July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one is one of my faves, because it's the 'other three' laughing at 'that one's' bullshit before ISHFWILF...
360-Minneapolis-70-X2.jpg

Sassy Bono
360-Minneapolis-71-X2.jpg

Smiling Larry on film. I win 2011.
360-Minneapolis-72-X2.jpg

A great one of them with K'Naan. (Who is very well known in Canada - I think someone erroneously reported that he lived in Minneapolis, but he lives in Toronto, obviously born in Somalia. He had a huge song here that was massive during the Olympics "Wavin' Flag")
360-Minneapolis-81-X2.jpg

For once, my guy in the spotlight. :)
360-Minneapolis-84-X2.jpg

Adam Clayton photo bomb in my moody beautiful Edge shot...
360-Minneapolis-95-X2.jpg

Beautiful Day... for just a few more minutes...
360-Minneapolis-98-X2.jpg

Run Bono... RUNNNN!!!
360-Minneapolis-106-X2.jpg

Edge playing a guitar I've never seen before for PITNOL - I dragged the camera out from under the poncho just to get this shot. It's a Fender Strat, but I've not seen him use this woodgrain before... (LOSER LOSER LOSER LOL)
360-Minneapolis-111-X2.jpg

K'Naan sings Wavin' Flag? Ok now I know who he is!:doh:

I love that you got some pics of Larry without the FOAD look!:up:

Yep, that's K'Naan ;)

And last but not least, I will fess up and admit fully that I was totally crying when I took this one as Edge strummed his last goodbyes during MoS. Thank goodness I was where I was for this show or I'd not have seen him over there.
:sad::sad::sad::sad:

360-Minneapolis-155-X2.jpg

I love the in a fire part!!! :lmao:

I love the pic of him playing the last notes of MOS. I still have major sadness, but I just counted, and I met over 40 Interferencers over my 5 shows. That is crazy. 40 friends that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for this band. I can only imagine how much fun it will be next time to plan dates knowing all of you now! This is my saving grace. There will be more!

i like knowing that i could get on a plane and go pretty much anywhere in the country and i wouldn't have to look far to find one of my u2 friends.

Hey trevgreg, were you on Edge's side? I saw you in the GA line in your Crazy Tonight shirt, but didn't get a chance to make some inappropriate comment about Adam and that shirt. Yeah, just great, security... biggest band in the biggest concert this stadium has seen and they send in fundraiser-people. More comedy gold from these good old professionals: when the first batch of us entered the pit, one security guard remarked loudly, "WOW I"M SURPRISED TO SEE SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE HERE". And on my way back from the bathroom, an older one exasperatedly said, with a hint of mockery, "outer rail, inner circle..." like we made up some crazy terms. haha. sheesh.

I was actually on the front rail right next to Bono, but it was toward Edge's side if anything. :) Yeah, that was the shirt I was wearing, and I must've had 20 different people talk to me and say how much they liked it, haha. It is a good one though!

Not sure if the security guy was being sarcastic or not, but the funny thing is that I actually did think there were a lot of young people at that particular show. I even got around to asking some of the guys afterward how old they were, and they said anywhere from 17 to 19. I'm in my mid-20s, but it does please me to no end that kids in high school are coming to the shows and enjoying them. I even saw a group of like five of them as I was leaving arguing about which song was the best!

No lie, it was something like this below...

"Man, nothing beats Streets in a live setting!"

"I'm telling you, Elevation is on a level of it's own! How can you say anything else beats that?"

"You guys are all wrong! City of Blinding Lights... IN THE RAIN! The whole crowd was jumping along!"

The security guard I talked to at the rail was actually rather nice, and we had some nice conversations before the show started. Afterward, I wished him luck during the upcoming football season, and he wished me luck with law school (which starts for me next month!).

I don't know why the band thinks the majority of their fan base is 30+ to 40+, but yeah, youth is a currency when it's a perceived rarity, like at a U2 concert. Use your youth wisely for the boys, my friend!

