June 18, 2011 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what was weird? They let us bring our water bottles inside.

I even asked the person scanning my ticket. "Do I need to ditch this?" Nope.

AND they sold you water and let you keep the cap.

What kind of nutty stadium is this?

I think Nick caught it and Rosa may have been in ear shot

Dave caught the tail end but I had a classic u2rmw melt down when they consolidated the adam side line about 1pm and woke me up from my slumber in the shade of the GA line.

I was cussing out everyone in a security jacket and asking for the head jackass.

haha i never claimed to be a nice guy, now i just wish someone had shot video!

Anaheim was the worst run show for a GA I have ever been to.

But I am glad I stuck it out for the show that night!

Mine and Brad's? or Jorge's? I and Brad, as well as another friend, made signs as soon as we heard Clarence C died. Basic tribute type signs. Lenny Kravitz and his horn section actually appreciated them more and the sax player took one of the signs onto the stage with him. Jorge's sign was meant for the webcam. It said thanks to his wife and kid for letting him come to Anaheim. It had a ISHFWILF lyric, so he pulled it out when the band started playing it and it caught bono's attention.

Mine and Brad's? or Jorge's? I and Brad, as well as another friend, made signs as soon as we heard Clarence C died. Basic tribute type signs. Lenny Kravitz and his horn section actually appreciated them more and the sax player took one of the signs onto the stage with him. Jorge's sign was meant for the webcam. It said thanks to his wife and kid for letting him come to Anaheim. It had a ISHFWILF lyric, so he pulled it out when the band started playing it and it caught bono's attention.

Very cool! Thanks!

I had a Clarence sign too that Bono probably read before yours. He was singing dead in front of me during I Will Follow. I'm sure he saw it.

So, yeah. This show was incredibly amazing. I was way to beat to line up 2 nights in a row, so we spent the day just wandering and band stalking. Like Cori said, we saw them helicopter in and Edge waved. Waved dammit! Went back to our hotel room and consumed some adult beverages. Then to the show.

Lenny was solid, then we went to see the band walk in. That was pretty neat. I got some really shaky video (possibly due to adult beverages). As for the set, unfuckingbelievable. We stayed in the pit area at the side of the stage. I mean, EBTTRT is such a great opener. Then we got The Motherfucking FLY! As I was recovering from that awesomeness, the start Mysterious Ways. At this point I turn to MissVelvetDress_75 & Dana and start screaming WTF and I bet Interference is blowing up. As much as I love the regular setlist, getting a stupid crazy setlist was a thing of beauty. The AB set was bonkers then One then Amazing Grace and Streets! Are you kidding? Again with the amazing.

I eventually made my way out of the pit to the soundboard where I spent the 2nd half of the show partying with my fellow crackheads. It was glorious. Watching FitzChivalry react to Zooropa made my life. Just dancing and singing with everyone was one of the best experiences of my life. Oh and I know I saw No Spoken Words singing along to Elevation. :D I loved that I could share that with my friends. I did love that I got to hear Ultraviolet one more time, and I also loved getting Stuck again. DSmith2904 and I loved singing along to Edge's vocals.

All, in all a great run for me, Seattle, Anaheim 1 and 2. Not to mention Vegas, Pasadena and get ready for it NicV Rome.

I plan to get a little shmoopy here, but what I really loved about this tour was meeting so many of you crazy Interlanders. I've loved being able to share these shows with you all.

So now bring on the setlist parties!

Dancing in front of the soundboard is one of the greatest moments at a U2 show. Seriously.

My favorite part? Me and the people I was with were trying to dance and sing like Bono does during Zooropa. I got some hilarious video of them trying to pull it off that I am trying to upload now.

Great, great night.

Here is a 4 cam mix of Until the End of the World
It is all close ups from inner GA or outer rail
I still need to get and add the 7 other cameras from this show.

I probably wont be doing alot of previews of this project, I will edit it and share when done, its gonna be great, it will take several months, it will be alot of work and it will be shared on U2T when ready

YouTube - ‪U2 - Until the End of the World - Anaheim June 18th 2011 - 4 cam HD‬‏

It was my bday today, but this is my present to you

Here is a 4 cam mix of Until the End of the World
It is all close ups from inner GA or outer rail
I still need to get and add the 7 other cameras from this show.

I probably wont be doing alot of previews of this project, I will edit it and share when done, its gonna be great, it will take several months, it will be alot of work and it will be shared on U2T when ready

YouTube - ‪U2 - Until the End of the World - Anaheim June 18th 2011 - 4 cam HD‬‏

It was my bday today, but this is my present to you

Happy bday mate :up:

Hi everyone,

What a frigging weekend?!?! I’m back at work after leaving Thursday & returning yesterday from both shows ( & Disneyland).

Night 1 was great. Thought it was the most solid 360 show I saw so far (Chicago I, Houston, Vegas) on the tour. Though I miss hearing the NLOTH songs they just didn’t translate live but seeing U2 (especially Bono) performing at a high energy level again is great. And Zooropa live, not youtube, but live in person is a thing of beauty. Sounds so great!! Then finally hearing Stay live brought some tears to my face. So besides having to walk back to the hotel after the show (2.5 miles), Night 1 was great.

Going into Night 2 we were dead (me, wife, & 14 year nephew) from Night 1 & of course going to Disneyland for most the day. My nephew even ask me, “Do we have to go tonight”? YES !!! As we were in the GA tonight and from observing the floor from above during Night 1, we figured we’ll just stand on Adam’s side. Plenty of room and great viewing area.

Now I figured we would get Out Of Control, maybe a different acoustic song, and Ultraviolet. Then after Real Thing my head exploded. I literally turned to wife and screamed, YEAAHHHHH. She was laughing at me!! Great, rocking, surprised version of The Fly!! Then the AB setlist ensued & I just kept turning to my party, 3 AB songs in a row, 4 AB songs in a row, 5!! AB baby songs in a row. Then Bono started singing Amazing Grace, I turn to my wife, are they going to play Streets next?!??!?! And they did. Crowd went ape sh*t as I was looking at the stands and up above. It was a true magical moment. The rest of the set was great. This being, I think, the best U2 show I’ve ever seen. The U2 magic was in full force. And hearing Ultraviolet one last time was my closure for me on the 360 tour.

What is weird? I took my 14 year old nephew to his first U2 show and I saw U2 for the 1st time when I was 14 year old during Zoo TV. He even bought the U2 One shirt on sell now……that’s the same shirt I bought back in 1992. So hearing the heavy AB setlist was a weird twist in fate.

At the beginning of the tour me & my wife were 4 years married together. I went to Chicago, saw a great show in my home state of TX, and experienced U2 again (Popmart) in Vegas. We even went to Miami & Key West last year (had tickets to Miami). Anaheim brought an end to an amazing tour for us. We got back last night tired, blown away, and of wonder of the next tour. Then we put our 6 month old to bed who wasn’t even thought of at the start of the 360.

Baby baby baby, light my way :)

corianderstem said:
Is it just me, or is the fan cam from this show late? :grumpy:

I'm kinda glad it's not ready yet cause I'm still at work.

trojanchick99 said:
Here's a link to Tom Dumant's blog about the show. For those who don't know, he's plays lead guitar for No Doubt. He was there with Adrian and Tony. He also loves The Edge, so we have that in common. :lol:

Rock Show - Tom Dumont

Did he embed one of chris' videos too?

I kid chris, I kid

Back
Top Bottom