July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking the other night too however, that my goal in the next 4 years is to save enough cash where I can travel and see U2 in as many states/cities (and maybe even Europe) as possible... there was just something to comforting about seeing them again in Minneapolis, it's as if they never really stopped playing.

I tried to do that in 2005, but ultimately I was only able to really get a month of shows in (since I was stationed in Hawaii) and spent a TON on the tickets, thanks to how great Fanfire's presale went. I ended up canceling stops in Philly and New Jersey since I only had a month with my family after just getting back from Afghanistan. My mom was starting to get irked, since it seemed like I was on leave from the Army to see U2 instead of friends and family :lol:

Thought about that too during lunch. This time last week I was in Minneapolis hanging out with Alma and Connie and getting ready to go to a kick ass dinner

:hug: by this time last week we were already in Days Inn lobby, you cursing Rich for not returning your texts, me hugging Amy and Kristen, Val and Cassie and introducing Connie to them and then not long after we took over the the computers in the lobby to drool and laugh at some of the pictures on PLEBA. :lol:

and then we met up with Alicia and her awesome parents. :cute:

I think it was about this time last week that Val was spraying mace in my eyes and Dan had me in the crossface chickenwing.

Friends, don't get too emotional just yet! Start saving $$ for the Toronto International Film Fest, 8 September (just about a month away). I'm trying to understand how these big film fests work and if we'll get a chance to meet the boys, but till then it's still a possibility of another U2 adventure!

in a few hours it would be the time last week we had to drive through that freaking obstacle course chasing after phantom Walmarts for your poncho and plunger. watch out for the oncoming barrel of drunk monkeys!!

you went looking for a Walmart in Minnesota?!? :cute: There's only about 10 million Targets here :D There's probably as many Targets as there are lakes and enough Walmarts to count on one hand!

Friends, don't get too emotional just yet! Start saving $$ for the Toronto International Film Fest, 8 September (just about a month away). I'm trying to understand how these big film fests work and if we'll get a chance to meet the boys, but till then it's still a possibility of another U2 adventure!

If this was on a Sunday then I would be crazy enough to go to this....but thankfully it's in the middle of the week and I can't get off of work!

in a few hours it would be the time last week we had to drive through that freaking obstacle course chasing after phantom Walmarts for your poncho and plunger. watch out for the oncoming barrel of drunk monkeys!!

That poncho was awesome too. It was shredded by about 10 AM thanks to that storm, and I ended up drenched at the show anyway.

karma bitch slapped me for staying in the room during the morning rain.

you went looking for a Walmart in Minnesota?!? :cute: There's only about 10 million Targets here :D There's probably as many Targets as there are lakes and enough Walmarts to count on one hand!
yeah, this is what we found out eventually :lol: We were only following directions from a couple of guys at the gas station across the street from Leaning Tower. We thought they would sell ponchos, and they said to go to a Walmart which is "not far down this road". We never found one along University Avenue (and that road was under construction so we had to change lanes every few hundred feet and then stop for never-ending red lights, and pull over a couple of times to let an ambulance and a cop cruiser through). :lol: It was an interesting driving experience.

And we finally found a Walgreens to get our stuffs.

yeah, this is what we found out eventually :lol: We were only following directions from a couple of guys at the gas station across the street from Leaning Tower. We thought they would sell ponchos, and they said to go to a Walmart which is "not far down this road". We never found one along University Avenue (and that road was under construction so we had to change lanes every few hundred feet and then stop for never-ending red lights, and pull over a couple of times to let an ambulance and a cop cruiser through). :lol: It was an interesting driving experience.

And we finally found a Walgreens to get our stuffs.

Oh yeah, there's a Walmart at University and Hamline in St. Paul. I just go to the awesome Super Target by there. :up:

I was busy missing about a half dozen text messages from you - which ultimately led to a bigger surprise when I saw you walk out of that elevator.

That was fun meeting people in the hallway like that :lol:.

Thanks to Mark's early posts about potential bad weather, I made a last minute run to CVS to get a poncho before I left Tampa. Thanks Mark :up:

:hug: by this time last week we were already in Days Inn lobby, you cursing Rich for not returning your texts, me hugging Amy and Kristen, Val and Cassie and introducing Connie to them and then not long after we took over the the computers in the lobby to drool and laugh at some of the pictures on PLEBA. :lol:

and then we met up with Alicia and her awesome parents. :cute:

Oh the memories!!!:heart::heart::heart:

DSCN0698.jpg

No photoshop applied - it comes by that "watercolor" filter naturally:
DSCN0759.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

We must have been right next to each other in the Red Zone. Were you on the rail or back a few spots? I was standing directly behind the guy in the plaid shirt in the RZ. I know because he's in all of my photos!

I think we WERE right next to each other in the RZ, but I thought you were on the rail next to EF and company just down from us. Were you behind us? My husband and I were #3 and #4 on the rail (counting from the right, closest to the right hand claw). I think we met at the Leaning Tower meetup and in the RZ line. We gotta get together over cupcakes soon!

The observation that GA was stupid packed now has some numerical backup. From the boxscore thread:

U2, Interpol
TCF Bank Stadium
Minneapolis, Minn.
July 23, 2011
$5,163,440
59,843 /
1 /
$250, $30

If Billboard's number is correct, that means that there were over NINE THOUSAND people on the field at the New Brickhouse. This also explains why Mark and the gals were being pushed around all the way back at the soundboard. For comparison's sake, there were 3,600 on the floor in East Lansing, 5,800 in East Rutherford, 3,800 in Philadelphia, 2,900 in Chicago, 3,500 in Baltimore, and somewhere in the general vicinity of 6,000 in Seattle.

"Did you come here to play *Lightning Flash/Thunder Boom* JEEEEEEsus! "

That was awesome. You could hear the entire stadium do a collective "Ooooh!!" :ohmy: when that happened.

I was surprised when I looked at a minute of video I accidentally shot at one point how many lightning bolts it recorded! :ohmy:

The observation that GA was stupid packed now has some numerical backup. From the boxscore thread:

If Billboard's number is correct, that means that there were over NINE THOUSAND people on the field at the New Brickhouse. This also explains why Mark and the gals were being pushed around all the way back at the soundboard. For comparison's sake, there were 3,600 on the floor in East Lansing, 5,800 in East Rutherford, 3,800 in Philadelphia, 2,900 in Chicago, 3,500 in Baltimore, and somewhere in the general vicinity of 6,000 in Seattle.

yeah this was my one show from way up high in the seats and I took a pic of the GA because it definitely looked way more packed than usual. it was crazy!

Wow, Mark was right. There were a LOT of people in GA!
:

The U said they had 10,880 in GA for this show...it was insane down there and you had to go up to concourse level if you needed to use the restroom and then back down through the back tunnel to get back to the floor. It was ridiculous. next time, the U should take a leaf from Busch stadium and install some portables on the floor.

But the rain was beyond amazing and the show was incredible and I'm still waiting for the Mp3 to become available on U2Start so I can put this one in my collection - it's a keeper!

MsM

Back
Top Bottom