July 11, 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EdgeFest said:
We were 18-21 :)

We were 43 and 44 but the way the pens worked out we were lined up next to you I think. You had the hat with the ace?

EdgeFest said:
But of course, EdgeFest's signature ;)

Too bad you didn't say hi!

I haven't been around here much so I didn't know you. It wasn't until after the show that I saw your picture here and on Romi's group thingy that I thought "heeeeeey, I think we were next to her"

We thought Tony did an awesome job running the line. Much more organized compared to Raleigh 2009, which was a zoo. Got our room at the Renaissance at 10pm Sunday night, and we were 218-220. Bumped up to 181-183 after the 6am shuffle. Was nice to have Hortons and Spot coffee so close.

Did anyone notice the signs on the doors stating that the show was being filmed, and by entering, you consent to be part of it? What were they filming for?

Did anyone notice the signs on the doors stating that the show was being filmed, and by entering, you consent to be part of it? What were they filming for?

They put that disclaimer up at every show! I want to hear what happened on the U2 Courtesy Channel in the hotel rooms, did they screen the show? Apologies if I missed that one

Here are a few of my shots. What an awesome concert! :applaud:

5935624502_257a6f050f.jpg

5935064837_ba8ebefdbb.jpg

5935067427_949894a3ce.jpg

5935628108_87188f41e9.jpg

5935629160_97736ebb3d.jpg

5935630868_25e3bdc381.jpg

5935070819_173610bcf6.jpg

Here is one video I took out of many. This one is of Mysterious Ways, one of my favourites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5puTZa8vvNU&feature=channel_video_title

A few more:
5935071145_54923b84d6.jpg

5935071405_a7027d95ae.jpg

5935071787_22c19ea955.jpg

5935072343_60d6cca6bc.jpg

5935072883_4d7fe9a91a.jpg

5935637616_b00589cc78.jpg

Oh yes and one of the funniest parts of the Concert starts at 2:38 in the video below. During the Bridge in Elevation, Bono says these lines instead of the usual ones. Have a listen to that part, I was laughing my head off. :D

".....Love... Take me across the bridge...Take me to the other side... I got Canada, shining from ma backside!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GICNn1h80u8&feature=channel_video_title

I was too. His snippets were really muffled to me in the pit. But I did here the word backside.

What bridge was he referring to?

The Bridge that crosses from the main stage to the circular catwalk, the one that he walks over when saying those lines in the video.

Did anyone figure out if they started letting in the line at gate 5 before everyone at gate 11 was inside? I was #321 at gate 5, and as I approached the field I noticed that people were entering from the opposite side of the stadium.

I had heard that they were going to allow 10 minutes for the gate 11 line to enter before opening gate 5, even though that could not have been enough time for everyone at gate 11 to enter ... and even though everyone at gate 5 would have joined the GA line later than everyone at gate 11.

Whatever, I got a good spot in the pit anyway.

I wish I had gotten in the Pit. How early did the two of you arrive to get in. I was there around 6:00pm on Monday Evening. I didn't get there as early as I would have liked because I was occupied for most of the day, plus I had others with me who didn't necessarily want to wait.

I wish I had gotten in the Pit. How early did the two of you arrive to get in. I was there around 6:00pm on Monday Evening. I didn't get there as early as I would have liked because I was occupied for most of the day, plus I had others with me who didn't necessarily want to wait.

I was in the pit and I got there at 4 am. I was 54 in the first round of checking in and then 38 in the Official U2 numbering.

I was Front Row in the Pit though, on Edge's side. If you want to be Front Row you gotta check in at least the day before like we all did. If you want to at least have a decent spot in the pit you need to be there sometime in the am.

I have to admit: I love being up close and personal with the band. I love seeing Bono's facial expressions etc.

I don't like the sound in the first two rows of the pit, well at least at a venue like the Skydome. In fact, I think it's quite crappy.

I also wish I could see Larry better.

The best experience I've had so far this tour I think has been in the back row of the pit. I still got tons of eye contact with the band, I felt the love, and I got to see the full intent of the visuals, and most importantly, heard the sound coming over the PA the way it's supposed to be heard.

Just sayin.

About the weed.

There was a woman maybe 3 rows from the front rail who came up to security and said the guy next to her was smoking weed. She came back 5 minutes later to say he had told her something to the effect of, "Too bad for you they didn't do a knife search on me."

