Oct 23rd - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The section right in front of the soundboard looked really packed - there were also people in the enclosure in front of the light tower on Adam's side, which is where I was hanging. Paul McG, Jimmy Iovine and will.i.am were all in there at some point, with some other people who may or may not have been famous. :wink:

Ah they were probably just walking past us then to get over to those areas, they seemed to be entering from somewhere there. We were 8th row from the floor Edge's side. Ali looked amazing by the way, first time I had seen her in person. As pretty as could be. :ohmy:

So exhausted but Elevation rocking in my head! Got inner circle front rail between Bono and Adam. People next to me were awesome and people just behind didn't smush us! The bridge was just to one side of me when it stopped and Bono did a reaching across thebridges bit with Edge! Awesome! Nicv was with Ethan and Carlos on that rail.
Entry was messed up after getting through bag check. Confusion as to which hall to take to get on field to inner circle. ( entry was midfield)
barely got a rail spot. Lots of people back around 100 on the rail. People spreading out 6 feet to save space not cool.
Other than that great crowd! I have to work on photos tomorrow- flying today back to RI- but I got some great ones of Adam especially. It was funny because he saw me taking a lot of photos and looked right at me halfway through and gave a wink. At the end before they left he looked at me and pointed twice and said " I like that, ilike that!" with a big smile! So cool.
Returning home. Will look for updates from the group heading to CA !

yep all the great work that was done all day with the line was ruined as soon as the gates opened and people who were way back got better spots.
It was the best run GA up until that point but that was the security fault IMO.

It was one of the best shows ever.

All the photos that I have (and will be posting) here are taken by my daughter.

vegasbonoflyseapeny-1.jpg

:cute:
[/IMG]
Best Photo of the Tour!!

:up::up:

I'm a combination of thrilled and envious for all you who were there! I'm threnvious? :wink:

bonocomet, Sicy, excellent pics! I tried to take pics of the claw, and mine sucked.

Glad you got to see the show from several perspectives, Sicy. For me, being up close the first night in TO was amazing, but the second night from the soundboard area was pretty sweet, too. For the experience, I'd have to say the night by the soundboard was better - went in late, all rested (as opposed to sleeping on pavement the night before), had room to move, and got to hang out with awesome friends.

Can't wait till next year! :hyper:

More Vegas stories, please!

Oh, so that's what the show looks like...great Picts you guys! It was an amazing show but I feel like I missed a lot being on the inner rail (left of Edge). It was great to be so close but the stage is massively tall...made it challeging for a short girl to see. I love the moving bridges and the guys sounded amazing!!!! "Until the end of the world" was by far my favorite. The claw is crazy cool!!!! The Vegas GA crowd was really mellow and fun. It was great to meet so many interferencers (even those with the low post counts like myself)

I can't wait for rose bowl it'll feel like a complete different show! :hyper:

It was great to be so close but the stage is massively tall...made it challeging for a short girl to see.

I feel you, sister. And you're even taller than me! Part of me really wants to experience the show from up close, but I just have so much fun in the back.

Was great to meet you!

It was great to meet you too! :)

I'm look forward to being able to see the claw and it's magic in LA!

Oh, I forgot to mention that redkat and I ran into Pres. Clinton when we were leaving the stadium.

I just saw that on Facebook! That is so wild.

(speaking of which, now I need to find YOU on Facebook! :wink: )

Last night was so awesome! I started on Adam's side of the pit then went to Edge's side for most of the show and then ended it in various parts of the middle. Amazing!

Here are a couple of pictures to show the perspective from the back of GA. The Claw was GIANT from that spot, and I could see the band really well. We had great views until these 5 or so tall guys came and stood in a line right in front of us. So we just shifted to the big open space in front of them, and all was right with the world again.

Obligatory COBL shot:

vegascobl.jpg

Moment of Surrender, a good shot of the screen and the band as I saw them most of the night:

vegasmos.jpg

Another great show, it was nice to meet Sicy and everyone right before we went in. I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close. Sunday we have great seats so I hope it's as fun as the inner circle, with less hassle!

PS my wife cracks up when people know me as "Chrisedge" as opposed to just Chris...

OH MY GOD IT'S CHRISEDGE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!

lulz

-dan

I was so glad I got to meet so many Interferencers..had a blast with you guys. xo I have mixed feelings about the show but I will say as a U2 fan it is not to be missed. There were some amazing highlights, thank God for IKIGCIIDGCT. I would have paid my $250 just to see Larry on the Djembe. Breathe rocked, as did NLOTH. Thank God for Ultraviolet. UTEOTW was nice to hear...a Vegas staple it seems. Loved Moment of Surrender. The crowd around me didn't seem to get the No Line songs in general. :huh: I would have liked to hear more of them and less of ATYCLB but I'm not starting that whole discussion. They mix it up as best they can to please everyone but in the process can't please everyone.

The guys are amazing performers and being at Sam Boyd again took me back to when I was there for ZooTv & PopMart. It was almost surreal in that sense. Bono sounded great from what I could tell. Major sound sacrifice in a stadium show, another point lost for me but overall it was a great show. The stage is mind blowing..it's probably safe to say nothing will ever compare to it.

I didn't get to see Bill Clinton but saw a photo that someone took with him, saw Penn Jillette and Jason Sudeikis. Missed all of BEP's standing in line for merch but that was nooo biggie. I would have much preferred Muse but I did meet some nice people in the line. U2 fans are really cool :up:

Next U2 show will need to be done GA. I had an amazing seat, but something was lost.

I had nose bleeds for this one, and while it was fun to be at back and "see the whole show", wife and I agree, it's just not as much fun as being close.

