July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, New Brunswick, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Moncton Campers!

Check your equipment and air it out. I just unrolled one of our sleeping pads and a decent-sized spider ran out. :eek:
(slightly bigger than a quarter)

Weird, because I think I saw 2, maybe 3 spiders the entire time I was there.

I still need to wash my Moncton clothes!

Also a side note, anybody stay at the Concert Camping find security needed to be more present Saturday night? I had to walk for about 10 minutes from my tent to find security after a guy attacked a girl in the tent next to me. And even after that I had to tell security that they had to call an ambulance and the cops since there was a girl assaulted and there was blood all over the place. Really unimpressed with that.

Also a side note, anybody stay at the Concert Camping find security needed to be more present Saturday night? I had to walk for about 10 minutes from my tent to find security after a guy attacked a girl in the tent next to me. And even after that I had to tell security that they had to call an ambulance and the cops since there was a girl assaulted and there was blood all over the place. Really unimpressed with that.

Yikes. WTF?!
I'm sorry anything like that happened.

Overall, everything seemed fairly peaceful given the circumstances.

MonctonPanoramaGood.jpg

Just started to go though pix and made a panorama.

I've got a Claw collage to upload, too, but it's more impressive as a TIFF than as a JPEG. I don't know where a TIFF can be hosted though.

That's what happens when you're first in line for the toilet, not realising Vik started a list and line for it three weeks ago.

Yikes. WTF?!
I'm sorry anything like that happened.

Overall, everything seemed fairly peaceful given the circumstances.

I was just frustrated because all this was going on in a big crowd of people, but nobody was doing anything. And then on my walk to find security there was another fight breaking out. I was just sort of like "get me out of here right now!". Luckily just after 3:00 a few cops came in. The guy who assaulted the girl was back packing up the next morning. So lesson learned, if you want to commit a crime do it in front of a bunch of people because nobody will help!

Oh one other thing, I think a highlight of the weekend was not being allowed to see the Kiss cover band because we didn't have gold bracelets. I hate kiss but sort of wanted to go just to see how bad it was.

Wow, that's really horrible.

I ended up sleeping in my car, but was not far from the main entrance, and there was at least one employee stationed there all night, so I felt reasonably safe.

A group of us sat outside our tents until about 5am and never heard a thing. In fact we commented on how quiet it all was!

MonctonPanoramaGood.jpg

Just started to go though pix and made a panorama.

I've got a Claw collage to upload, too, but it's more impressive as a TIFF than as a JPEG. I don't know where a TIFF can be hosted though.

Wow! I'm so glad we decided to go into the pit. We first got a spot on the hill and thought we'd be good with watching from there because it wasn't crowded. (yet, LOL!) But after I texted Amy and Cori in the pit I started feeling :sad: and it was the last show so we ran down there and got our wristbands and it was :love:

bonocomet said:
Wow! I'm so glad we decided to go into the pit. We first got a spot on the hill and thought we'd be good with watching from there because it wasn't crowded. (yet, LOL!) But after I texted Amy and Cori in the pit I started feeling :sad: and it was the last show so we ran down there and got our wristbands and it was :love:

Glad I told you to get your butt in there!

Hey, it seems there were quite a few people in the pit around where I was standing (near front rail, between Bono & Adam). Did anyone happen to video Out of Control (that hasn't uploaded it to Youtube already)? I was with the "Newfie" girl that Bono pointed out during the song, and I know she would LOVELOVELOVE to have a video clip that has her in it as well. Cheers!:love:

As a continuation from the previous thread about how to deal with the GA madness, I'd say the best thing they could do would be to bring back the lottery scanning system. The worst thing they could do would be to get rid of GA altogether and make the floor all reserved seating. No one would like the latter solution (neither fans nor the band), but it would certainly solve the problem real fast.

I could see a return to the lottery especially if they do arenas. Yet to do that whole scan thing takes more manpower and is longer getting people in the door. What's easiest for them can backfire for the fans. Unless they have GA Dave or someone be there at every show at 6am saying 'No list you provide will be honored. You get in line starting this minute' it is what it is.

Does anyone know how many the heart or elipse fits?

I found this taken from our side. It might be Brunos.
‪U2 in Moncton: Out Of Control‬‏ - YouTube

I could see a return to the lottery especially if they do arenas. Yet to do that whole scan thing takes more manpower and is longer getting people in the door. What's easiest for them can backfire for the fans. Unless they have GA Dave or someone be there at every show at 6am saying 'No list you provide will be honored. You get in line starting this minute' it is what it is.

Does anyone know how many the heart or elipse fits?

I found this taken from our side. It might be Brunos.
‪U2 in Moncton: Out Of Control‬‏ - YouTube

Yeah, I realized the fact that it was a stadium for all of 360 was probably the limiting factor to doing the ticket scanning this time around; they probably also figured that since the pit could hold so many people, that the hardcore fans would be less competetive about getting in (ha!).

Part of the problem this time around was that local venues tried to restrict when the GA line could start, which was what prompted people to start a line on paper. And if there are enough fans who buy into the paper system, it doesn't matter what local security say. In Chicago, a group of 5 people managed to get to the front of where the GA line was being set up on the venue property, and the people who had lined up based on the paper system were all crying foul and accusing them of line jumping. But they didn't line jump - they just showed up to start the physical queue when the venue had told them to.

Thanks for the Youtube clip - I saw that one yesterday and it's filmed from a great location, but it cuts off 30 second too soon before Bono spoke to my Newfie friend :reject:

Fantastic shots, Flaming_C! I actually can't pick a favourite -- they all capture the flavour of an amazing show. :up:

Back
Top Bottom