out. I mean really, if the men did the same thing in the women's washroom we would of been thrown in jail

Warren - that's an awesome photo! Can't wait to see more.

And the video with the boy that got pulled up - that also has Marty (Popmartijn)!!! :applaud:

to the person who was disapointed that Bono didn't express their own political views, too fucking bad, why don't you go form your own group and have 60 000 people come pay to see you and then you can say what ever you want, good luck with that :wave:

Here's a TV news segment of a boy that Bono lifted up onto the stage that night. His name is Lucas Zara.

U2 singer gives Ontario boy the experience of a lifetime

Very nice :up:

Had a great time at the concert got into the inner pit on the outer rail with my DSLR. Ultraviolet was the highpoint for me as well. Click on the link to see my slideshow of my pics

U2 Toronto Rogers Centre September 17 2009

Heres a teaser

3932174231_c142d4b84c_b.jpg

Wow, amazing pictures :up:

Back
Top Bottom