June 18, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think some of us were out of sight, near the pit entrance on Edge's side at that point. I think I see the medical crew with the gurney, when that one woman passed out or whatever.

Guess I'll hold out for Minneapolis and hope I can finally make an appearance! :lol:

I found my pals on the outer rail, and I think I see Ethan, Mike and NSW by our soundboard spot.

Yeah, I think some of us were out of sight, near the pit entrance on Edge's side at that point. I think I see the medical crew with the gurney, when that one woman passed out or whatever.

Guess I'll hold out for Minneapolis and hope I can finally make an appearance! :lol:

I found my pals on the outer rail, and I think I see Ethan, Mike and NSW by our soundboard spot.

Now that I have seen all of mine, I'm ordering Seattle...

Just ordered the Seattle Panoramic version.

Funny how there is alot of people at the SBD on Sat night, and no one there Friday night...

Since you are all looking for celebs, look for Rosa and I. Outer rail right in center :D

#ysv

I haven't seen it yet. I won't be home for a while. Rosa checked it out and told me

where are all these celebs you guys are talking about? (and no Dan, I wasn't talking about you :p)

I see dakotalola a bit to the right of zuropa_fit, and on the front rail, Romi, of course, and Laura, and ahaha, I like U2FloridaFan's picture as she's applying lipstick/lip gloss. :D

I found a friend who will text me from GA in Minneapolis when it's being taken, so I can try to be more visible. :(

The celebs in question are back at the soundboard in that VIP area. :)

I haven't seen it yet. I won't be home for a while. Rosa checked it out and told me

Check your facebook.

ah ok, someone already tagged Tom Morello

The redhead dead center in that boxed off area is Shirley Manson. She's the lead singer for Garbage and has also done some acting. She's also a U2 fan. The man next to her taking a picture is Butch Vig, big time producer and also drummer of Garbage. He produced Nevermind for Nirvana.

Dan, I sent you your pic about 1 sec after I posted here...don't you get email on your iPhone? :)

where are all these celebs you guys are talking about? (and no Dan, I wasn't talking about you :p)

I see dakotalola a bit to the right of zuropa_fit, and on the front rail, Romi, of course, and Laura, and ahaha, I like U2FloridaFan's picture as she's applying lipstick/lip gloss. :D

I live on that rail :D

I feel loved that Alma looked for me

Chrisedge said:
Dan, I sent you your pic about 1 sec after I posted here...don't you get email on your iPhone? :)

Gah! I never thought to check my email!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

What a frigging weekend?!?! I’m back at work after leaving Thursday & returning yesterday from both shows ( & Disneyland).

Night 1 was great. Thought it was the most solid 360 show I saw so far (Chicago I, Houston, Vegas) on the tour. Though I miss hearing the NLOTH songs they just didn’t translate live but seeing U2 (especially Bono) performing at a high energy level again is great. And Zooropa live, not youtube, but live in person is a thing of beauty. Sounds so great!! Then finally hearing Stay live brought some tears to my face. So besides having to walk back to the hotel after the show (2.5 miles), Night 1 was great.

Going into Night 2 we were dead (me, wife, & 14 year nephew) from Night 1 & of course going to Disneyland for most the day. My nephew even ask me, “Do we have to go tonight”? YES !!! As we were in the GA tonight and from observing the floor from above during Night 1, we figured we’ll just stand on Adam’s side. Plenty of room and great viewing area.

Now I figured we would get Out Of Control, maybe a different acoustic song, and Ultraviolet. Then after Real Thing my head exploded. I literally turned to wife and screamed, YEAAHHHHH. She was laughing at me!! Great, rocking, surprised version of The Fly!! Then the AB setlist ensued & I just kept turning to my party, 3 AB songs in a row, 4 AB songs in a row, 5!! AB baby songs in a row. Then Bono started singing Amazing Grace, I turn to my wife, are they going to play Streets next?!??!?! And they did. Crowd went ape sh*t as I was looking at the stands and up above. It was a true magical moment. The rest of the set was great. This being, I think, the best U2 show I’ve ever seen. The U2 magic was in full force. And hearing Ultraviolet one last time was my closure for me on the 360 tour.

What is weird? I took my 14 year old nephew to his first U2 show and I saw U2 for the 1st time when I was 14 year old during Zoo TV. He even bought the U2 One shirt on sell now……that’s the same shirt I bought back in 1992. So hearing the heavy AB setlist was a weird twist in fate.

At the beginning of the tour me & my wife were 4 years married together. I went to Chicago, saw a great show in my home state of TX, and experienced U2 again (Popmart) in Vegas. We even went to Miami & Key West last year (had tickets to Miami). Anaheim brought an end to an amazing tour for us. We got back last night tired, blown away, and of wonder of the next tour. Then we put our 6 month old to bed who wasn’t even thought of at the start of the 360.

Baby baby baby, light my way :)

Nice! :up:

I had high hopes for this fancam, but there's a big hand right in my face. :angry:

Yet another reason to always be on a rail...

Dancing in front of the soundboard is one of the greatest moments at a U2 show. Seriously.

My favorite part? Me and the people I was with were trying to dance and sing like Bono does during Zooropa. I got some hilarious video of them trying to pull it off that I am trying to upload now.

Great, great night.

The soundboard was a lot of fun. Some wee Mexican guy getting tanked up on Tequila beside us. He was bouncing and dancing for the whole show. He grabbed me and we were all bouncing to Vertigo. Found out how out of shape I am lol.
Watching a few guys dancing during Crazy was very amusing.

During Zooropa I found myself singing in a MacPhisto accent.

Back
Top Bottom