July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That'll work. :)

If I send you guys discs with MP3s, are you able to get them onto an iPod? Or would you prefer actual CDs, like "throw it into a CD player and it plays like magic"? ;)

There's a 2nd source up for this show!!! Maybe you should hold off on the copies until you see which version sounds better.

woo hoo :up:

took about 5 minutes to download. sounds rrrrrrrrrrrreally good!

There's a 2nd source up for this show!!! Maybe you should hold off on the copies until you see which version sounds better.

These people throwing up torrents at 1 am are making me regret my decision to get more sleep. :gah:

:wink:

(Also, I love how once one person puts up a show, it encourages others to do it.)

Last edited:
If you put a CD into iTunes, you can convert the files to MP3s. If you have a disc of MP3s, you can do it without converting (plus, it would fit on one disc instead of two for an actual audio CD). Some CD players will play MP3s these days, I think.

I'm downloading the new source and will figure out which one sounds better, and send two CD copies of the show.

You'll just have to live with my personal opinion as to which show sounds better :wink:

If you put a CD into iTunes, you can convert the files to MP3s. If you have a disc of MP3s, you can do it without converting (plus, it would fit on one disc instead of two for an actual audio CD). Some CD players will play MP3s these days, I think.

I like having my iTunes and iPods with Full Audio music instead of mp3s.
/stepping down from my soapbox that no one else cares about.

But if you're keeping/playing it in iTunes, isn't it an MP3 anyway? Or AAC (to use the default Apple format)?

Is "Full Audio" some fancy format I'm unaware of?

But if you're keeping/playing it in iTunes, isn't it an MP3 anyway? Or AAC (to use the default Apple format)?

Is "Full Audio" some fancy format I'm unaware of?

You can use AIFF or WAV as your default file for iTunes, which are full, lossless audio.

AAC is damn close, but not quite there.

Also, your iTunes and iPods can be mixed. I have mostly AIFF files, but some AAC and mp3s, depending on the original source.

Gotcha. I know I have varying files on my iPod (AAC, mp3, mp4), but I generally just stick with burning to MP3 with the highest possible bitrate.

I'm downloading the new source and will figure out which one sounds better, and send two CD copies of the show.

You'll just have to live with my personal opinion as to which show sounds better :wink:

You're the best! Thanks!! :hug:

Hmm. I think the first version of the audio is better, although neither are great.

Happy to have anything from the show, though!

It sounds like posh (sea salt) meets classic (milkshake). Speaking of posh classic... Adam!!

Now thanks to you, we all had to run to the nearest Steak'n'Shake and get a poor imitation. "Caramel nut turtle" or whatever it is :lol:

My first stab at a cover for a recording of this show...

dvdcoverz.jpg

If y'all like to see a waving exodus, check out this MW from Chicago 2011 (which I know many of us were at :) )

U2 Mysterious Ways Live 2011 - YouTube waving at 2:37 mark

Beautiful. Show this to people who can't understand how energetic a U2 concert is. Or those who can't imagine the power of Bono's rock stariness.

I need to lose my inhibitions to MW live again:heart:

Yes, it's just too bad that this video is from Chicago in a Minneapolis thread...that's just downright mean to do! :D

Don't forget Minneapolis Vertigo too...that was great!:wink:

Oh f&@# yes! We got Crumbs that night and the Vertigo encore...that show effing rocked. I remember Lily being all excited because they played it twice - she was convinced that they did it cos she was there and it was her favorite song...she ran around for weeks afterward singing it at the top of her lungs and beating the cushions with Larry's drumsticks...

Oh, to be 8 years old and on the front rail - her mommy is so cool :D

I like having my iTunes and iPods with Full Audio music instead of mp3s.
/stepping down from my soapbox that no one else cares about.

I care...and totally agree with you. Mp3's tend to go missing with iTunes upgrades and the compression can sometimes mess with the quality - especially in the bass (and we all know how I feel about the bass player!)

:sexywink:

The first one didn't sound that bad, but I'm curious as to this one now. Anyone give it a try yet?

are you talking about the ones on U2Start? I had to go to the second version, the first one came up with missing songs when I de-compressed the files...I may have to go back and check the first one out though - the second one has some fool talking through the whole thing...

other than that, pretty good recording...overall, I give it a thumbs-up :applaud:

are you talking about the ones on U2Start? I had to go to the second version, the first one came up with missing songs when I de-compressed the files...I may have to go back and check the first one out though - the second one has some fool talking through the whole thing...

other than that, pretty good recording...overall, I give it a thumbs-up :applaud:

Well, U2start only has the first one there from the looks of it. U2torrents has both of them and I was curious to see how the second one sounded. I didn't think the first one sounded that bad, even considering what the guy said about the mics being not as high after Mysterious Ways.

As for the GA pictures... thank you bonocomet! I can actually see myself up in the front (barely) from the looks of it. I'm assuming the guy with dark hair is me anyway! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom