October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u221.jpg

u222.jpg

u225.jpg

u228.jpg

u231.jpg

u236.jpg

u237.jpg

u238.jpg

u242.jpg

So I know you asked on FB but I saw, Michael Bay (said Hi), Eric McCormick (Said Hi, offered my hand then I withdrew it, like a dork), Rick Fox, plus another laker, Ben Stiller, (Wife saw) Paris Hilton and Collin Farrell, Will.I.Am right between us and Red Zone chatting between sets, a few other folks that we didn't recognize (And I am a celeb whore so I know all the above)

We were RIGHT next to stage in seats, 7 rows off floor...(Adams side)

Bay and Fox were behind me :)

Morleigh came out and stood right next to us for a minute. I wanted to tell my kids who was standing next to them but I couldn't because she was inches away and would have even heard a whisper!

Apparently a ton of celebs. Saw a list on WireImage, and similar on Getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Holy cow.

So I know you asked on FB but I saw, Michael Bay (said Hi), Eric McCormick (Said Hi, offered my hand then I withdrew it, like a dork), Rick Fox, plus another laker, Ben Stiller, (Wife saw) Paris Hilton and Collin Farrell, Will.I.Am right between us and Red Zone chatting between sets, a few other folks that we didn't recognize (And I am a celeb whore so I know all the above)

Nice!

how did they fill in ga completely, while the other cities had plenty of room in the back.

There was about 96 thousand people there I believe.

The Rosebowl is weird, it's a big venue, but for some reason when you're standing in the middle of it, it doesn't seem that big.

Where do the celebs stand during the concert? Are they let in from backstage and then stand amongst the fans in the inner circle??? No way? I imagine they are given their own special "area", right? LOL I cant imagine them being squashed in amongst us "regular folks"...... lol

how did they fill in ga completely, while the other cities had plenty of room in the back.

u209.jpg

Here's a picture I took, and I was about 5 feet from the outer circle. It shows the distance roughly from the outer circle to the back of the stadium. It didn't really seem that far.

maybe it's the lack of a 2nd deck that makes it look smaller

it looks so much bigger on tv (but almost all venues do)

-dan

Where do the celebs stand during the concert? Are they let in from backstage and then stand amongst the fans in the inner circle??? No way? I imagine they are given their own special "area", right? LOL I cant imagine them being squashed in amongst us "regular folks"...... lol

Depends. Some might elect floor, but I'd imagine they would end up in the Red Zone. Some for the seats right next to the stage and others for the suites.

I know during Vertigo I saw John Cusack in the ellipse.

Two points for my very short review. This was show 42 for me (since 1983) and I thought that ISHFWILF, might have been the best version I have ever heard. I thought that was a CLEAR highlight of the show, and 107K folks singing the entire first verse was amazing.

Other than that, I was disapointed with the crowd, during the "lesser" songs, they were very boring, folks in my section (7 rows off the floor, directly on side, GREAT $250 seats) sat often, and left early. Something was "off" that didn't seem as "off" in Vegas 2 nights earlier. However, something about being with 107K U2 fans was unbelievable, and I still had a great time, and thought OVERALL, it was a great show.

I agree with you 100%. As we discussed in Vegas I was probably in a similar section to you but on Edge's side. My seats were 5th row, to the slight right of RZ 1. Wow, the people in my section were awful. How does one sit for Crazy Tonight exactly? I vowed never to do seats again.

Did she take any pics of Carlos & Maddy on the rail?

Here is one! I've decided I need a new camera. Not even posting my pics of the show, they are so blurry.

Second picture;
lu2cia (?), trojanchick, Dana and me :)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 24
I agree with you 100%. As we discussed in Vegas I was probably in a similar section to you but on Edge's side. My seats were 5th row, to the slight right of RZ 1. Wow, the people in my section were awful. How does one sit for Crazy Tonight exactly? I vowed never to do seats again.

Maybe those were the celebrities :wink:

I was right there in GA! I shook hands with Pau Gasol and Will.I.Am, said Hi and got a smile and wave from Paris, gave a thumbs up to the BEP lead guitarist, had Ben Stiller and famous blond I'm in every Ben Stiller movie girlfriend pass by, also saw Hillary Swank pass by, as well as Collin Farrel and Barbra Streisand. And William Fichtner a couple times. Think Entourage and Prison Break.

Plus ran into Jane Seymour in the Vegas airport.

I agree with your other comment on the show. while it was special, Vegas was AMAZING. rose bowl was more about the spectacle and 96k people, which was the biggest detractor IMO (it was a freaking cattle call getting in, around, and then out).

Here is one! I've decided I need a new camera. Not even posting my pics of the show, they are so blurry.

Second picture;
lu2cia (?), trojanchick, Dana and me :)

Sweet! :hug: Thanks!

I definitely could use a new camera as well. The majority of mine came out horrible and there is no good setting for a concert. :sigh:

And William Fichtner a couple times. Think Entourage and Prison Break.

i share a birthday with fitchner. i would have loved to say hey to him.

he's also in my favorite movie, heat.....and contact & blackhawk down too

-dan

Here's who I personally saw:

I personally saw Pierce Brosnan (who just looks fucking delicious every time), Debra Messing, Ali, Andy Summers, Randy Newman, Steve Perry, some little Asian dude who's famous, some guy from Entourage (I was told), and that guy who plays the Mentalist on TV I think. I'm also pretty sure I saw Ewan McGregor in the parking lot after the show.

ETA: And that guy from Will and Grace, Ben Stiller, Paris Hilton (or a doll-sized version of her).

Back
Top Bottom