Ditto to all that! The show itself was awesome, but as god as my witness I'm never doing cheap seats again! No offense to the boys or The Claw. It was just the, um, surroundings. :shifty: With the exception of zuropa_fit, who was fun and awesome! :hug:

The night went something like:

:drunk: guy: *mumble mumble*
Me: *moves to let him out*
:drunk: guy: *returns*
Me: *moves to let him in
(repeat every five minutes)

During Desmond Tutu portion of the show:

:rant: man behind me: I donwannahear this :censored: idiot!
Me: :rolleyes:
:rant: man: I wannahearsome :censored: ROCK 'N ROLL!

CAT FIGHT!!!

:huh: girl after Vertigo: Was that the encore?
Me: :doh:

But the show itself was awesome!

(And special thanks to bonocomet for letting me tag along. :hug: )

It was great to meet you too! :)

I'm look forward to being able to see the claw and it's magic in LA!

Oh, I forgot to mention that redkat and I ran into Pres. Clinton when we were leaving the stadium.
Whoa! Really ? :) great meeting you guys! I know what you mean about being short and the inner rail. It's a fantastic spot and I'd do it again if possible , but I'm glad I saw the show from seats in midfield and then outer catwalk rail. It's like you get 3 different shows. Inner rail , it can be hard to keep track of where everyone is because you sometimes can't see where they are.
I'll have to post photos tomorrow. Got some good ones of Adam I think.
Sicy I like the one where you see Bono at the round mic on the screen. So hard to get photos with the red lights.
I saw Boston Michelle ( didn't meet her) and stood in front of Amp the guy Bono pulled up in DC. I was talking to him about how he got up on the stage and he said a lot of help from security to hoist him up to the stage.
Now I'm rambling..
I have photos from nine fine also - none too incriminating ! :)

Had a great time seeing so many old and new friends.

For this show at least, I don't think it was much benefit to line up. As people have said time and again, inner rail makes it difficult to see much other than the band member you're in front of. We still went inner rail and chose Edge and of course had a lovely view of him but I had no clue what was going on with the rest of the band much of the time.

The line was really well run. Of course when they let us in you had to chose to go left or right. Going right only meant you had to go around to end up in the same line as those going left. Our tickets didn't scan, so we ended up next to people who arrived 10 hours later than us :happy:

I went in and out of the pit without any sort of stamp or special wristband. I guess it wasn't necessary because it didn't fill.

I'm really thankful for the New Zealander next to me, and his cargo shorts which contained a special k bar :bow: Food was hard to get.

We did see President Clinton which was a thrill and a surprise :wink:

Oh and the best part was probably Larry hanging out in front of us during BEP. He was bobbing his head and watching the drummer :cute:

I went in and out of the pit without any sort of stamp or special wristband. I guess it wasn't necessary because it didn't fill.

did you go into the pit on Edge's side? They never checked me the few times I wandered in but they were really on top of me when I went in and out of Adam's. One guy even stopped me on my way out to make sure I had a stamp and said I couldn't get back in without it. Then I just walked right on in on Edge's side, which had a lot more people in it too...

We arrived home tonight and I am just reading through everyones comments and photos...we met super cool peeps in the GA line ....which was run with no issues what so ever.....they had consessions...water, pop hotdogs etc...being sold up and down the line all day...maybe could have used a few more port - o - potties though! we got inner circle back rail on Adams side..which was a great spot. agree with the crazy venders selling beer and ..um...cotton candy :huh: inside the PACKED inner circle....selling all that beer inside the pit is just asking for drunk dumb-fucks....one of which put a lit cigarette in the mouth of his Aung San Suu Kyi mask before security finally put an end to that! The BEP's set was really fun...and we enjoyed it a lot. U2 was in a fantastic mood last night...Bono was name dropping and laughing and joking..his Viva Las Vegas was just a joy to watch down to the "thank you, thank you very much" :cute: He was kissing the camera ala ZooTV days and had Larry smiling and laughing...Edge stopped right in front of us during Crazy and was on fire last night...we usually are on Edge's side, so this show was nice for me to have some Adam time...he was his usual smiling self :heart: Just a fantastic evening....all except for getting out of the parking lot :ohmy:

Best Photo of the Tour!!
:up:

I showed my daughter your post. Awww thanks! :)

I'm threnvious? :wink:

bonocomet, Sicy, excellent pics! I tried to take pics of the claw, and mine sucked.

threnvious :giggle:

and thanks! Sicy and corianderstem yes great Claw pics! :drool: I have a lot more to post as well.... need to go get some sleep I think tho... waking up super early to drive to Pasadena :crack::hyper: <-- we need a smiley of the baby these 2 would have. :hmm:

It was great to meet so many interferencers (even those with the low post counts like myself)

Great to meet you too! I'm sorry I left you off my first list! :reject: I didn't catch everyone's screen names that night, I have never met so many Interferencers all at once before! :hug: Everyone was awesome!

(And special thanks to bonocomet for letting me tag along. :hug: )

:hug:

did you go into the pit on Edge's side? They never checked me the few times I wandered in but they were really on top of me when I went in and out of Adam's. One guy even stopped me on my way out to make sure I had a stamp and said I couldn't get back in without it. Then I just walked right on in on Edge's side, which had a lot more people in it too...

Yes, I guess that was it. :)

Jason Sudeikis

I SUCK at celebrity, but he walked right by me, and I thought "That is that guy from SNL." Now I know his name (I just had to google him).

I had a BLAST with my friends (interlanders) and loved the opportunity to thank Paul for the excellent "product" he manages. He said "oh, thank you...this is much better than the last time we played here (the venue)." Yup...no lemon to get stuck in this time around.

Similar to the last three Vegas tour stops, it was great to meet a ton of new interlanders and hang with old friends.

WOW!!! bonocomet...your Daughter's photos!!!!!!!!!! all of mine are terrible!! thanks for posting hers!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom