July 20, 2011 - New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome show!! Twas my last.. Had outside rail on edge's side.. awesome spot. Loved the show and was thrilled by the setlist and ending with OOC was spectacular. Bono literally sang to us during a part of beautiful day (me julie and heather with JCoster right behind us). And of course my damn camera battery died right before this so I couldn't get it.:grumpy: :mad: but the pics I did get I just posted on FB..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2282675185647.2138836.1211860041&l=44574db8e2&type=1

3rd time and 3rd show he stopped and sang that song infront of me....and its my fave!

Stop talking about Bad/"40" it breaks my heart if there was any truth to that :(

Other than that though, phenomenal, phenomenal show.

Thanks for posting your video, I was in such awe that I didn't even look at the screen.

Maybe they just put three choices down and depending on how the crowd was they would play according. :hmm:

The only problem I had and the same last time at the stadium is when you go through security check, some women.....don't know enough to bring a small tiny bag with them and whats aloud to be in it, second time I got stuck with some drunk chick cutting the line and making a major scene.

Other than that the GA line was great from 11:30 when I got there. :applaud::wink:

and oh so worth it!

My 4th and last 360 show, way up in the gods at the back. Really enjoyed it. After the nerve-inducing experience that was seeing them at Glastonbury, this felt much more like a celebration for the faithful :wink:

On a personal note, I thought Bono singing Halleluyah into Streets was one of those magical goosebumps moments that has to rank as one of the best live music moments ever for me. :drool:

Dunno whether this is the norm for US crowds but the exodus of people after Streets around me in the upper tier was unbelievable. Missing 5-6 songs just because they wanted to miss the crowd afterwards. Crazy people.

Had an amazing time. Was number 43 in the queue. The day was a blast - I ended up center outer rail. Bono sang the beginning of UTEOTW to me! Any videos, please let me know!

:hi5:

253372_10150715297340104_546835103_19731172_8289595_n.jpg
Nice Manchester jersey!

I'd like to see you wearing a CR7 jersey next time.

It was a great show ! What I would like to find out is this...During "with or without you" I had a girl passout right in front of me. I had someone go get security and was able to to get her concious again. we were on the floor adams side close to the exit. I told security they better move fast because @ the end of the next song thousands of people were coming for that exit. They finally picked her up and carried her off. I would like to know if she is OK. If anyone knows her could you let me Know? Thanks.

Headache, there, no way that's you !!! WOW !! You lost a lot of weight.

Yborcityobl, if you're facing the stage, we walked in from the left....

She remembers me, huh?:D

On a personal note, I thought Bono singing Halleluyah into Streets was one of those magical goosebumps moments that has to rank as one of the best live music moments ever for me. :drool:

I watched it on You Tube, it was indeed magical, though I think I enjoyed the Montreal version even more, maybe because Montreal is Leonard Cohen's home and you could hear the crowd sing along to it. Great performance by Bono, I wish he'd sang that snippet more often. Goosebumps moment indeed.

Crazy Levi, you took the words right outta my mouth. I was shocked to come to this thread and read that it was the best show ever for some people. Clearly they've never seen any shows on Elevation or maybe they have and just keep on drinking the U2 kool-aid no matter what they do. This was my 24th U2 show, and my 3rd 360 show and while it was better than the other 360 shows I saw (both in Foxboro) it didn't hold a candle to any other show I've seen. I'm SO over the stadium tour thing too - what a waste of a tour!

Dunno whether this is the norm for US crowds but the exodus of people after Streets around me in the upper tier was unbelievable. Missing 5-6 songs just because they wanted to miss the crowd afterwards. Crazy people.

I was stunned at the amount of people who left BEFORE Streets in Toronto, in the pit!! :doh:

well what a lot of people do in the pit is leave to the exits but wait on the stairs. I did so in Philly because I had a train to catch uptown at 12:15 a.m.. The only song I missed was MOS, but I left during One and watched Streets/WOWY from the stands.

Missing 5-6 songs just because they wanted to miss the crowd afterwards. Crazy people.

I left early...during With or Without You.

Why?

Why not? The last thing I need to hear is that song for the 1000th time, and I could care less about Moment of Surrender.

