Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mods should of made a sticky with the necessary information. They dropped the ball IMHO. There was so much bs talk in the threads leading up to the show, you couldn't find anything about it. I rented a car so I was fine but many people got nailed accordingly. My 2 cents.

Oh so now its the mods fault? :lol: Sorry we forgot to hold your hand in making all of your plans.

The Mods should of made a sticky with the necessary information. They dropped the ball IMHO. There was so much bs talk in the threads leading up to the show, you couldn't find anything about it. I rented a car so I was fine but many people got nailed accordingly. My 2 cents.

wow

mods....step your game up

-dan

^ Duly noted, nicv! :bonodrum:

Trial uploading -concert photo:
Adam
IMG_4983.jpg

How do i make these display larger here? I'm using the img link at full size, per photobucket settings...

You could email them to me and I'll post them full size. Especially the Adam ones. :wink:

I think there are settings in Photobucket controlling how big your uploads display? Not sure, I'd have to play around with it.

Can I file a complaint about my bath towels with you? There were very scratchy.

my shower curtain wasn't long enough and water kept accumulating on the bathroom floor

sicy/rose....that's on you

-dan

I took the city bus from the strip and back. I really HATED to but I left a few songs early to beat most of the crowd. I was kicking myself for doing it, but now I'm glad I did. I think I'm destined to never see Ultraviolet... Toronto, I passed out right when it started, on SNL they cut away from it, LV I left early. Oh well, I'll have to buy the DVD.

Guess my wife & I just have good karma. We took the bus ($4/each). Stayed for the whole show, walked back to Siena w/our friends, hung out for maybe 15 mins. Then we walked out to the front of Siena, where the bus line was forming. Almost immediately a bus pulled up, opened the doors right in front of us, and we were mobile within 5 mins. Had to catch a transfer, which we had to wait on for about 35 or 40 mins, but I could deal with that. :D

As far as mods dropping the ball, WTF? A) It's not the mods' job 2) There was plenty of info posted in the Vegas threads if you kept up.

Sicy - love your photos too! :up:

:lol:

I complained in my earlier post about how long it took to get back to our hotel by bus, but in the long run it wasn't that big of a deal. We were just tired and hungry, and eventually things worked out just fine. It didn't damper my enjoyment of the concert at all.

I'm debating whether to post the video I took of Amazing Grace and part of Streets. I was screaming a lot. :lol:

my shower curtain wasn't long enough and water kept accumulating on the bathroom floor

sicy/rose....that's on you

-dan

We're thinking of setting up a committee to help members with their travel arrangements and will be offering chaperoning services for before and after shows for members that have trouble traveling on their own.

:wink:

I went into the Vegas show with my eyes open after having sifted through the messageboards here. Renting a car was not a realistic option for us (my wife is not comfortable at all in large metro driving and I don't drive). We chose the bus option and leaving at 4:20, it took almost 2 hours to get to Sam Boyd and leaving 3 songs early got us 2.5 hours back. I wasn't expecting a 20 minute jaunt to the grocery store, but 4.5 hours? This is hardly my first time to the rodeo as far as a stadium U2 show or other concert or sporting event for that matter.

The logistics of getting in and out of Sam Boyd are aweful and that venue is clearly not prepared for an event the magnitude of U2 (I assume UNLV football games draw very poorly). Had those that manage public transportation for the region been smart enough to come up with dedicated nonstop buses that ran from Sam Boyd to at least near the strip, they could have made a windfall and helped alieviate much of the congestion (instead you've got tourist waiting in line for a local bus route feeding quarters into the meter....at least be smart enough to have the driver handling cash sales to get a large quantity of people ON the stinking buses efficiently for a special event...I mean how hard is it really to set the special event rate a flat $2 and give the bus drive a fist full of dollars to make change?). You easily could have charged $10-15 bucks a head for a nonstop shuttle to the strip and taken many people that rented cars out of the traffic and parking clutter not to mention dramaticly reducing the demand for taxis. Hell a smart bar or restaraunt anywhere around the strip, should have come up with a shuttle bus to draw customers before and after a game (I've been to Miami and Denver specifically to see NFL games and caught FREE shuttles to and from the games from local bars). I think what this boils down to, a facility like Sam Boyd that rarely sees an event the magnitude of U2 clearly does not know how to deal with it from the lack of any practicle experience.

In the end, seeing a U2 show made all the crap worth the trouble. Next time I do a U2 road trip, it won't be Vegas though.

