July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing show, as usual!

I was dead center in the pit, on top of the yellow rubber thing that they put over the wires. I'm already about 6 foot, but it gave me a few extra inches which was very nice :)

Even had enough room to jump without having to worry about hitting others or landing on their toes :huh:

I took some pictures with my Droid X, so nothing to great, but I didn't get a few shots that are pretty decent for a phone camera that I'll post a little later :sexywink:

This was my hometown show and it was great. The crowd was noisy as they usually are in Philly. I was happy to hear Magnificent again too. I also had a few friends who were at their first show and they loved it. They want to see them again. I also got a setlist from Brian. He must of saw my sign saying I was home.

The GA line went well except after we went in. The security wanted us to stay in number order going up the steps and they didn't tell us that. Everyone from the back pushed their way up to the front and a lot of high number people who weren't supposed to be in the first 100 let in, were on the front rail and low number people were in the second row.

It was complete random luck that we all ended up standing next to each other! Pure random luck!

That was what was so awesome! I was completely shocked that we all ended up next to each other.

Btw I can't find myself at all in the fan cam pic up on u2.com. There's too many hands up! Should've been done from the stage.

Yeah our area is just a bunch of hands... really stupid to take the photo shot from the catwalk. Oh well... the experience is much better than some photograph.

Do we not have blue crackers from this area? :wink:

Ok, I'll be the first!

It was a hometown show for me, so I was really excited. The weather could not be better. Bono stopped and did a short meet & greet with the fans (that I missed :doh: but I caught up with a fellow fan from Wilmington who got a kiss from Bono and her son got an autograph from him :) ).

It wasn't my favorite show this tour, but being a hometown show, it was special nonetheless. My coworkers and friends were at the show, it was their first time seeing The Claw, and it was just priceless to hear how much they enjoyed the show. We got Magnificent back, one of my favorite songs from NLOTH! Loved it! Bono mentioned that majority of us held on to our original tickets (from 2009), I don't know if he was referring to the tour in general, or specifically for Philadelphia. And he mentioned about the special connection the band has with their audience. It was really great to hear him acknowledge us and he ended the segment with his usual "Thank you for giving us a great life"

My friend Connie (lovezeuser) and I got to meet with Phil, Dallas, and took a picture with Stu. It was a mini meet & greet with the techs. It amuses me how these techs are starting to adopt the mannerisms of the band members they work for. I mean Dallas has always been very friendly and very cool, like The Edge, who would always be the first one to make a beeline towards the gathered crowd and start shaking people's hands. Dallas takes the time to read your signs (even if they were made for U2, not him, he likes reading them and acknowledging them). Phil manages to always look confused. Just like Bono. :lol: But very generous. Like Bono again.

Stu has even grown more flirtatious and showy now. He poses for pictures on the catwalk, and when we met him yesterday, he was reserved (he looked like he was waiting for somebody) but he obliged our request to pose for pictures with him with a 1000-watt smile. Just like Adam would.

And Sam? Sam was nowhere to be found. Sound familiar??? :lol:

Cute analogy! Pics with the techs, please?

How do you ever get to meet the techs? I've given up on meeting the elusive band, but maybe the techs are more possible, I hope. Should I stand by the transport trucks or something? :hmm:

Cute analogy! Pics with the techs, please?

How do you ever get to meet the techs? I've given up on meeting the elusive band, but maybe the techs are more possible, I hope. Should I stand by the transport trucks or something? :hmm:
Oh yes, I forgot I promised to post them here. I will post the pics. They're on my phone, so I have to upload them somewhere first.

I don't really know what the techs' schedules are. We were lucky, we waited at the gate used by the band to enter, after we'd missed Bono's meet & greet. About an hour or so after the band soundcheck was done, the techs (and Jake Berry too) started coming out. They all had people to meet by the gate (their relatives/friends/some other people) that they gave day passes to, but before they went back inside, we called them over, and all three had time to stop and shake our hands, etc. :)

interfr.jpg
Look how young those fans are....fantastic! :applaud:

I'm an old fogie!

