October 28, 2009 BC Place Stadium Vancouver - CANADA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SETLIST:

Intro
1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Beautiful Day + Blackbird
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For + Stand By Me

Happy Birthday (for Bill Gates)

Stuck In A Moment
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. Elevation
10. In A Little While
11. Unknown Caller
12. Until The End Of The World
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight + Two Tribes
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On + You'll Never Walk Alone

1º Encore:

Discurso Desmond Tutu
20. One + Amazing Grace
21. Where The Streets Have No Name

2º Encore:

22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment of Surrender

And Happy Birthday for me too! Oct 28th was my bday too.

SETLIST:

Intro
1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Beautiful Day + Blackbird
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For + Stand By Me

Happy Birthday (for Bill Gates)

Stuck In A Moment
8. No Line On The Horizon
9. Elevation
10. In A Little While
11. Unknown Caller
12. Until The End Of The World
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight + Two Tribes
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. MLK
19. Walk On + You'll Never Walk Alone

1º Encore:

Discurso Desmond Tutu
20. One + Amazing Grace
21. Where The Streets Have No Name

2º Encore:

22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment of Surrender

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...th-spectacular-vancouver-show/article1343171/

concert19_303874gm-a.jpg

concert14_303869artw.jpg

Nanda....what kinda camera do you have? For a person who's only posted under 30 times....those are some wikked pictures.

From one Canadian to another...reveal your secret!

My thoughts on the show

-BC Place has notoriously bad sound. Will catch Seattle show on the next leg.

-I hope this is their last stadium tour... The Vertigo shows here were much more intimate.

-Highlights: Streets - got the relatively mellow crowd really into it. Ultraviolet - fantastic performance, shades of U2 in their prime.

-Being down in GA was very cool. Lot's of space (unless you were way up front) and quick beer line.

-Great show, had a very good time. Not the intensity of U2 shows of the past, but hey they're getting older and mellower maybe.

-Some of their music is finally beginning to sound dated to me, especially when Bono does his "Oh Oh oh oh" chants lol. But a U2 concert is kinda like going to church, so it's all good. I did like the remix of Gonna Go Crazy. People were dancing, it was cool.

-Missed the Peas, oh well.

Overall, U2 still has a lot of life, but no more stadium tours please!

Oh, and no haters... I'm just posting my opinions for you to take with a grain of salt. I have been a long hard core fan. I admire their musicianship and what they stand for.

The show was fantastic. the band was great and I'll be honest Black Eyed Peas were really good. Whether you like them or not(and I don't) they got the crowd going. It's been a LONG time since I've seen a crowd react to an opening act like that. U2 highlights for me were I'll Go Crazy, Streets, Ultraviolet. Lowlights replacing the absolutely stunning Your Blue Room with the so so In a Little While.

Some people seem to hit on the fact the shows don't have the energy that they did on past tours. I think that's a load of bull. What I think is happening more and more is U2 is getting up there and there's a sense that each and every tour could be the last. U2 is one of those bands that alot of people would put on a list of a "must see" even if they aren't a big fan but simply love live shows. This attitude draws in way more casual fans who won't participate or get into it nearly as much as the diehards. Also the longer U2 sticks around the older their hardcore fanbase gets and to be honest I see alot of older people just standing around. I honestly don't think the lack of energy has anything to do with what the band is doing on stage but with the ever increaing age of the fans in the crowd as well as the type of fan that is coming out to these shows. the crowds in TO, NY and vancouver were all tammer this time around. the crowds on Vertigo weren't as crazy as on the Elevation tour and those were definately not as crazy as Popmart. For me the shows are as great as they've ever been so it's the crowd who's mellowed out. not the band.

The show was fantastic. the band was great and I'll be honest Black Eyed Peas were really good. Whether you like them or not(and I don't) they got the crowd going. It's been a LONG time since I've seen a crowd react to an opening act like that. U2 highlights for me were I'll Go Crazy, Streets, Ultraviolet. Lowlights replacing the absolutely stunning Your Blue Room with the so so In a Little While.

Some people seem to hit on the fact the shows don't have the energy that they did on past tours. I think that's a load of bull. What I think is happening more and more is U2 is getting up there and there's a sense that each and every tour could be the last. U2 is one of those bands that alot of people would put on a list of a "must see" even if they aren't a big fan but simply love live shows. This attitude draws in way more casual fans who won't participate or get into it nearly as much as the diehards. Also the longer U2 sticks around the older their hardcore fanbase gets and to be honest I see alot of older people just standing around. I honestly don't think the lack of energy has anything to do with what the band is doing on stage but with the ever increaing age of the fans in the crowd as well as the type of fan that is coming out to these shows. the crowds in TO, NY and vancouver were all tammer this time around. the crowds on Vertigo weren't as crazy as on the Elevation tour and those were definately not as crazy as Popmart. For me the shows are as great as they've ever been so it's the crowd who's mellowed out. not the band.

Couldn't agree more. Saw them in Toronto and they were great. Just the crowd was lame in the seats. Funny. it was mainly the younger aged that sat.

Back
Top Bottom