We're thinking of setting up a committee to help members with their travel arrangements and will be offering chaperoning services for before and after shows for members that have trouble traveling on their own.

:wink:

LOL! Fabulous!

Nice meeting you in the lobby btw, it would have been an awkward Kodak moment, but we should have done it :) The Nine Fine I didn't catch you long enough on my radar. It kinda stopped working after the 1st drink hour.

I went into the Vegas show with my eyes open after having sifted through the messageboards here. Renting a car was not a realistic option for us (my wife is not comfortable at all in large metro driving and I don't drive). We chose the bus option and leaving at 4:20, it took almost 2 hours to get to Sam Boyd and leaving 3 songs early got us 2.5 hours back. I wasn't expecting a 20 minute jaunt to the grocery store, but 4.5 hours? This is hardly my first time to the rodeo as far as a stadium U2 show or other concert or sporting event for that matter.

The logistics of getting in and out of Sam Boyd are aweful and that venue is clearly not prepared for an event the magnitude of U2 (I assume UNLV football games draw very poorly). Had those that manage public transportation for the region been smart enough to come up with dedicated nonstop buses that ran from Sam Boyd to at least near the strip, they could have made a windfall and helped alieviate much of the congestion (instead you've got tourist waiting in line for a local bus route feeding quarters into the meter....at least be smart enough to have the driver handling cash sales to get a large quantity of people ON the stinking buses efficiently for a special event...I mean how hard is it really to set the special event rate a flat $2 and give the bus drive a fist full of dollars to make change?). You easily could have charged $10-15 bucks a head for a nonstop shuttle to the strip and taken many people that rented cars out of the traffic and parking clutter not to mention dramaticly reducing the demand for taxis. Hell a smart bar or restaraunt anywhere around the strip, should have come up with a shuttle bus to draw customers before and after a game (I've been to Miami and Denver specifically to see NFL games and caught FREE shuttles to and from the games from local bars). I think what this boils down to, a facility like Sam Boyd that rarely sees an event the magnitude of U2 clearly does not know how to deal with it from the lack of any practicle experience.

In the end, seeing a U2 show made all the crap worth the trouble. Next time I do a U2 road trip, it won't be Vegas though.

Well, this is the same venue where I went to pick up my Red Zone tickets at 3PM as instructed and was asked by the person behind the counter what Red Zone tickets were and then proceeded to tell me I had to have gotten those from Ticketmaster directly.

Mind you the sign posted on the window on top of the person that asked me said "Red Zone Tickets".

Oh, and then got bodychecked by a guard while trying to get into Red Zone 2 when the doors opened who told me all Red Zone had to go to Red Zone 1 and this side was only for GA people. After a few minutes of trying to explain to him that the sign he was right under that said RZ 2 with a arrow pointing to the section said the same thing as the wristband I had on he called a supervisor to confirm what he was supposed to do. :huh:

Last edited:
There are some that I will *ahem* save for another day :wink:

oh, and I posted some of what I think are pretty good pics in the Dallas and Phx thread too, if anyone wants to see. I haven't uploaded LA yet.

Oh so now its the mods fault? :lol: Sorry we forgot to hold your hand in making all of your plans.

Sicy - It's a suggestion and something to think about. Making a sticky thread so people can easily find pertinant information about the event for next time, even setting up a car pool. It will be a win win for everyone. We can learn from this. Like I said, I figured it out on my own and rented a car. Others were not so fortunate and paid the price. I know people on this forum were asking questions including myself and the some questions were not answered. It seemed people were to busy and didn't care to respond. I know others did respond but the posts were buried within hundreds and hundreds of other posts so the info could not be easily found.

Sicy - It's a suggestion and something to think about. Making a sticky thread so people can easily find pertinant information about the event for next time, even setting up a car pool. It will be a win win for everyone. We can learn from this. Like I said, I figured it out on my own and rented a car. Others were not so fortunate and paid the price. I know people on this forum were asking questions including myself and the some questions were not answered. It seemed people were to busy and didn't care to respond. I know others did respond but the posts were buried within hundreds and hundreds of other posts so the info could not be easily found.

A sticky wouldn't be feasible because then every show would want a sticky for the same purpose and then that just defeats the purpose of stickies. I put as much info as I had into the first post of each of the Vegas threads. The last thread had info about the venue and gave a number to call if anyone had questions.

^do it! that is all I have, how else are you supposed to take a pic? uh, stand there by yourself please...:|

anyone else humming I have a feeling....

yep, and i'm feeling less and less guilty about it

-dan

Back
Top Bottom