July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I want to see a pic!:lol:

Look on the Minneapolis fan cam, if you look in the inner circle back ring I'm wearing the Vertigo 05 (black) shirt giving the peace sign.

I thought I saw #114 somewhere, but guess it wasn't him...

No it wasn't you! Great fancam pic! I was closer to Adam's side.

I do recognize you though. I think on of my fb friends took pics of you at your spot!

... the other drunk guy had a back pack, green shirt and a cap on...

That sounds right - and yes, Amy, he was indeed on the back rail of the pit. I was in line with a nice family all day, and we kept remarking about what an ass he was becoming from time to time. It was kinda funny at 6 AM. Then he became more of a punchline as the day went on. Then it just got pathetic and finally kind of annoying.

Oh, I missed that you were talking about someone specific. :lol:

I definitely smelled some right near me.

Friends, for um, documentative purposes :shifty:, does anyone remember Adam's various stages of undress in relation to the songs?

For example, what song after Zooropa does Adam unzip the suit of lights? What songs is he topless for, and when does he put a shirt back on for good again? I keep looking for vids of MN, but I keep finding Adam with the shirt on :crack:

And dang, all the great filmers like DRay and TimNewell don't happen to be on Adam's side:lol:

You would think he's an older guy if he didn't write like an 8 year old.

LOL. It was rude of them to come on at 9! You mean like every other show they've ever done? Yeah, any real fan that's been to more than a show or two knows that 9 is the standard.

I'm sure John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown band don't make their fans wait.

:laugh:

We were at the new Teppanyaki Buffet in Minneapolis with our niece and nephew--okay neighborhood, but a great place to feed chow-hound kids.

OK. Then we did not see you. :D

I need to hook up with you in Moncton. We need to discuss "Put em Under Pressure" strategy for late season baseball to fend off attacks from White Sox fans. ;)

Do you think anyone made beer runs, took it back to their seats mid downpour, and then returned to the counter to complain "Hey, this is really watered down." ?

(boom TISH)

Technical point (for which I expect the backside of your hand across my face in Canada): no liquor or beer sales at TCF Bank Stadium.

tim mentioned in a comment on one of my videos that I got more than he did.

Yes, I think Tim didn't get the whole show. I would imagine it's hard to tape the whole thing under all that rain... I kept getting droplets of rain on my lens. :huh:

:angry:
I guess I misheard him after the show.

I didn't risk my camera during the rain. We got pushed around so much in GA by the soundbooth that there were holes rubbed into my ziploc. :yikes:

You got pushed around by the soundboard? Wow! We were fine in the pit!

I smelt pot between Interpol and U2. Actually, I didn't notice it cos I don't know what pot smells like:reject:, but the people beside me were like, "hmm, pot.":wink:

We could smell it at the front rail, and some us just started laughing. Even one of the security guys in front of me started smiling and said "Somebody's got the weed, huh?" :lol:

Speaking of which, all of these guys doing security were from a local university's football program, and they were working this as some sort of fund-raiser. I know some complaints were made about how they handled things on here (not telling people to slow down in GA, having everyone leave early), but the impression I got was that this was the first show they worked, so that might've been a reason for that.

You got pushed around by the soundboard? Wow! We were fine in the pit!

I know. It was SOOOOOO crowded. If we hadn't been with my brother, SIL and other friends, Heather and I might have bailed to the pit. I feel bad for them that it was so crowded. I think the pit or seats might have been a better choice.
:shrug:

Speaking of which, all of these guys doing security were from a local university's football program, and they were working this as some sort of fund-raiser. I know some complaints were made about how they handled things on here (not telling people to slow down in GA, having everyone leave early), but the impression I got was that this was the first show they worked, so that might've been a reason for that.

One of the SB security people was raising funds for his church. So, experience? Not so much.
I like Asia Security--big, badass, bearded guys.

Back
Top Bottom