29 May 2011 - Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DSCF1367.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1511.jpg

Great pix everyone!

Okay, now there is talk about me and H lining up early for Anaheim 1. I'd love to get some of those great pix.

Kristen and I had a Bono moment. It is between :07 and :14 seconds in. He stops swinging from the mic right in front of us. He stops, stares, looks away, and then looks back and says "How are you? ....Good." Just a brief moment, but for the 2 of us, amazing beyond words! :drool::hyper::combust::faint:

That is so cool! Did you have a sign or were you yelling at him or none of the above? :D
Just curious how to get the Bonosapien to stop and notice!:lol:

Did you see any good signs in the crowd?

Did he pass out roses to the pit? Where was he standing?

We did nothing to get him to stop. He was just swinging, and when the swinging stopped, he was looking right at us. I am sure Kristen and I looked absolutely stunned.:lol: When he asked us how we were, we couldn't even respond, so my hubby gave a thumbs up and Bono said "good." Talk about being in the right place at the right time!:up:

The roses he threw out on the bridge and catwalk, and they went everywhere, not just the pit. He threw them out one at a time. That moment was sweet!:heart: I was front row, slightly off centre, on Adam's side, so I couldn't really see any signs!

ETA: Maro, your pics are EPIC!!!!!!!!!

I hear you! My arthritis wasn't too happy, but it was soo worth it!:shifty:

Kristen and I had a Bono moment. It is between :07 and :14 seconds in. He stops swinging from the mic right in front of us. He stops, stares, looks away, and then looks back and says "How are you? ....Good." Just a brief moment, but for the 2 of us, amazing beyond words! :drool::hyper::combust::faint:

YouTube - ‪U2 - HOLD ME THRILL ME KISS ME KILL ME - WINNIPEG - MAY 29 2011‬‏

Best moment ever!!! :drool: :heart:

We did nothing to get him to stop. He was just swinging, and when the swinging stopped, he was looking right at us. I am sure Kristen and I looked absolutely stunned.:lol: When he asked us how we were, we couldn't even respond, so my hubby gave a thumbs up and Bono said "good." Talk about being in the right place at the right time!:up:

The roses he threw out on the bridge and catwalk, and they went everywhere, not just the pit. He threw them out one at a time. That moment was sweet!:heart: I was front row, slightly off centre, on Adam's side, so I couldn't really see any signs!

ETA: Maro, your pics are EPIC!!!!!!!!!

It's because we looked so glamorous from the GA line :lol: :wink:

Hey guys! Was reading the setlist party thread and laughing my butt off.

A few things for all :)

- I was THRILLED that the feed made everyone so happy. I got a bunch of comments on Twitter and I was trying to read some of them. And, hilariously enough, that was the reason the feed cut the first few times, because every time I clicked "view" the feed bit it. Did it a couple of times before I realized it. So, what I'm trying to say is it's your fault for loving it so much. LOL! Seriously though, now I know better. It was my first time doing it.

- Twitcasting needs to be refreshed every half hour. Now that I know this, I will do it strategically so I don't cut partial songs

- Pull out your copy of Rattle & Hum. Watch Pride. Girl with white balloon, front row centre... that is the legendary "Cheryl". My good friend and uber U2 fan. I'll be seeing her again in Seattle this weekend.

- Last but not least, I will be LIVE FROM EDGEMONTON tonight... let's hope this shit works! (If it doesn't it will be no fault of mine, I'm technically ready 100% - just hope the network cooperates) - I will try not to make noises like a 12 year old as I am in the Edge Red Zone, but I cannot guarantee it.

What a show! My first U2 show and nearly made it to the front row (3 people back). It would have been nice to see the claw from afar, but I figured I'd try to get as close to the band as I could. They may not be back for another 14 years, or ever!

Anywho, here are some highlights from the photos I took:

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1556.jpg

DSCF1606.jpg

Wow, you had a good spot for some nice close-ups! :yes: I aimed for the back of the circle towards the middle, but ended up being off-center towards Edge's side.

Hey guys! Was reading the setlist party thread and laughing my butt off.

A few things for all :)

- I was THRILLED that the feed made everyone so happy. I got a bunch of comments on Twitter and I was trying to read some of them. And, hilariously enough, that was the reason the feed cut the first few times, because every time I clicked "view" the feed bit it. Did it a couple of times before I realized it. So, what I'm trying to say is it's your fault for loving it so much. LOL! Seriously though, now I know better. It was my first time doing it.

- Twitcasting needs to be refreshed every half hour. Now that I know this, I will do it strategically so I don't cut partial songs

- Pull out your copy of Rattle & Hum. Watch Pride. Girl with white balloon, front row centre... that is the legendary "Cheryl". My good friend and uber U2 fan. I'll be seeing her again in Seattle this weekend.

- Last but not least, I will be LIVE FROM EDGEMONTON tonight... let's hope this shit works! (If it doesn't it will be no fault of mine, I'm technically ready 100% - just hope the network cooperates) - I will try not to make noises like a 12 year old as I am in the Edge Red Zone, but I cannot guarantee it.

well hai thar :flirt:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
you really are a bloody legend EdgeFest :) the sound was superb and for all of us sitting in our loungerooms, kitchens, bedrooms, workrooms it was absolutely thrilling to be able to listen along to all you lovely lot having the time of your lives :hug:. . . well you made my day, that's for sure :)

have a blast in Edmonton! (and if I wasn't chained to my work desk I'd be listening along, that's for sure)

:wave:

Oh and guys, the photo's and videos posted here :drool: thanks for assisting the voyeur that lives within :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom