July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I'm starting to think that the only reason they played OTH in Chicago was because I was forced to make an early exit. :huh:

Very true. Twice even! Wish I knew you back then. Would have been cool to have another person from here to hang with

he was in the zipped suit for crazy. go back in the other two minneapolis threads. i posted all my videos.

he only had his shirt off for one song

I have documentation of Adam's state of undressed:

It's not SBS. SBS is the song he put a shirt on for after the unzipped suit of lights (‪U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday" TCF Stadium Minneapolis 7-23-11‬‏ - YouTube, 1:10 mark)

He took off the shirt for (Scarlet &)Walk On, which followed SBS. This was at the end of the main set. I remember him raising both arms about 135 degrees from his torso to wave at the end of the main set. His armpit hair was sparse and grey.

:wink: we have the written documentation now. pity about the shortage of video documentation cos of the rain :D

although the rain was what transpired/inspired the shirt taking-offing

The ultimate ending for the tour for Kamenick will be to see U2 members join Arcade Fire on stage for a collaboration - she hopes.
"And my fingers are crossed for a few extra U2 songs to celebrate the final show of the tour - really really REALLY hoping for Out of Control and Bad, but mostly Out of Control, as it's one of my favourite songs and I've never heard it live and i'll be able to say 'bwahahahahahahaha' to Daniel Raymond and NEVER let him hear the end of it."
dang. that hurts

Minneapolis deserved Bad or Out Of Control... :angry:

I get the sentiment, really I do. Y'know, like every time they're nearing the end of WOWY and I get the intense craving for Bono to sing the coda (it has been a while). But when it's all said and done, I don't think Bad or OOC would have made the TCF experience any better. It was pure magic just the way it was. Another song wasn't going to make me any happier that it was over.

A lot less variation on this last leg of tour but for me it still topped VERTIGO by quite a bit. Made me realize that the reason U2 is my favorite band is I never get sick of any of the songs.

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again... I'm just glad we got the FULL set list this time around, instead of having the concert end earlier due to lightning, rain, whatever. Anything else would've been a bonus, but yeah, that's just me. :)

trevgreg said:
I'll say it before, and I'll say it again... I'm just glad we got the FULL set list this time around, instead of having the concert end earlier due to lightning, rain, whatever. Anything else would've been a bonus, but yeah, that's just me. :)

Totally agree with you. That was a big positive I took from the show

I know a girl who I talked to about coming to the show. She couldn't make it and when I was getting soaked, I kept thinking how glad I was she didn't come.

I talked to her last night and she told me how bummed she was that she wasn't there. And how irritated she gets when another friend of hers talks about the show. She feels as though she missed out.

I need to start feeling fortunate I was at this show.

I felt for sure after One they were going to go "Sorry folks, that's it due to lightning!" and was really relieved when they continued.

. . . still would have like Bad though :reject: :wink:

I know a girl who I talked to about coming to the show. She couldn't make it and when I was getting soaked, I kept thinking how glad I was she didn't come.

I talked to her last night and she told me how bummed she was that she wasn't there. And how irritated she gets when another friend of hers talks about the show. She feels as though she missed out.

Along the same lines, my wife sent me a text at one point that I assumed was sarcastic: "Best concert ever."

She's never been much of a U2 fan, but the next morning I woke up to her looking up info for Pittsburgh (though we didn't actually end up going).

She's never been much of a U2 fan, but the next morning I woke up to her looking up info for Pittsburgh (though we didn't actually end up going).
Hahaha, yay Maryke! :) I didn't know you were considering going to Pittsburgh. That would have been a great one for all of us to do leisurely GA together. Throughout the night I basically looked for spots where I can park myself for 2-3 songs, then wandered around to different points in the field/pit and do the same thing multiple times. Knowing the general setlist I had some idea on where I want to be for certain songs (assuming Bono and Edge stick to the script...) And you could have thrown your banana peel at Interpol band members backstage as we waited for them to come in. :D

It was never under really serious consideration - it was just too short of notice, and the drive was probably just a little bit too long. I think I actually wrote it off before she did :huh:

Actually, she was kinda thinking that St. Louis should eliminate the necessity of going to Minneapolis, though she was more up for going to MN after seeing the St. Louis show :)

I kept waiting for them to pull the plug...

I am grateful I was at the show, and had looked forward to it for so long. Now I have to get past the sadz,which will happen eventually!:D

For some weird reason this week has flown by... and I can't believe it's Friday... I'd be in Minneapolis right now (passed out from drinking at 8 am however... :wink: )

So strange how when you look forward to the concert, how slow time goes... and when you're looking forward, the time passes by so quickly...

Thought about that too during lunch. This time last week I was in Minneapolis hanging out with Alma and Connie and getting ready to go to a kick ass dinner

Thought about that too during lunch. This time last week I was in Minneapolis hanging out with Alma and Connie and getting ready to go to a kick ass dinner

I was busy missing about a half dozen text messages from you - which ultimately led to a bigger surprise when I saw you walk out of that elevator.

Back
Top Bottom