Why is that do you think? This is the only show I've seen on the tour and of course it was in a major thunderstorm so I have nothing to compare it to. Did they move about the stage differently? Sing differently? Was the crowd more/less pumped. Just curious. Sounds like the setlist was virtually the same with the exception of another closing song. I thought that was a bummer but I think they'd HAD IT by that point with the rain and all the technical difficulties.

I'm with ya on the "fast and loose" analysis. I think that the logistics of clearing the stadium was just too much so they said LET IT RIDE and cross your fingers. Yikes..

I realize that my opinion of Chicago might be a bit biased because it was my first U2 show ever, but even the concert veterans I was with sensed something different about the Chicago show. I felt something different because "Space Oddity" wasn't faded down to "Kingdom" before the house lights came off, as I had been expecting. Throw in the 'Achtung Baby" sequence, and I was happier than a pig in slop. This feeling continued all the way through.

The Minnesota show was all about Mama Nature providing a spectacular backdrop, and the band overcoming the temptation to go through the motions and withdraw to a warm locker room. And not only overcoming the temptation, but delivering a smashing performance.

And a final note to the Interferencers that I met:

I know Minneapolis might not have been a "destination show" per se, but there sure was a big crowd of Interference folks at the Leaning Tower Friday night.

i like knowing that i could get on a plane and go pretty much anywhere in the country and i wouldn't have to look far to find one of my u2 friends.

+1000

Thank you so much for everything over the past three weeks. It has been truly unforgettable. From the drunken singalong to "Gone" at Celtic Crossing, to pouring drinks in the Soldier Field GA line, to seeing a one tree hill on the Chicago waterfront, to Edgefest's photo session with one of the moving trucks outside the Leaning Tower, to a New Brickhouse deluge.

Three weeks ago, when I was driving down the Northwest Tollway and was posting to the Chicago meetup, I had no idea the kind of folks I was going to meet. Even through all the GA bulljive, the great qualities of the folks on here shines through.

Thank you, and we'll see you the next time through.

I realize that my opinion of Chicago might be a bit biased because it was my first U2 show ever, but even the concert veterans I was with sensed something different about the Chicago show. I felt something different because "Space Oddity" wasn't faded down to "Kingdom" before the house lights came off, as I had been expecting. Throw in the 'Achtung Baby" sequence, and I was happier than a pig in slop. This feeling continued all the way through.

The Minnesota show was all about Mama Nature providing a spectacular backdrop, and the band overcoming the temptation to go through the motions and withdraw to a warm locker room. And not only overcoming the temptation, but delivering a smashing performance.

Biased or not, there's no denying that Chicago show was something special. As usual. The upper Midwest got some MAJOR love on this tour.

Dammit, why does the tour have to be over?

Biased or not, there's no denying that Chicago show was something special. As usual. The upper Midwest got some MAJOR love on this tour.

Whenever I brought up the words "One Tree Hill" with the Chicago peeps that went to the Minneapolis show too, the looks on their faces said it all.

A great one of them with K'Naan. (Who is very well known in Canada - I think someone erroneously reported that he lived in Minneapolis, but he lives in Toronto, obviously born in Somalia. He had a huge song here that was massive during the Olympics "Wavin' Flag")
360-Minneapolis-81-X2.jpg

Oh, he's the guy who sings that Wavin' Flag song. Which I find extremely annoying, btw :huh:

But the performance with U2 was great, I liked the Stand By Me version, and I like your pictures. This one's great with Bono's smile. :)

There was a moment where during Miss Sarajevo, this guy I had met in the pit, we started singing the opera part, and at the end he goes "nice one!" and we bump knuckles :wink:

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
*throws Dan in the car and drives to Moncton*

that would be awesome. but i would give the setlist the kiss of death and everybody over there would tell security not to let me in.

Back
Top Bottom