September 13 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me be clear:

Everyone should bring a camera, snap some photos, etc. That's normal and nothing new.

It's the people that stand there the whole show with their camera up that boggles the mind.

agreed, i was pretty upfront and me and people around me (except for one girl) were taking pictures the first 3 songs and then we put them away.

i have never been so mortified in my life when the girl started puking all over the floor. smelled horrible, thankfully someone had water and a blanket to put it over :sick:

Ditto, Dan. :)

I bought those shoes before the second show, after looking at the previous night's black Chucks and weeping at the thought of putting them back on. (But I had needed a new pair of sneakers anyway, so it wasn't like I had an extreme impulse buy.)

I had much happier feet after last night's show.

some people waste their entire day in a GA line
some people watch the through through an LCD screen

to each their own...agree?

-dan

Sorry man, there's a wide gap between the two, and, people in the GA line cannot possibly block my view of the stage. Someone holding a camera above their head the whole show can.

I mean, if anyone reading this stands there with a camera and tapes the whole show, sorry if this seems personal but you're not so myopic that you can't see how this might obstruct those behind you, yes?

Sorry man, there's a wide gap between the two, and, people in the GA line cannot possibly block my view of the stage. Someone holding a camera above their head the whole show can.

I mean, if anyone reading this stands there with a camera and tapes the whole show, sorry if this seems personal but you're not so myopic that you can't see how this might obstruct those behind you, yes?

not if you know what you're doing

on sunday there were two drunk guys who didn't...they pushed their way towards me with their crappy sony digital cameras with one battery line. for what...30 seconds of vertigo that will blow out the one little microphone in their camera? i find that more offensive and insulting

if you have a problem with someone's camera in front of you, you politely tap them on the shoulder and ask them to put it down...it isn't that difficult.

-dan

not if you know what you're doing

on sunday there were two drunk guys who didn't...they pushed their way towards me with their crappy sony digital cameras with one battery line. for what...30 seconds of vertigo that will blow out the one little microphone in their camera? i find that more offensive and insulting

if you have a problem with someone's camera in front of you, you politely tap them on the shoulder and ask them to put it down...it isn't that difficult.

-dan

I don't remember saying that I cannot remedy the situation.

I just said that it's annoying. Like you, I'm sure, I've been to a ton of concerts and know how to handle situations.

Still doesn't make it less than annoying, and, if you're in seats, and are new to concerts or just very reticent to take action, you're in a crappy situation. So what seems not so difficult to you might seem daunting to others. If you cannot see that then you're simply refusing to see things outside of your personal prism, which is typical behavior I guess.

I'm going to remove myself from this conversation now because it's bat-shit crazy to me that anyone is defending people that stand there for two hours with a camera above their head.

camera phone

get-attachment-2.jpg

Excellent shot.

So was the inside GA as crowded both nights?

I have a RZ for Boston, should I hang onto it?

<>

camera phone

get-attachment-2.jpg

dude, you must have been really close to me-- i was a few people over to the right, on the rail between bono and adam. i didn't see anyone puking, but there were these 2 blond ladies who couldn't even stand up straight (b/c they were so drunk) who pushed their way to the front of the pit at some point during the show. at first, security refused to remove them b/c they kept showing their VIP laminates, but finally they were pulled out. :up:

never in my life seen so many people get their pictures taken in front of a concert stage before....but this claw is no other stage.

here's mine:

dsc09541t.jpg

-dan

Haha nice! I dont think I've seen a pic of you. Not what I expected at all (in a good way :wink: )

joyfulgirl and I attempted pictures of each other in front of the claw, but had some amount of phail trying to get the claw in the picture. Here's a total dork me:

meandclaw.jpg

Your outfit :cute: :nerd:

I was very happy with our seats for night 2, had been a little worried about how the sound would be in the upper section (445) but it was great, no problem with echoes or anything.

GA Night One

Seats Night Two Section 353 Behind The Stage & WOW what a difference it was FANTASTIC ..... LOVED it .... if you have seats for upcoming shows don't dispair it was really really good !!!!!!!

dude, you must have been really close to me-- i was a few people over to the right, on the rail between bono and adam. i didn't see anyone puking, but there were these 2 blond ladies who couldn't even stand up straight (b/c they were so drunk) who pushed their way to the front of the pit at some point during the show. at first, security refused to remove them b/c they kept showing their VIP laminates, but finally they were pulled out. :up:

Yeah, my friends decided they wanted the rail in the inside the pit so they went that way and there was no way i was going to move. the girl had kinda frizzy but long hair and trust me, i wanted to puke it smelled bad. the security wouldn't take the girl in either, he made her walk all the way to the side (the huge buff guy with the sunglasses). if u saw a 16 year old looking kid screaming all the words out, it was me :)

First night we did GA on the outer rail on Edge's side. Was over by the claw leg so had a good view. Had some tall people to my right though so sometimes the view was blocked. Ended up watching the screen quite a bit which was fine with me. Got to see the band pass by on the catwalk so I was happy! Was not crowded where we were at all either so that was nice. The 2nd night we sat in section 115 row 3. Seats there were amazing! Had an incredible view of the stage and got to see a lot that we didn't get to see the night before. Im still blown away by Sunday night's setlist. Feels like a dream with everything that happened that night. While I enjoyed Saturday night A LOT I have to say Sunday was my favorite night.

I walked away sunburned and just exhausted from the weekend. Every last minute of it was worth it! Met a lot of really nice people in the GA line,Interferencers,and got to see incredible shows right in my own city. Life is great! :up:

I was very happy with our seats for night 2, had been a little worried about how the sound would be in the upper section (445) but it was great, no problem with echoes or anything.

That's good cos I was in section 445 on Saturday and the sound was really bad with a terrible echo. So hopefully they were aware of the problem and fixed it for the next night.

I was in section 432 on Sunday and the sound was fine, just a slight echo during some songs, but not enough to spoil the music, unlike Saturday.

I just noticed the vendors in the background
:lol:

Yeah I was shocked how many were in there - but for seemingly forever there were only beer guys when I desperately wanted a water. I would die of dehydration before drinking beer to quench my thirst :reject: (hate it that much).

So aggravating too to pay $4.50 for 1 bottle of water when I can get a 24 pack for less than that at the grocery store :banghead: But I was desperate so I paid it, did not want to give up my rail spot to go look for a drinking fountain.

Back
Top Bottom