October 18, 2009 at Norman, OK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a nazi security guard. He was wearing a blue shirt and bossing around all of the yellow jackets constantly. He told them how to stand, that they were too close together, that they needed to look mean then and this is the kicker he told them to kill us with kindness. How can you be mean and kill us with kindness? Every time he walked away, they mocked him which was really entertaining. Especially after having to watch BEP. They would have been a better opening act.

Did anyone happen to catch what happend in the stands on the east side right after the concert ended? We saw them clearing a section and medical folks taking a stretcher up. Sorry if that's in poor taste, just curious.

Great show.

Crowd was fun and people in Norman were really nice. Thanks again to rastacruz for the ride :up:.

I'd type more, but I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night :lol:

I loved Bono's goofy dancing during MW and the "bridge fight" at the end of UTEOTW.

Great to meet you, Kelly! Still glowing from Sunday night! :applaud:

Did anyone happen to catch what happend in the stands on the east side right after the concert ended? We saw them clearing a section and medical folks taking a stretcher up. Sorry if that's in poor taste, just curious.

I don't know, but I saw two ambulances outside with EMTs around them and wondered if something happened.

Best part of the concert for me was before it started...
I had two ga tix left and couldn't get any takers with 60 min to go... So on the north end in front of the ga line a scalper offered me 60 for the pair... I told him I'd already been offered $70 by a scalper down the block.... He said I'd never get it... I told him Id give them away before I'd let him screw me... So I, a little tipsy, stood next to him and a couple with a kid walked up to him... Right on cue, they asked for one ga... He had one and said "$55; face value"... I stick mine out and said "Here take it, it's free"... the scalper was pissed... They offered to pay and I refused... They said he was "five years old and it was his first concert".... Well, his first concert is u2 and he is wearing a star wars shirt and giant red ear protection headset?? That kid always gets in free if I'm around... they graciously accepted and walked on... The scalper was dumbfounded and asked why i would give it away when he just offered me thirty bucks a piece... I told him it was "the principle" and tossed him the other ga and told him to "try not to be a dick"...

Saw the family an hour later in the ga and the waved... I felt vindicated.

Welcome to the club little dude...

that is us, in the little red circle on the rail to the right of the catwalk

midland, des moines, seattle and tulsa- all together for one night only
spanning 35 years of friendship...
good times...
normanthatsus.jpg

^ I saw that kid with the headset! He was about 15 feet from us sitting on someone's shoulders in the pit. I figured he must be pretty young if he's wearing ear protection. That was so generous of you to give him a ticket for free!

U2 fans are the best.

Way to go!! that was a really nice thing for you to do:up: I'm sure that little guy really has some great memories that will stay with him from his first concert experience, U2 fans are the best for sure:)

Thats a great pic. We were standing back on the rail, but about your same vantage point in the pit. Good on you for giving the little guy a ticket, i would have done the same thing.

I was far right on the rail in the Red Zone on Edge side. Love that "gift" picture for filling out a Red Zone survey!

For some reason, I find this pic of Bono alittle offputting... it doesnt quite look like himself. Yes, i know its got red eye. lol Its more his face...has he been losing weight through the tour?? :hmm:

Red Zone in Oklahoma City!

HC Miller...........saw you in Red Zone.........You were behind me, I was next to the girl with the spaceship hat.........anyway.....REd Zone was awesome. This was my second concert with Tampa being my first and then we flew up to Oklahoma City to see them. Oklahoma blew Tampa away.......I think U2 really try to impress the crowd. I am planning to seem them in Miami next year.............Meet lots of fans from the U2.com site which was great.

A few bits of trivia or synchronicity if you will.

U2 filmed Under A Blood Red Sky 5 days before their 1983 show in Norman and filmed the Rose Bowl show for future release 7 days after their 2009 show.

The 2009 show opened with David Bowie's "Space Oddity." In October of 1983 a sequel of sorts to the song, "Major Tom (Coming Home), by Peter Schilling was playing on radios.

This is my current desktop wall-paper; We were a little left of dead center, in the pit, back rail.

232323232%7Ffp63239%3Enu%3D3%3A95%3E89%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D324937948%3A349nu0mrj

YouTube is broadcasting another free concert

anyone know if the show was taped? it's not up on u2 torrents yet

I taped the whole show.
You can watch it at www . tiny url .com / U2MONK
or search for dzmonk on youtube.

Out of the 6 shows (Dallas, Houston, Norman, Phoenix, Vegas, Rose Bowl), Norman was my favorite. The best crowd, given the small size.

Back
Top Bottom