That douchecanoe was right beside me, well, in front of me, really (though he wasn't supposed to be). He was the biggest ass I have ever born witness to in GA at a U2 concert- or maybe in GA at ANY concert.

My friends and I were 299, 300 & 301, we lined up around 7am, and when we got in we sat down like most people around us since we knew it was going to be a long wait for the show to start (more on that later.) That guy and his friend acted like they were walking in front of us to get somewhere and then just stopped right in front of me. To make matters worse he stood facing me so he could talk to his buddy, which meant that I basically had this garbage asshole with his nasty-ass breath talking in my face during the entire wait. He started out "joking" about kicking the shit out of people to get to the front, was clearly completely smashed and didn't appear to even care about U2- I'm pretty sure I heard him say he was only there for "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and how it was going to be a "bloody Monday" once the music started. So he had already pissed off people well enough even before the cigarettes came out, then the weed. The girl who reported him was probably just looking for some reason to get him out of there, he made everyone so uncomfortable and didn't give a fuck about anything anyone said to him. I heard him say the thing about the knife as well, he also then "joked" about he was going to assault the girl with it in pretty graphic detail.

I said to my friends while this was going on- of course it's one thing when the show starts, you have to expect crowding, pushing, smoking, whatever- but why must some insist on being complete oblivious assbags during that waiting time which is so excruciating?

And yeah, speaking of which, I think they opened the gates far too early this time around. That 3+ hours of waiting packed in like sardines in the heat & humidity was utter hell, and I have done many, many GA line-ups and waits in my lifetime. They also should have made sure that water was available in that weather, even if only to purchase, I ended up finally having to push my way out of the pit during HMKMKMTM because I was so desperately thirsty. I then went over to the refreshment set-up on the ground and they refused to sell me any- told me I had to go all the way up the stairs and into the lobby. Needless to say, I suffered and waited til the end of the show.

BUT- despite all that, the show was amazing and totally worth it :D. The first few songs felt like I was able to go back in time and see the ZOO TV show I wanted to see so badly as a preteen. The setlist was a little disappointing, as they played all four of my "could live without them" songs (SBS, Pride, Elevation, Walk On) and I really, really missed the NLOTH songs- I thought I'd at least get to hear Magnificent live again. However, seeing/hearing Zooropa was a consolation prize. :D

I have to admit: I love being up close and personal with the band. I love seeing Bono's facial expressions etc.

I don't like the sound in the first two rows of the pit, well at least at a venue like the Skydome. In fact, I think it's quite crappy.

I also wish I could see Larry better.

The best experience I've had so far this tour I think has been in the back row of the pit. I still got tons of eye contact with the band, I felt the love, and I got to see the full intent of the visuals, and most importantly, heard the sound coming over the PA the way it's supposed to be heard.

Just sayin.

I agree with you 100%. For this show, I was one away from the back rail, Edge's side, and I loved it. Clear views of all of the band, and it was great to be so close to the catwalk.:up:

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. I was with GG but the heat was too much for me so I Arrived in the GA line pretty late. We were supposed to end up at the Elevations show after, but that didn't happen!

That douchecanoe was right beside me, well, in front of me, really (though he wasn't supposed to be). He was the biggest ass I have ever born witness to in GA at a U2 concert- or maybe in GA at ANY concert.

My friends and I were 299, 300 & 301, we lined up around 7am, and when we got in we sat down like most people around us since we knew it was going to be a long wait for the show to start (more on that later.) That guy and his friend acted like they were walking in front of us to get somewhere and then just stopped right in front of me. To make matters worse he stood facing me so he could talk to his buddy, which meant that I basically had this garbage asshole with his nasty-ass breath talking in my face during the entire wait. He started out "joking" about kicking the shit out of people to get to the front, was clearly completely smashed and didn't appear to even care about U2- I'm pretty sure I heard him say he was only there for "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and how it was going to be a "bloody Monday" once the music started. So he had already pissed off people well enough even before the cigarettes came out, then the weed. The girl who reported him was probably just looking for some reason to get him out of there, he made everyone so uncomfortable and didn't give a fuck about anything anyone said to him. I heard him say the thing about the knife as well, he also then "joked" about he was going to assault the girl with it in pretty graphic detail.

I said to my friends while this was going on- of course it's one thing when the show starts, you have to expect crowding, pushing, smoking, whatever- but why must some insist on being complete oblivious assbags during that waiting time which is so excruciating?

