Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great photo nic! where did it come from carlos, did you take it? from memory i think you were outer rail, & nic was back rail, but it's all a blissful blur now.

see you guys in june. definitely anaheim & oakland, maybe seattle ............ 7 months & counting (deja vu moment)

I finally had the chance to process all my Vegas concert photos and uploaded 300+ to Flickr and Smugmug

U2 360 - Las Vegas 2009-10-23 - a set on Flickr

U2 - 2009-10-23 Las Vegas - desertsky's Photos

I was able to get my Canon DSLR camera into the Vegas show, so these photos turned out much better than what I usually get with a smaller P&S camera. I did also have my new Canon G11 P&S camera with me and took a few shots with it, but 98% were probably taken with the bigger camera.

4078329808_5d925ae7f6.jpg

4078247812_e4492abfba.jpg

4078245684_7c7ace87d7.jpg

4077612177_b85a19c639.jpg

4078279378_a99d93373e.jpg

4077697759_c00bd940a8.jpg

4077621629_0b90d80903.jpg

4078406426_13a7395d58.jpg

I finally had the chance to process all my Vegas concert photos and uploaded 300+ to Flickr and Smugmug

I was able to get my Canon DSLR camera into the Vegas show, so these photos turned out much better than what I usually get with a smaller P&S camera. I did also have my new Canon G11 P&S camera with me and took a few shots with it, but 98% were probably taken with the bigger camera.

]

:heart::drool:

FANTASTIC shot!!

4078247812_e4492abfba.jpg

4078245684_7c7ace87d7.jpg

4077612177_b85a19c639.jpg

4078279378_a99d93373e.jpg

4077697759_c00bd940a8.jpg

4077621629_0b90d80903.jpg

4078406426_13a7395d58.jpg

Holy Crap !

They're fantastic !!

I looked thru the set on flickr too :up::up:

Wow U2ITNOL, they're all awesome shots! Not sure which is my favorite shot, they're all great. Makes me want to go to another show now! Can't wait another 7 months, I'm a 360 Junkie.

Incredible photos! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Wow U2ITNOL, they're all awesome shots! Not sure which is my favorite shot, they're all great. Makes me want to go to another show now! Can't wait another 7 months, I'm a 360 Junkie.

:wave:Hi Dave!

*raises hand to join the 360 junkie support group* :crack:

very nice, love foggy edge.

GA Joe rocks! he did such a good job in Vancouver. ran absolutely smoothly while we were outside, & he had some control. once inside, things went awry. security wouldn't let anyone down the sides of the stage to red zone & inner circle. wanted wristbands, but no-one had been wristbanded. finally it was sorted, & we were in! Thanks Joe :D

GA Joe, the Thomas Jefferson of the U2 GA line, the man who wrote the constitution :)

And a sounder guy you will never meet.

Is he on Interference?

HI STRANGER. I don't remember if I had these photos. Mine are awful compared to these incredible shots!!!! I am strolling down memory lane today. This was supposed to be attached to u2itnol's photos.

Hey peeps! I haven't been on Interference much at all since the Rose Bowl, except to briefly check out ticket and tour postponement info! Anyway, I started sifting thru some of my old threads (getting ready for this leg of the tour) and saw this thread about Vegas! I was curious if anyone talked about us getting married, so I checked it out. Not that anyone will read this (or cares over a year later) but for my own amusement I'm gonna respond to some quotes!

Oh cool! I heard Melissa and Matt spoke to Bono for about 10-15 mins during the day
I think this is about right, because there is some video of it, and when he stopped we couldn't believe how long he stayed with us before moving down the line. We were also with our bridesmaids (U2 fans) and so he took time with us then took pics with them! It was cool because there were only a handful of folks on that side of the rail and he spent a lot of time with us! The other ppl who were over there were all our close friends like Amp and Ruth too so it was kinda awesome cuz we were all getting Bono love together! :heart:

Yeah. She had on a pretty all-white dress and running shoes. :lol: And yes, her groom had long, dark-brown hair and a big beard.:

Thanks for the compliment! That was the dress I was originally gonna wear for an elopement wedding! In the end we had a proper wedding at Caesars and I wore a very different gown. I wanted to use the flowy dress I'd bought first tho, so I used it for the show and a wedding party in LA for our friends who couldn't come to the wedding in Vegas. (I wore running shoes to get front rail. Mission accomplished!) As for Matt having a beard...yup, that's why he's known as "Jesus Matt" in U2 circles...that and the fact that Bono called him Jesus when he played onstage during Miami Elevation. :applaud:

The other bride I saw had sort of tight, curly hair. And her white dress was adorned with a lot of colored beadwork. She may have even had a lot of tattoos on her.

She had a veil and white go-go boots with a beaded 60's era retro mini dress, I think she had leather leggings possibly too. It was cute...I think they eloped earlier at one the chapels downtown.

more like 2-3 minutes! ;) There was a bride and groom (he had long hair and beard, I don't remember what she looked like) that I saw towards the beginning of the GA line later on, that was able to get to the other side of the fence where Bono got out of his car. They took a few pics and talked to him but it wasn't for more than a few minutes

So again, this is why I wore running shoes! We were up front in the GA line (that's where we spent our honeymoon!) and then had to run out back to try to see Bono coming in! It worked out and running shoes paid off bigtime! :lol:

You must have seen Melissa and Matt. She's a member on here, by the way. Popbellydancer. They got married the day before the show.

We spent the whole week in Vegas, our Stag night was Monday, Our wedding was Wednesday, and the the show was Friday. We took Thursday to lay in bed til it was time to get in the GA line! :coocoo:

wow, how many brides can you have at one show!

A lot in VEGAS! But there were only the 2 of us. The lady in the go go boots and me in my running shoes! :sexywink:

We were continuing our celebration that week and wanted to dress up and have fun dancing as a bride and groom up front! We met at a U2 show in 2000, got engaged at a U2 show in 2006 and planned our wedding around the Vegas 360 show in 2009! At my actual reception I missed when the DJ played BEP's "I've Gotta Feelin" cuz I was in the bathroom! :doh:
That was the big wedding song that year and I was devastated I didn't get to dance to it my own wedding...so imagine how much fun we had dancing to it live on the front rail just 2 nights later! :dance: Anyway, one of the best moments was when Bono asked us where we were honeymooning and we replied with "Um, the GA line Bono!" :coocoo: :loveshower:

We actually just ended up up to moving to Vegas 2 months ago...so,Viva Las Vegas indeed! Thanks for reading (if you did.) You can check my profile to see wedding photos, and I hope to see everyone this summer!:hug:

I met them before Bono showed up and talked to Melissa for a little bit. I didn't even recognize her at first, until she said "You're my friend on Interference, right? I'm popbellydancer!" :doh: Silly me. She was very sweet. They talked to Bono for a couple minutes and got the cutest picture with Bono in the middle :D

I found it obnoxious the way many people were screaming "BONO! COME OVER HERE!!" before he was even halfway down the line. I mean, really? Like he's going to stop talking to whoever he's talking to and come straight to you. Patience, people. I don't get it either. I was super excited, but I was able to keep a lid on it :wink:

it was great to meet u too!:hug:

Back
Top Bottom