July 20, 2011 - New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome show.

I got there around 1 p.m. and waited by the area where we figured they would arrive. At around 4 or 4:30 p.m., Edge came out and signed autographs. That was a cool experience since this was the first time that I got a chance to get up close to any of the guys. He was the only one to come out and I left to go inside around 5:15 p.m.
As they walked onto the stage, I saw Larry smile. That got me excited since Larry rarely smiles. He must have been happy to see the crowd getting pysched.

The show was kick-ass to start with the AB songs and they played my fav live song, UTEOTW. During Miss Sarajevo, two ladies next to me asked me if that was a new song since they never heard it before. My jaw dropped. But I was polite and told them it was a song they did in 1993 with Luciano Pavarati.

I thought the crowd was great. Understandably, the set of Stay, Miss Saravejo and Zooropa brought the crowd down a bit, but they got back up with COBL, Crazy, SBS and Vertigo.

I was really moved by Walk On and One. They nailed it.
HMTMKM was another treat for me.
After they finished MOS, it seemed like they were ready to walk off the stage and end the show. But they quickly turned around and Bono said, "One more" and they played Out of Control, which got me so pumped.

I wanted to see Adam smile more, but the times I saw him, he was serious for the most part.

The show was nearly 2-and-a-half hours long, but it was incredible. I was screaming and jumping, but less so toward the end because I was afraid of losing my voice.

New Jersey shows are always great, and I think the guys really enjoy when they do shows here in Jersey because of the amazing crowds.

I'll probably write more details when I recover...

Got there at 3:30pm, food/drink/music...met some great people.

The Fly:up: the light show is so damn good, I think it gave me a seizure.
His voice is amazing during Miss Sarevjo.
I thought the stadium would collapse during Streets..
Shed a tear during the outro to Walk On....why? I have no idea.
Had no idea the stadium sold margaritas....tequila was perfect after hours of drinking in the sun....haha

traffic was rough....

my parking lots peeps were great, my section 226 inside the show were rocking....such a fun night...Thanks U2...I hope to see you again soon.:drool::wave::applaud:

IMG00208-20110720-2236.jpg

You are fast! And you know which one we really want to see :lol:
I can't view that yet since I'm at work, but I'm sure it's pretty outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

Haha those are my YouTube policies.

Fast uploads. I don't look through the camera. I don't edit the shot. Raw and uncut. Explains the choppy video but as far as I'm concerned the sound quality is what really matters!

I'm about 3/4 my way through my uploads right now! Also, my pleasure to share!

U2 - "Where the Streets Have No Name" (Live) at New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ

Anyone catch the dumbass that got tackled by security during Streets? And anyone have video of the Edge starting Stuck by mistake? Great show

And anyone have video of the Edge starting Stuck by mistake? Great show

That was hilarious. When Stuck started I said "Hold on, I thought they were playing Stay?" Then he realized and switched gears. :lol:

Can't wait to see myself on the Fan Cam...
hyper.gif

How long will it take until the NJ Fan Cam is up?

Oh God, we were in the middle of arguing with people trying to cut in front of us, so I dread how that will turn out. :angry:

Awesome show!! Twas my last.. Had outside rail on edge's side.. awesome spot. Loved the show and was thrilled by the setlist and ending with OOC was spectacular. Bono literally sang to us during a part of beautiful day (me julie and heather with JCoster right behind us). And of course my damn camera battery died right before this so I couldn't get it.:grumpy: :mad: but the pics I did get I just posted on FB..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2282675185647.2138836.1211860041&l=44574db8e2&type=1

Also just random thoughts about the show....
Edge was just incredible
Bono sounded great
After seeing them in Miami - I was meh, but this show was so fantastic that this would crack my top 5 of 26 all time shows - just plain Awesome
Crowd was unbelievabley into it
Highlights for me: The Fly, Zooropa, Streets, Miss Serijevo, HMTMKMKM, EBTTRT, MOS, OOC

U2 Moment: Walk On cried like a baby - I lost my Dad 2 weeks ago and finally said goodbye

LowLights: I arrived from FL thinking that possibly it would be a bit cooler up here :doh:

DOH Numb... you're on the other side of the stage. I thought the soundboard was the ramp for a second and then I realized... that's a sea of people lol.

I'm going through all my video now.. I don't remember loosing my shit during Out of Control, but I must have as it is all blurry now

Oh and I got a shot of the guy during streets jumping the barrier and running the catwalk without realizing it

I'm going through all my video now.. I don't remember loosing my shit during Out of Control, but I must have as it is all blurry now

Oh and I got a shot of the guy during streets jumping the barrier and running the catwalk without realizing it

I think we all went out of control during Out of Control! My uneasy hand during the video (I assume) garnered my two first dislikes on YouTube ever.

I think we all went out of control during Out of Control! My uneasy hand during the video (I assume) garnered my two first dislikes on YouTube ever.

That's why, although I nearly always take video of special moments, I didn't shoot video either time they played OOC at shows I went to this year, I can't stay still for it and still enjoy it. :)

I honestly forget my camera is there. It might as well be embedded into my palm :lol:

To me though, YouTube is a very big hobby. So is U2. I don't video the shows just for the memory. I know tons of videos will be out there of the concert. I love that I can do both, but I will refuse to let one ruin the other. Everything works out great for me. I just throw away the really bad footage (and there's a lot of it!).

Back
Top Bottom