And, unlike the last show at Giants Stadium, I didn't want to get back at 2 am.

Going out to the Meadowlands in Jersey sucks. So does skipping a few songs but it was nice to be back home by 12:15.

Crazy Levi, you took the words right outta my mouth. I was shocked to come to this thread and read that it was the best show ever for some people. Clearly they've never seen any shows on Elevation or maybe they have and just keep on drinking the U2 kool-aid no matter what they do. This was my 24th U2 show, and my 3rd 360 show and while it was better than the other 360 shows I saw (both in Foxboro) it didn't hold a candle to any other show I've seen. I'm SO over the stadium tour thing too - what a waste of a tour!

Well, shows mean different things to different people and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

My favorite was the Elevation show in DC. After that probably Pop in Clemson and then 2005 in Boston. These 360 shows run a distant last to all of them for me.

Crazy Levi, you took the words right outta my mouth. I was shocked to come to this thread and read that it was the best show ever for some people. Clearly they've never seen any shows on Elevation or maybe they have and just keep on drinking the U2 kool-aid no matter what they do.

How about respecting other people's opinions? There's nothing wrong with fans saying a certain show was the best they've ever seen. There has been enough negativity on this forum, coming here seing people's enthusiasm is a beautiful thing. Some people are bitter and cannot accept that. If you feel the Elevation tour was better, that's fine for you, but please let other people have their opinion. Most of us have seen several shows during different U2 tours and no one is stupid or deluded to like a 360 show better.

I love to come hear and hear and read people's show experiences, see pictures, videos, etc. I miss U2, these current shows are too far away for me, I wish I could see them one more time on this tour, but sadly it's not possible. So I kind of live the whole concert experience again with people's reactions and reviews. I wouldn't come here if I thought U2 was crap and their current tour sucked. I loved the show's I've seen, some were better, some not so great, but I've never been to a bad U2 show. I've been to other bad concerts, though.

And I'd never leave before the last song has ended and U2 has left the stage. I have seen dozens of U2 shows, I never left earlier, even though I knew it would be chaotic afterwards when the masses are starting to leave, but that's part of the concert experience. All this traffic hysteria is something I cannot understand. I don't expect a big rock concert to be stress-free, I like chaos and I don't care if it takes me all night to get home.​

Different shows mean different things to fans. After seeing so many shows going back to '87, for some reason this one was special. When I go to a show, I expect the band I love to get up there and do their thing. And thats exactly what they did! :D

I left early...during With or Without You.

Why?

Why not? The last thing I need to hear is that song for the 1000th time, and I could care less about Moment of Surrender.

And, unlike the last show at Giants Stadium, I didn't want to get back at 2 am.

Going out to the Meadowlands in Jersey sucks. So does skipping a few songs but it was nice to be back home by 12:15.

you missed out of control though!

Also just random thoughts about the show....
Edge was just incredible
Bono sounded great
After seeing them in Miami - I was meh, but this show was so fantastic that this would crack my top 5 of 26 all time shows - just plain Awesome
Crowd was unbelievabley into it
Highlights for me: The Fly, Zooropa, Streets, Miss Serijevo, HMTMKMKM, EBTTRT, MOS, OOC

U2 Moment: Walk On cried like a baby - I lost my Dad 2 weeks ago and finally said goodbye

LowLights: I arrived from FL thinking that possibly it would be a bit cooler up here :doh:

:hug:

lost mine a bout a month ago that night

U2 kool aid? What the hell does that even mean?

socruel7 and Crazy Levi

I've seen 11 shows over the last decade. I wasn't that impressed with the Elevation shows I saw. Sure they were fun, but I wanted more from the band those nights. Especially on the third leg.

The 7/20 show gave me everything I personally want in a U2 show--a great rocking set, spectacle, and energy from the band. This show far surpassed any show I've seen. Everything from the setlist to the energy of the band was top notch for me. It was absolutely perfect. The opening 7 songs were incredible. Hearing Zooropa and Hold Me Thrill Me was a dream come through. I thought tired songs like Pride and I Still Haven't Found had a new energy that was lacking the other times I saw them.

Sorry that the majority of people in this thread don't meet your pretentious expectations

Back
Top Bottom