I'm thrilled to see younger fans...they know what is real and what is not (Insert any current pop artist here)

U2 appeals to kids, young adults, and older-ish adults as well...That's a tough trick to pull off.:love:

One thing I realize after meetin people "of Bono's age" :lol: in GA lines, is that it's not about age. You either get it, or don't get it. We here are all lucky to have received U2's musical sacrament (quoting Glastonbury, the song)

The saddest are those who know quite a bit of U2 discography, but think of the band as nothing more than tune-churners. They have no clue on the message and ideas of U2.

But having said that, it does appear that the band enjoys seeming young faces in the audience, maybe it makes them feel cool or young again :wink:

But having said that, it does appear that the band enjoys seeming young faces in the audience, maybe it makes them feel cool or young again :wink:

I definitely agree with that. Edge glanced over at me a couple times while he was playing and seemed glad to see me, a young person, teenager to be exact, in the inner circle, let alone at the show. It lets them know they can still connect with younger people. I'm in full support of U2 and I don't hang around many kids who like their bubble gum pop music that won't matter in a few years.

Edge quote :edge::
"For me the term "pop" is like a candy bar. You buy it because you like it, you eat it, and then you throw it away. It has no long-term meaning or value."

^^OMG Edge looked up from his guitar at you? You lucky:wink:

Alright, tell Philly stories, you Philly folks!

Look how young those fans are....fantastic! :applaud:

I'm an old fogie!

Now normally I would say age is just a number... but you somehow managed to quote someone other than myself posting that photo :huh:

Haha just kidding. Those few in the back really got it going on the U2 level. They're at Letterman and the sort, I believe. So I assume they'll also be at New Meadowlands... we were the total U2 youth group right there... and the guys to our left weren't much older too (early-mid 20s). It was pretty cool, a very big mix of ages around there.

One thing I realize after meetin people "of Bono's age" :lol: in GA lines, is that it's not about age. You either get it, or don't get it. We here are all lucky to have received U2's musical sacrament (quoting Glastonbury, the song)

The saddest are those who know quite a bit of U2 discography, but think of the band as nothing more than tune-churners. They have no clue on the message and ideas of U2.

I can attest to that. My 11 year old son had his personal moment with Bono during COBL, right at the very end as he was walking past RZ1. My son managed to catch his eye and he looked down and smiled as he said one of his "blessings". He was getting all sorts of "congrats" from the people around us afterwards and at the end of the show. It really made it a special moment for him, and i'm pretty sure Bono liked seeing a kid his age (and there were many of them) as well. I don't doubt at all that it makes him feel younger.....today's kids are a tough bunch when it comes to musical likes. To get the younger set to be receptive to U2 is a pretty big feat, I think. Especially when the bulk of my son's friends are either into T-Pain, Eminem, or Sean Kingston.

u2philly.jpg

^aww, congrats to you both! and vjacqb, thanks for the Dallas and Phil (in Philly :lol: pics) See you at leaning tower tomorrow!

Great picture - I was in RZ line behind you all day and next to you on the rail until I let the pregnant lady in between us- there seemed to be plenty of room and I figured she needed the support. So glad that your son got the look from Bono and that he really enjoyed the show.

Cheers,

Peggy

Meeting Bono

We were very lucky to have met Bono before the show. My friend and I both got a kiss. It was amazing. Need to figure out how to post the pics. My husband also got video and it's on youtube. Search Bono greeting fans in Philly. Also met Edge outside Giants Stadium.

Mari

Great picture - I was in RZ line behind you all day and next to you on the rail until I let the pregnant lady in between us- there seemed to be plenty of room and I figured she needed the support. So glad that your son got the look from Bono and that he really enjoyed the show.

Cheers,

Peggy

It was great meeting everyone there, Peggy......as usual, we had a fantastic time, and yes, our son had a great time. Was a fun moment for him. It was his 6th show of the tour, but he seemed to enjoy it more than all of the previous ones.

Great meeting you!

Back
Top Bottom