See - and this is where a person might have mistook my earlier comments for weakness (ie letting someone pass) - what I don't get is why you guys put up with this, only to come write about it on a message board a few days later. Should we be unnecessarily confrontational? Hell no. But if some asshole pulled up in front of me or anyone else around me, *especially a lady fan, and and started this crap, and then made graphically threatening comments about some girl ie cutting them up - I'm not letting that go down. Knife or no knife, he's out. Period. And I'm gonna make it loud and clear enough that I have everyone around me 100% behind my actions.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

See - and this is where a person might have mistook my earlier comments for weakness (ie letting someone pass) - what I don't get is why you guys put up with this, only to come write about it on a message board a few days later. Should we be unnecessarily confrontational? Hell no. But if some asshole pulled up in front of me or anyone else around me, *especially a lady fan, and and started this crap, and then made graphically threatening comments about some girl ie cutting them up - I'm not letting that go down. Knife or no knife, he's out. Period. And I'm gonna make it loud and clear enough that I have everyone around me 100% behind my actions.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Because if you try to do something, security fucking threatens YOU with being removed from the stadium instead of taking care of the asshat. :| That's what happened to me in TO and what ruined my mood. Some asshole douchebag came to stand in front of us with his gf, we kindly asked him if he was going to continue towards his own spot, he told me that he didn't cause this was "how GA works". I told him it wasn't how U2 GA works, that we line up early and you can't just come in there and stand in front of people that have been there since 4am, it's just not polite nor common courtesy. He finely told me he paid the same for his ticket as I did and that he had every right to be there. I turned to security, who basically told me that the guy was right. WTF? And then when I explained him how stuff works at a u2 show, that people can pass through because others know that it's just to get back to their spot, they don't expect douchebags to just get a new spot, he threatened to kick me out.

And it got worse, as soon as the show started asshat took of his shirt and started moving it over his head. He smelled fucking HORRIBLE. Security did make him put it back on, but he kept moving with his arm like a retard, air drumming(completely out of time, btw) and shouting and clapping when NOBODY else did in the middle of songs. He ruined so many of my photos by bumping in to me and completely ruined my view on a LOT of songs. :|

This is such a contrast from Security in Amsterdam and Dublin, where the same thing happened. They just kindly asked the douchebags to keep moving to their spot, which they obeyed.

Because if you try to do something, security fucking threatens YOU with being removed from the stadium instead of taking care of the asshat. :| That's what happened to me in TO and what ruined my mood. Some asshole douchebag came to stand in front of us with his gf, we kindly asked him if he was going to continue towards his own spot, he told me that he didn't cause this was "how GA works". I told him it wasn't how U2 GA works, that we line up early and you can't just come in there and stand in front of people that have been there since 4am, it's just not polite nor common courtesy. He finely told me he paid the same for his ticket as I did and that he had every right to be there. I turned to security, who basically told me that the guy was right. WTF? And then when I explained him how stuff works at a u2 show, that people can pass through because others know that it's just to get back to their spot, they don't expect douchebags to just get a new spot, he threatened to kick me out.

Wild. That same thing happened with us a few times, and everyone told em to keep it moving, and they did. Woulda been funny if you just stepped back in front of him, I guess, and give him a taste of his own medicine. I can't believe that security guy though, that's nuts. I don't know all the details, clearly, but you kinda have to get a few people chanting at the offender first, so that it's clear as a bell that noone wants him there - on those grounds, he becomes the problem, and security removes the problem. So I think you kindof have to get support before you approach security. If it's just one or two people getting in security's ear, and they look around and noone else seems to care..well then they might just say the people in their ear are the problem. See what I mean? I dunno. I feel for you, though!!

Wild. That same thing happened with us a few times, and everyone told em to keep it moving, and they did. Woulda been funny if you just stepped back in front of him, I guess, and give him a taste of his own medicine. I can't believe that security guy though, that's nuts. I don't know all the details, clearly, but you kinda have to get a few people chanting at the offender first, so that it's clear as a bell that noone wants him there - on those grounds, he becomes the problem, and security removes the problem. So I think you kindof have to get support before you approach security. If it's just one or two people getting in security's ear, and they look around and noone else seems to care..well then they might just say the people in their ear are the problem. See what I mean? I dunno. I feel for you, though!!

We did that. Everyone around me also asked him to fuck off, and then he became rude and we tried to be polite, but he just kept standing there. The security guy even literally said the guy was an asshole, but that he could't do anything! Wtffffffff!

Back
Top Bottom